Thread: Private Server

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    This would be awesome! I hope that something like this could happen in the future.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by duckduckgoose View Post
    This entire thread is full of fail - a majority of the posts are uneducated guesses and make no sense.

In order to make a private server, you are going to go through a whole lot of trouble. If you want a good example, look at the source to MMO emulators like Mangos for WoW.

The client comes with XML data that actually gives you a lot more information than most MMOs would such as detailed object and monster data.

But take a few to think about what you don't have access to:

- Auth handler for accounts
    - Connection handler for active player sessions
    - AI/Pathing
    - Loot drop tables / drop % rates
    - etc, etc

You basically have to start with connecting a client to your own makeshift server to start figuring out the packet information the client sends and receives. It'd be a lot easier than spending a bunch of time de-obfuscating the entire SWF, but it still isn't -easy-. Even with all the packet information, you still have to code the entire server.

Someone already started something similar, but if you cannot do it yourself, you are not going to be able to finish it: -removed-

Not an easy undertaking whatsoever.

SQL will beable to handle accounts, loot tables and pathing just fine, aswell well as drop tables and so on, spawn points....
    Last edited by Blitz; 07-23-2012 at 08:09 PM.

Thanks
    I find it funny that people who have no idea how the server functions, think it is possible to easily recreate this. Listen to what the other people who know what they are talking about are saying. and OP you sound very ignorant, what is the point of starting a discussion if you are unwilling to listen to what someone else has to say ?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    here's a link to the current server development project. Unless I'm wrong, I tried to post it earlier but was deleted or did not successfully post:
    -removed-

--edit--
    I see now my previous post was removed. If I've done something to offend/violate any of the rules here I am still unaware of it. Whoever deleted the last post didn't even warn me or let me know why. I'm not upset, it'd just have been nice to know what I did, or what was the issue.
    Last edited by Blitz; 07-26-2012 at 04:52 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    If we even manage to create our own Private Server, would the things we do affect the original server? (if we drop a Wbag in the private server and pick up an INC would we have the same inc in, for isntance, realmofthemadgod.com?)

if we succeed i vote for it to be really private, putting it in public via MPGH forums would just cause too many troubles.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Strotbek View Post
    If we even manage to create our own Private Server, would the things we do affect the original server? (if we drop a Wbag in the private server and pick up an INC would we have the same inc in, for isntance, realmofthemadgod.com?)

if we succeed i vote for it to be really private, putting it in public via MPGH forums would just cause too many troubles.
    That's impossible to accomplish. What people is doing is creating everything again using the client. The only possible way to do what u're saying is to pay the creators of the game to let you do this and to do it for you.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xrythx View Post
    here's a link to the current server development project. Unless I'm wrong, I tried to post it earlier but was deleted or did not successfully post:
    -removed-

--edit--
    I see now my previous post was removed. If I've done something to offend/violate any of the rules here I am still unaware of it. Whoever deleted the last post didn't even warn me or let me know why. I'm not upset, it'd just have been nice to know what I did, or what was the issue.
    Linking to other "hacking" websites is against MPGH law.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Strotbek View Post

The source will not be released, it is an educational project only. Yes people will be able to play on this server but there will be no monetary gains from it, and I will not repack a client and distribute it. I will however distribute binary differential patches and utility to apply these to the current client to alter it. I will however not redistribute the client and/or any client/ Wildshadow related IP.

Quote Originally Posted by vinxlogs View Post
    That's impossible to accomplish. What people is doing is creating everything again using the client. The only possible way to do what u're saying is to pay the creators of the game to let you do this and to do it for you.
    Saying anything is impossible is wrong; Where there's a will, there's a way. It's not impossible, it's just improbable. I am not recreating the client, I'm using a modified client to reroute the traffic, you could do this or reroute network traffic at the kernel level (linux - iptables ipchains/ windows hosts lol) Too many posts revolve around the poster having absolutely no idea what he is talking about, which is misleading to many other people. It is fully possible as it has been done with many other games.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz View Post

Linking to other "hacking" websites is against MPGH law.
    I'm sorry Blitz I won't link it again.

And whoever Coat is IGN, he's a snitch. Quit snitching good things out >B/

This one is new, I just finished adding basic spawning (not that it's totally necessary yet...) as well as statistic calculation for modifiers from armor. I just realized I didn't finish adding for ability/accessory. Next screenshot will show procedural dungeon generation and a better screen of the map editor I'm writing as well ( not sure this will be entirely needed by the time polygonal map generation for realms is implemented, yet it'd still be nice to have an outside utility that's capable of connecting to the server and retrieving/setting tile data for the static maps that will exist )

-Merged by Blitz-

It won't let me edit previous post, sorry for the double post and if you'd like feel free to merge it. Here's a screenshot of the ingame map editor that admins get to use: Unlock!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails
    rao7f.png  

qDS0A.png  

zthsb.png  

YU224.png  

rotmgeditor.png  

ohe-statdatacalc.png  

Last edited by Blitz; 07-29-2012 at 10:42 AM.

Thanks
    Looks really cool. Shame you don't ever intend to release the source, I would've been looking forward to MPGH's ROTMG Private Server; Realm of the Mad Dave84311

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
    Looks really cool. Shame you don't ever intend to release the source, I would've been looking forward to MPGH's ROTMG Private Server; Realm of the Mad Dave84311
    Maybe at some point, I'd really like it to be open source but I'm afraid of C&D.

Man is distinguished, not only by his reason, but by this singular passion from other animals, which is a lust of the mind, that by a perseverance of delight in the continued and indefatigable generation of knowledge, exceeds the short vehemence of any carnal pleasure.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xrythx View Post
    Maybe at some point, I'd really like it to be open source but I'm afraid of C&D.
    Mm, I doubt you'd get one. I know Nexon has lots of lawyers and shit but there's not much they can do about MapleStory private server development. ROTMG isn't nearly that big. Just make sure you don't have any means of tracking you to your address/name/etc and you'll probably be good.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Json maps are now serializable/deserializable, if anyone's interested :P
    Code:
    {
    	"data":"eNpjYGBgBAAABQAC",
    	"dict":[
    		{
    			"ground":"Bright Grass"
    		},
    		{
    			"regions":[
    				{
    					"id":"Realm Portals"
    				}
    			],
    			"objs":[
    				{
    					"id":"Abyss of Demons Portal"
    				}
    			],
    			"ground":"Bright Grass 2"
    		}
    	],
    	"width":2,
    	"height":1
    }

I've objectified the whole map into a class WorldData:
    Code:
    private String data;
    private List<WorldDataObject> dict;

private int width;
    private int height;

WorldDataObject:
    Code:
    private List<java.util.Map<String,String>> objs;
    private List<java.util.Map<String,String>> regions;
    private String ground;
    google gson for java rocks!

Maps are now being serialized/deserialized correctly. (Atleast Tile data. Tomorrow objects/regions will come)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails
    mapser.png  

Last edited by xrythx; 07-31-2012 at 12:55 AM.

Man is distinguished, not only by his reason, but by this singular passion from other animals, which is a lust of the mind, that by a perseverance of delight in the continued and indefatigable generation of knowledge, exceeds the short vehemence of any carnal pleasure.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    god i would love to play private server. would be so fun. but it would get boring real quick i guess.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    how would it get bored when the community of it would at least be more mature :P Also you have no idea what my plans are. I'm about to post a seperate thread on this forum for the project.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123