Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

So you think Kony was bad...

Figured I share this documentary. It's about a dude named "General Butt Naked"
    He too had a child army. A story he tells the director is absolutely fucking insane.
    So to amp up his army of boys, he would bring an innocent child, split his back open and remove the heart.
    He would then cut the heart into pieces and distribute it to his army of children.

So why didn't Invisible children ever go after this guy?
    General Butt naked walks around Liberia a free man.

Oh wait I know why IC never went after him..
    They weren't payed off to go after GBN
    Because there isn't 2.5 billion barrels of oil in Liberia.

Btw was called General Butt naked cause he used to fight ass naked with his army. WTF..

The VICE Guide to Liberia | The Vice Guide to Travel | VICE

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold
    Go figure eh

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Still not understanding all the criticism against IC.
    I've read all the financials, I've read the claims and theories, I know the arguments. $6 million in temp restricted assets flushed out at the end of the fiscal year is questionable, yes.

It just seems like all of a sudden the people who never had an opinion on what they're doing before are all of a sudden throwing in their two cents, and the only reason is because they disagree with the method of things.
    I don't think anyone supports NOT making a criminal pay for his crimes. If anything, I'm sure most people, if asked, "Should Kony be tried for his crimes?" would say yes simply on the basis of justice.

People also seem to be confusing buying things from them such as that action kit or bracelets or posters with actually donating. They've already said that money from the Kony stuff is going straight to Africa. If you don't want to throw money into that temp restricted assets pool, don't. Simple as that.
    A vast majority of the popular internet personalities seem to be taking joy in influencing the opinions of others.
    I don't see any other reason to publicly object to any of it other than that.

If the goal is to make him known, then they're doing it. They might not be doing it in a way that other people would do it, but to me, at least they're doing something...

This is a legitimate question of mine because I can't seem to find anyone who's considering both sides with a couple grains of salt like I'm trying to.

In other words...@Ethereal your answer would be valuable to me. And anyone else with a brain. Not any of you fucking idiots who haven't done research yourself and are just restating what you've read elsewhere.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:

CheeseTea (03-15-2012)

Thanks
    I thought you were trolling at first, then i came across the wikipedia article.
    wat.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I've read all the financials, I've read the claims and theories, I know the arguments. $6 million in temp restricted assets flushed out at the end of the fiscal year is questionable, yes.

It just seems like all of a sudden the people who never had an opinion on what they're doing before are all of a sudden throwing in their two cents, and the only reason is because they disagree with the method of things.
    I don't think anyone supports NOT making a criminal pay for his crimes. If anything, I'm sure most people, if asked, "Should Kony be tried for his crimes?" would say yes simply on the basis of justice.

People also seem to be confusing buying things from them such as that action kit or bracelets or posters with actually donating. They've already said that money from the Kony stuff is going straight to Africa. If you don't want to throw money into that temp restricted assets pool, don't. Simple as that.
    A vast majority of the popular internet personalities seem to be taking joy in influencing the opinions of others.

If the goal is to make him known, then they're doing it. They might not be doing it in a way that other people would do it, but to me, at least they're doing something...

This is a legitimate question of mine because I can't seem to find anyone who's considering both sides with a couple grains of salt like I'm trying to.

In other words...@Ethereal your answer would be valuable to me. And anyone else with a brain. Not any of you fucking idiots who haven't done research yourself and are just restating what you've read elsewhere.
    I'm gonna be the retard here, but, I didn't get anything from your paragraph. At all. Other than disagreeing sheep is worse than agreeing sheep.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Ryan my criticism comes from many hours of research,
    which I think many of the kids that just decided to share that video didn't do.
    Kony 2012 was a shining example of how to play on peoples emotions and they did an excellent job of doing so.
    Unfortunately they left out so much vital information about what has really been happening in Uganda that it made my head spin.
    For instance Kony gets painted as this vicious warlord, yet they leave out the part about the atrocities Uganda's own president did.
    President Museveni's regime was guilty of recruiting/kidnapping children to fight in the army years before the LRA followed suit and did the same.
    Under Museveni's command an estimated 6 million people were killed in Africa. You can only imagine how many of them were children.
    The LRA was formed to combat Musevini. Now I'm not saying Kony's tactics were right, but the sad reality of this whole situation is that either way,
    these kids would be recruited or kidnapped to fight whether it be with Museveni's regime or against him.

There are other things that pissed me off a bit about the video.
    For instance the whole bit with the kid when he shows him a picture of Kony.
    It was like the director was implying: "Hey my 6 year old knows it's right to go get the boogeyman, so I should have no problem convincing everyone else"
    I'd like to think that our youth, (which was the obvious majority target) are a bit smarter than a 6 year old.
    Might just be a personal thing, but I found it a bit insulting.
    I didn't like the answer they gave about why they haven't allowed the BBB to audit them..I found that to be complete bullshit.
    If they have nothing to hide then their financials should be made transparent,
    and I don't mean simply allowing people to look at some pie graphs someone from their own organization made up.
    Also a charity organization should just stick to being that. If they want to sell stuff to raise money for the kids,
    That's fine I have no problem with that, but lobbying to get congressional approval to send more of our military to a place where they don't belong..
    well that's where I draw the line.If people don't think that there is a bigger agenda here..then they really,really need to wake up.
    This whole thing reeks of the type of Psy-op propaganda that America is notorious for.
    There are warlords out there worse than Kony, if it were really about going after a war criminal,
    Then why not go after this sick bastard in OP..who by the way admitted to eating children, cutting out kids hearts and feeding it to other children,
    raping, pillaging, leaving a trail of dead bodies estimated to 30,000. In Kony's last interview he said he didn't do any of those things,
    he actually said the things that were said about him were propaganda, and you never know maybe alot of it is.
    Museveni's regime has proven to be absolutely tyrannical, it's not like spreading propaganda against a group that opposes him is beyond the realms of possibility.

An estimated 2.5 billion barrels of oil found in Uganda recently. I just find it awfully suspect that out of the clear blue,
    someone wants to go after this Kony guy after he's been out of Uganda for 6 years, and his army has dwindled to pretty much squat.
    If you ask me, this whole campaign is to get public approval to occupy Uganda under the auspices of catching the bad guy and saving the children.
    Sorry man, this feels way too much like going off to catch the boogeymen of the Middle East, but I think we all know what the real agenda was there.
    We don't need to be in another country. Our guys are going fucking crazy doing multiple tours with out getting to see their kids grow up,
    It's costing us trillions of dollars, and it's destroying our foreign affairs. The real criminal in this whole ordeal is their president.
    If it wasn't for him, there would be no LRA.
    Last edited by Ethereal; 03-13-2012 at 05:57 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    That's our world for ya.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post

Ryan my criticism comes from many hours of research,
    which I think many of the kids that just decided to share that video didn't do.
    Kony 2012 was a shining example of how to play on peoples emotions and they did an excellent job of doing so.
    Unfortunately they left out so much vital information about what has really been happening in Uganda that it made my head spin.
    For instance Kony gets painted as this vicious warlord, yet they leave out the part about the atrocities Uganda's own president did.
    President Museveni's regime was guilty of recruiting/kidnapping children to fight in the army years before the LRA followed suit and did the same.
    Under Museveni's command an estimated 6 million people were killed in Africa. You can only imagine how many of them were children.
    The LRA was formed to combat Musevini. Now I'm not saying Kony's tactics were right, but the sad reality of this whole situation is that either way,
    these kids would be recruited or kidnapped to fight whether it be with Museveni's regime or against him.

There are other things that pissed me off a bit about the video.
    For instance the whole bit with the kid when he shows him a picture of Kony.
    It was like the director was implying: "Hey my 6 year old knows it's right to go get the boogeyman, so I should have no problem convincing everyone else"
    I'd like to think that our youth, (which was the obvious majority target) are a bit smarter than a 6 year old.
    Might just be a personal thing, but I found it a bit insulting.
    I didn't like the answer they gave about why they haven't allowed the BBB to audit them..I found that to be complete bullshit.
    If they have nothing to hide then their financials should be made transparent,
    and I don't mean simply allowing people to look at some pie graphs someone from their own organization made up.
    Also a charity organization should just stick to being that. If they want to sell stuff to raise money for the kids,
    That's fine I have no problem with that, but lobbying to get congressional approval to send more of our military to a place where they don't belong..
    well that's where I draw the line.If people don't think that there is a bigger agenda here..then they really,really need to wake up.
    This whole thing reeks of the type of Psy-op propaganda that America is notorious for.
    There are warlords out there worse than Kony, if it were really about going after a war criminal,
    Then why not go after this sick bastard in OP..who by the way admitted to eating children, cutting out kids hearts and feeding it to other children,
    raping, pillaging, leaving a trail of dead bodies estimated to 30,000. In Kony's last interview he said he didn't do any of those things,
    he actually said the things that were said about him were propaganda, and you never know maybe alot of it is.
    Museveni's regime has proven to be absolutely tyrannical, it's not like spreading propaganda against a group that opposes him is beyond the realms of possibility.

An estimated 2.5 billion barrels of oil found in Uganda recently. I just find it awfully suspect that out of the clear blue,
    someone wants to go after this Kony guy after he's been out of Uganda for 6 years, and his army has dwindled to pretty much squat.
    If you ask me, this whole campaign is to get public approval to occupy Uganda under the auspices of catching the bad guy and saving the children.
    Sorry man, this feels way too much like going off to catch the boogeymen of the Middle East, but I think we all know what the real agenda was there.
    We don't need to be in another country. Our guys are going fucking crazy doing multiple tours with out getting to see their kids grow up,
    It's costing us trillions of dollars, and it's destroying our foreign affairs. The real criminal in this whole ordeal is their president.
    If it wasn't for him, there would be no LRA.
    Now that's what I like to see. Thanks for that.

Do you think this could at all be chalked down to the fact that they have a personal relationship with the kid they met years ago who lost his brother? Seems like it could be stemming from some sort of vengeance complex.
    For example, if Museveni was the one who killed the guy's brother, would the cause be MUSEVENI 2012?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Now that's what I like to see. Thanks for that.

Do you think this could at all be chalked down to the fact that they have a personal relationship with the kid they met years ago who lost his brother? Seems like it could be stemming from some sort of vengeance complex.
    For example, if Museveni was the one who killed the guy's brother, would the cause be MUSEVENI 2012?
    Honestly Ryan, I couldn't really answer that. Is it a possibility? Absolutely.
    It's also a possibility that the kid was offered some dough to sell another story.
    Maybe it was Museveni's army that smoked his brother.
    The thing is, people will do anything for money or just get the fuck out of that place for a little while.
    I mean, there are people all around you malnourished, dying from all types of diseases, they can't trust anyone because all they know is this cut throat lifestyle..
    Shit, you and I would do it if it meant living a bit more comfortably for a while.
    For all we know Museveni is in on this thing with the states. Because of the LRA resistance it made it almost impossible to extract any oil from Uganda.
    Kony a long with a great deal of people in Uganda and surrounding countries believe that Museveni will simply horde all of the resources for profit for himself and other elitists in Africa and foreign countries, leaving Uganda in a perpetual impoverished state. Given the guys track record they're probably right.
    So Museveni gets our aid to wipe out the LRA so they can get the oil with little conflict, in return for our military presence we get a shit ton on oil.
    Seems like a pretty sound theory.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post

Honestly Ryan, I couldn't really answer that. Is it a possibility? Absolutely.
    It's also a possibility that the kid was offered some dough to sell another story.
    Maybe it was Museveni's army that smoked his brother.
    The thing is, people will do anything for money or just get the fuck out of that place for a little while.
    I mean, there are people all around you malnourished, dying from all types of diseases, they can't trust anyone because all they know is this cut throat lifestyle..
    Shit, you and I would do it if it meant living a bit more comfortably for a while.
    For all we know Museveni is in on this thing with the states. Because of the LRA resistance it made it almost impossible to extract any oil from Uganda.
    Kony a long with a great deal of people in Uganda and surrounding countries believe that Museveni will simply horde all of the resources for profit for himself and other elitists in Africa and foreign countries, leaving Uganda in a perpetual impoverished state. Given the guys track record they're probably right.
    So Museveni gets our aid to wipe out the LRA so they can get the oil with little conflict, in return for our military presence we get a shit ton on oil.
    Seems like a pretty sound theory.
    While I've always supported the liberation of child soldiers through IC, I see what you mean.
    I'll stick to the neutral team. There's too much evidence for both sides. On one hand, this whole thing is ridden with lobbyist efforts and corrupt motives, but on the other, they're just trying to do something good with the following they've got.
    I don't know.

I've been trying to interpret the founder's behavior. He was on the Today Show about a week ago, and he didn't really seem like he knew entirely what he was talking about. Sure he can talk to his son comfortably and read a script for a 30 minute rally video, but he seemed a little shaky and redundant when he was being asked questions.
    That could either be a lack of experience, which would turn me more towards the "I'm just trying to do something good" side of it, or because he had to hold up a weak front.

Oh well. Thanks for your opinion. Got me thinking quite a bit.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    so many long comments

but yes, thats probably the reason why were after kony
    Rep. Power: 126

Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Here's a thought; Invisible Child is a shitty organization who got popular from fear mongering one warlord in africa. While War Child has actually been doing things in the real world without much publicity.

Now, who really gives a fuck about Kony and his 25ish year reign? Only retards who don't know shit about anything.

VIP Support // May 2011
    CF Minion // January 2012
    Newsforce // August 2012
    Minion+ // March 2013
    Moderator // August 2014
    Former Staff // January 2015
    General Minion // July 2015
    Publicist // December 2015

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

While I've always supported the liberation of child soldiers through IC, I see what you mean.
    I'll stick to the neutral team. There's too much evidence for both sides. On one hand, this whole thing is ridden with lobbyist efforts and corrupt motives, but on the other, they're just trying to do something good with the following they've got.
    I don't know.

I've been trying to interpret the founder's behavior. He was on the Today Show about a week ago, and he didn't really seem like he knew entirely what he was talking about. Sure he can talk to his son comfortably and read a script for a 30 minute rally video, but he seemed a little shaky and redundant when he was being asked questions.
    That could either be a lack of experience, which would turn me more towards the "I'm just trying to do something good" side of it, or because he had to hold up a weak front.

Oh well. Thanks for your opinion. Got me thinking quite a bit.
    No prob pal. Now I'm off to game for a bit. My brain hurts.

Thanks

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Obv about General Butt Naked
    Last edited by Azathᴏth; 03-13-2012 at 08:34 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast