Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

In line for a new mouse

So yeah, I fucked up my good mouse the other day. Reached for a cup of tea and tipped it over. It was the Mexican gulf oil spill all over again. Now I need a new mouse. Suggestions?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    What's your budget first of all, and you're looking for a gaming PC?

MSN: woutervvelsen@live.nl
    Timezone: GMT +1

Middleman since: April 13th, 2011
    Marketplace minion since: April 18th, 2011
    Runescape minion since: June 6th, 2011
    Moderator since: September 28th, 2011
    General Moderator since: November 2nd, 2011
    Global Moderator since: April 29th, 2012
    Super User since: November 1st, 2013

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    I personally love the Logitech G5 and G500, mainly because of their feel rather than performance (although that isn't that bad either), however I would recommend you take a look at SteelSeries' products. The Xai and Sensei are awesome and are widely accepted as some of the best gaming mice out there. If you're looking for a mouse that just feels good and doesn't need to perform all that well you might as well go check the MX line of Logitech's mice, some are pretty comfortable.

And as Ravallo said - more info would be awesome. A budget is good to know, though more importantly it's nice to know whether you're right or left handed, whether you prefer a palm or claw grip, whether you play with your wrist or whole hand and any other specifics (e.g. I can't stand light mice unless I'm using a claw grip).

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
    I personally love the Logitech G5 and G500, mainly because of their feel rather than performance (although that isn't that bad either), however I would recommend you take a look at SteelSeries' products. The Xai and Sensei are awesome and are widely accepted as some of the best gaming mice out there. If you're looking for a mouse that just feels good and doesn't need to perform all that well you might as well go check the MX line of Logitech's mice, some are pretty comfortable.

And as Ravallo said - more info would be awesome. A budget is good to know, though more importantly it's nice to know whether you're right or left handed, whether you prefer a palm or claw grip, whether you play with your wrist or whole hand and any other specifics (e.g. I can't stand light mice unless I'm using a claw grip).

Under a 100 preferably, although I could make an exception if it's truly exceptional. Palm grip, wrist. Want a good gaming mouse.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    Under a 100 preferably, although I could make an exception if it's truly exceptional. Palm grip, wrist. Want a good gaming mouse.
    Although the SteelSeries stuff is pretty good, I personally couldn't use them with a proper palm grip (they were far too generic as well as too light for my preference, ended up clawing all the time). I suggest you take a look at the G500, it's cheap, reliable and pretty damn good for its price (it goes for around 50 bucks all the time, check slickdeals). Though if you're truly a palm grip player you might want to try the mouse before you buy it, every major store should have a G500 laying around somewhere.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Although the SteelSeries stuff is pretty good, I personally couldn't use them with a proper palm grip (they were far too generic as well as too light for my preference, ended up clawing all the time). I suggest you take a look at the G500, it's cheap, reliable and pretty damn good for its price (it goes for around 50 bucks all the time, check slickdeals). Though if you're truly a palm grip player you might want to try the mouse before you buy it, every major store should have a G500 laying around somewhere.
    I'm guessing the G700 is more mmo oriented.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    I'm guessing the G700 is more mmo oriented.
    The G700 is, simply put, utter shit. Pretty much any wireless mouse is bad, but the G700 should get a special reward for being as overpriced as shitty mice go. It's got so many quirks and issues that any hardware review site that doesn't get paid by Logitech or isn't run by retarded 13 year old fanboys will warn the user before buying it. Seriously not worth even a third of the price.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    The G700 is, simply put, utter shit. Pretty much any wireless mouse is bad, but the G700 should get a special reward for being as overpriced as shitty mice go. It's got so many quirks and issues that any hardware review site that doesn't get paid by Logitech or isn't run by retarded 13 year old fanboys will warn the user before buying it. Seriously not worth even a third of the price.
    Any other palm grips besides the G500? Any razors? I want to keep my choices open.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Any other palm grips besides the G500? Any razors? I want to keep my choices open.
    If you're talking about Razer, they make shitty mice. No offense to anyone who's a fanboy, but they're the the gaming accessory equivalent of Alienware. I've only ever had the Death Adder from their non-ambidextrous mice and it was pretty much the shittier and overpriced version of SteelSeries' stuff - too light for my taste, not too comfortable and always forced me into a claw grip. Oh and unlike SteelSeries' mice which are pretty good, Razer produces unreliable crap that breaks down and dies every now and then.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    If you're talking about Razer, they make shitty mice. No offense to anyone who's a fanboy, but they're the the gaming accessory equivalent of Alienware. I've only ever had the Death Adder from their non-ambidextrous mice and it was pretty much the shittier and overpriced version of SteelSeries' stuff - too light for my taste, not too comfortable and always forced me into a claw grip. Oh and unlike SteelSeries' mice which are pretty good, Razer produces unreliable crap that breaks down and dies every now and then.
    So I should just go with a G500? The only the thing that doesn't appeal to me about the G5 is the silverish look. I had an old M510, and even though it wasn't a gaming mouse, it was very ergonomic and aesthetically appealing.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    So I should just go with a G500? The only the thing that doesn't appeal to me about the G5 is the silverish look. I had an old M510, and even though it wasn't a gaming mouse, it was very ergonomic and aesthetically appealing.
    Well the G500 is the only cheap mouse that I could ever stand, and I'm definitely a palm grip if I can Tbh if you're buying based on aesthetics you're pretty much fucked ... might as well buy the RAT and act all proud like the Alienware kids.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Well the G500 is the only cheap mouse that I could ever stand, and I'm definitely a palm grip if I can Tbh if you're buying based on aesthetics you're pretty much fucked ... might as well buy the RAT and act all proud like the Alienware kids.
    I'm buying based on performance and durability, but I also want a mouse that I think looks nice.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    I'm buying based on performance and durability, but I also want a mouse that I think looks nice.
    Well as said - go check out the G500 at a local store or something, you might not even like it to begin with and that might just solve everything Personally I don't mind its looks, the weird pattern and colour combo give it a unique finish that's quite nice.