This Was Posted toDay on AlterIWnet

Yes, I know I said the last announcement was my actual last one. I lied. :P As most of you are already aware, this is the end of what you know as alteriwnet. Game servers will eventually be shut down and this forum with it. This is inevitable.

I've announced this in several places but messages are easily buried in the flurry of traffic running through the closing threads, that while this is the end of an era for alterIWNet and all of the fun times most of us have no doubt had, the community many of us have contributed to and helped build strong will be maintained on a new host. A poll conducted in another thread indicated strong interest in such a move. Most likely the void of losing the network component will be filled with other projects and mod development for popular games, which will comply with all laws and treaties as to avoid another situation like this in the future. Ultimately, where we go from here depends on you.

You should be aware that we absolutely cannot re-instate what was available here at aIW - nonetheless, it is our intention to bring new content and value to PC gaming in the form of modifications and community organization. It would be our pleasure to see those die-hard community members join us in this new venture. You can click here to be transferred to the new site - please note that the log-in button at the top does not function and you should use the one at the bottom until the problem is resolved. Best regards,