Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

Kony Gives Me a Hard On

Invisible Children co-founder Jason Russell detained for being drunk in public - BlogPost - The Washington Post

Posted at 04:51 PM ET, 03/16/2012
    Invisible Children co-founder Jason Russell detained for being drunk in public

By Elizabeth Flock

A co-founder of Invisible Children was detained in San Diego last night, accused of public drunkenness, according to the San Diego police, NBC San Diego reports.
    [IMG]https://www.washingtonpos*****m/rf/image_296w/WashingtonPost/Content/Blogs/blogpost/Images/2012-03-10T002727Z_01_NYK508_RTRIDSP_3_KONY-1590.jpg?uuid=uQFdDGxVEeGJcBxAW26urA[/IMG]
    Jason Russell poses in New York on March 9. (Brendan McDermid - Reuters)Jason Russell, 33, the filmmaker behind the very viral “Kony 2012” campaign, was allegedly found masturbating in public and vandalizing cars, and was possibly under the influence, Lt. Andra Brown told the news organization. Brown said Russell was acting very strangely, according to NBC San Diego.
    In a statement, Invisible Children CEO Ben Keesey said:
    “Jason Russell was unfortunately hospitalized yesterday suffering from exhaustion, dehydration, and malnutrition. He is now receiving medical care and is focused on getting better. The past two weeks have taken a severe emotional toll on all of us, Jason especially, and that toll manifested itself in an unfortunate incident yesterday. Jason’s passion and his work have done so much to help so many, and we are devastated to see him dealing with this personal health issue. We will always love and support Jason, and we ask that you give his entire family privacy during this difficult time.”
    Police said they had received several calls Thursday morning of a man in his underwear, running through traffic screaming, according to NBC San Diego.
    He cooperated with officers when they arrived at the scene, it said.
    “He was no problem for the police department, however, during the evaluation we learned that we probably needed to take care of him,” said Brown at a news conference. “So officers detained him and transferred him to a local medical facility for further evaluation and treatment.”
    NBC San Diego initially reported that it was an arrest.
    A call to the San Diego police was not immediately returned.
    Russell’s film “Kony 2012,” which called for the capture of Ugandan warlord Joseph Kony, went viral last week, with millions of views on YouTube. Kony is the head of the Lord’s Resistance Army, a brutal group that kidnapped thousands of children over the last two decades.
    The film received support from President Obama, celebrities like Oprah and public figures such as New York Times journalist Nic Kristof for drawing attention to the problems in Uganda. It also incurred criticism from both Ugandans and those who specialized in the region; Invisible Children called the criticism “myopic.”

Russell told the Christian Broadcasting Network that he first became interested in Africa during a church trip to Kenya in 2000.
    On the Invisible Children Web site, Russell is described as “our grand storyteller and dreamer.” At many times, he has said that his role model is Walt Disney. He recently told Apolis Global, an advocacy Web site, that his dream was to one day conceive the “world's best and brightest academy for creatives.”
    As a filmmaker, he has worked with Disney, on the film “Step Up 2,” and sold his musical “Moxie” to Steven Spielberg, according to his bio on TED Talks, a conference in which speakers get 20 minutes to share “ideas worth spreading.” Russell has also directed and choreographed over 20 theatrical stage productions and performed in over 100 different shows, the bio said. He is a graduate of the University of Southern California's film school. Russell is the father of two children.
    [IMG]https://www.washingtonpos*****m/rf/image_606w/2010-2019/WashingtonPost/2011/10/14/Foreign/Images/01_AP061112027067.JPG?uuid=-5TC-PajEeCcJkOtdSHgLw[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    you gotta do, what you gotta do to make kony "famous"

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

Source Filmmaker Animator/Poster Maker
    Former Minecraft Minion
    Film Enthusiast
    TF2 Player

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    PROPAGANDA. Fuck Kony

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

The power of the imagination makes us infinite.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    what a champ!
    Best place to get FREE TWITTER FOLLOWERS! https://spreadytweets.com/?ref=5904

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    oh yeah, saw him on the street.