Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed

Packet Injector for LoL (Would decrption of packets be possible)

Hey well i know this sounds far fetched and all but i was wondering if you guys think that decrypting the packets between the server and the client would be possible, we did this with MapleStory (I know there not at all the same)

Simply sniffing the packets is useless and i would also like to know how the packets are generated weather there per session or they stay the same for each match. Anyway summoners leave your thoughts below and maybe we can start up a project just for the experience of it

Thanks
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    read about 4 pages back, and keep going back pages...
    been there, tried, and failed...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    With hooking I am sure it can be done. Sounds easy, but I wouldn't condone that kind of cheating... I draw the line at exploits and packet crafting. Zoom hacks and other "convenience" features are fine, but packet crafting... idk...

However I try to be helpful (and I don't mind shameless self promotion), so if you still want to do it, and you need some basic hooking and altering stuff, check out Injex. But you should also learn assembly (at least x86 stuff) and some Reverse Engineering before attempting to use Injex in any proper sort of manner.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    ok..packets and decompiling are two different things.

we tried decrypting the packets last year to no avail.

decompiling the game will have no use, as nothing is stored client side except variables...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

First: You "disassemble", not "decompile", these are two different things and decompiling is very inaccurate..

Second: Inside the application are functions that handle the decrypted packets. Hook the dispatcher function that calls these functions... Also, I know "packets" and "decompiling" are different things. Do you even know how to reverse engineer applications/closed network protocols?

Third: We are talking about packets here, and HOW TO GET THE DECRYPTED PACKETS, not HOW TO DECRYPT THEM, because you don't need to decrypt them, THE GAME WILL....

Fourth: Am I getting trolled here?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    sounds confusing
    Rep. Power: 126

Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikaboom View Post
    sounds confusing
    @*****179 if I gave you a version number and some offsets would you know what to do with it to meet your goal of being able to see the decrypted traffic?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Ok, firstly, I said they where different things in the first line of my reply.
    Secondly, causing events to happen in the client causes it to send more packets to the servers. Due to people on HF, riot have been checking malformed packet logs for about 3 months. If your found to be causing different events than the servers, (I'm not sure on the count, dev wouldent tell me), they log your account, I.P and ban both from the game servers.
    Thirdly yes, I do know how to decompile games, normal programs, and some obscured programs.
    Forthly, don't acuse me of things when you know nothing about me. So your a member of an internet group. So what.
    Lastly, I make encryption certificates, algorithms and decryption methods in my spair time. If I don't know how to do something, I learn how.
    Don't question me, I don't question you. All I said was what we did. That's not trolling.

The thread asked about if packet decryption was a path to take. I said no.