Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Lightbulb SUGGESTION - New/More MM's

Hey MPGHians (MPGH community),

My suggestion would be to make new MM's or more MM's (Middle Man/Men). I have been trading in the crossfire section for a while now and have never once used an MM. Its starting to get more difficult as more and more members are turning to scamming. The problem is the MM's are NEVER online and in those short periods of time that they are, they are extremely busy. I know many who support me in saying this. I hope something can be done, and soon because I know people who are leaving MPGH because they have been scammed once/multiple times. I have people in mind who would be good for this job but will refrain from posting their names. I know you will pick somebody trustworthy. I am taking an initiative and saying something because I hope to stop the scammers.

Hoping something will be done soon,

ryakhawk

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by ryakhawk View Post

My suggestion would be to make new MM's or more MM's (Middle Man/Men). I have been trading in the crossfire section for a while now and have never once used an MM. Its starting to get more difficult as more and more members are turning to scamming. The problem is the MM's are NEVER online and in those short periods of time that they are, they are extremely busy. I know many who support me in saying this. I hope something can be done, and soon because I know people who are leaving MPGH because they have been scammed once/multiple times. I have people in mind who would be good for this job but will refrain from posting their names. I know you will pick somebody trustworthy. I am taking an initiative and saying something because I hope to stop the scammers.

ryakhawk
    For sure dude. I have got scammed 3 times and one of the times i had video proof and he still wasn't banned! I only have had 1 successful trade and i have gotten scammed 3 times.......... If i get scammed one more time, i am leaving for sure.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ryakhawk View Post

ryakhawk
    Ryan, I honestly support you in this, Due to the fact that there are so many scammers. Surprisingly some very well known Mpgh Traders/Sellers scamming as well. Hopefully they see this and do something about it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Middleman- View Post
    Ryan, I honestly support you in this, Due to the fact that there are so many scammers. Surprisingly some very well known Mpgh Traders/Sellers scamming as well. Hopefully they see this and do something about it.
    Thanks guys @Sportsguy @Middleman-

5. The Following User Says Thank You to StupidFuck For This Useful Post:

Sportsguy (03-16-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    @ryakhawk np man (:

Thanks
    Scata here, I'm on my 19k post ban.

Uhm, you can always ask a CF staff member. But unlike MM's they have the option not to do it for free.

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    You all have to choice to wait for a middleman or trade with the person
    you decided to trade without a middleman and lost your stuff

But 2 middlemen is nowhere near enough because they can't be on all the time
    Last edited by Ed; 03-17-2012 at 01:02 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifts Bitch View Post
    You all have to choice to wait for a middleman or trade with the person
    you decided to trade without a middleman and lost your stuff
    People can still scam you with a middleman i hope you know. It happens alot to people sadly including me ):

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    Which is why you watch who you're trading with.

Thanks
    I don't do trades here, but I can see how only two middlemen on a site with an active market place and over a million registered users could be a problem. More middlemen could definitely cut down on scammers too considering there would be less incentive to trade without a middleman.

@Dave84311

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Blitz For This Useful Post:

StupidFuck (03-17-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    1) make a trading outpost system for better organization
    2) get an mm or two more
    3) ????
    4) PROFIT!!!!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Online most of the time, I do atleast 2-3 trades daily.
    Our timezones might differ though, but it should be (nearly) the same as Insane's

Just be patient and wait for either @Insane or myself to come online if we aren't at that time, it's partly your fault you're a victim of scamming ...

MSN: woutervvelsen@live.nl
    Timezone: GMT +1

Middleman since: April 13th, 2011
    Marketplace minion since: April 18th, 2011
    Runescape minion since: June 6th, 2011
    Moderator since: September 28th, 2011
    General Moderator since: November 2nd, 2011
    Global Moderator since: April 29th, 2012
    Super User since: November 1st, 2013

Thanks
    We can't help the amount of scammers.
    You can't say "If the MM would have came the guy wouldn't have scammed" 80% or more of the time if the guy has an intention to scam he'll try up until he has to pull out. Partly why so many people say there partner said "g2g" right before a trade.
    Then the next day you guys do the trade without us, cause he was online and we weren't. And wonder why you get scammed.
    I personally would be fine with another MM. Ravallo and I will talk about that type of stuff, and probably pick one from existsting staff. (Oh and remember guys most hacking forums don't even have nearly as a successful marketplace, or one at all)

@ryakhawk

I was gone all last week, person reasons, so that's probably why you didn't see me at all btw.
    And I told you this too.

@Alen

1) make a trading outpost system for better organization

I'm up for new ideas, that doesn't concern me as much though.

@Blitz

Finding people who are able to do the job can be challenging. We've been fine with 2-3 MM over the past year or two and everything's worked out.
    We up it to 3 when things get really active.
    Plus without activity on the trading sections and knowledge of how things go as a MM how can you base an opinion?
    Bandwagon.

@Saboteur

No unofficial MM..

@Sportsguy

If you leave MPGH and go to another trading forum, you can get equally scammed.
    Or a little less of a chance because it's probably a lesser known forum but it also probably has less activity.

Nothing really changes. As for the scammer reports, you can't just expect us to ban people for taking your word for it. You say you had proof, probably didn't.
    There's a thread teaching you what is necessary for a scammer report so you should keep that in mind.

We try our best for being a hacking forum, just bare with us.

tl;dr Your fault if you get scammed, we'll talk about another MM, we can't help the amount of scammers
    Last edited by Insane; 03-17-2012 at 09:34 AM.

Ex Middleman

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Well, this was kinda an idea i've been thinking of for a while. I mean Insane and Ravallo are excellent Middlemen, but they can't do a trade every 5 minutes or so like i see on Ravallo's vm's. Maybe another middleman would be good, but keep the existing two. I'd suggest an existing member of staff to do the job.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    Well, this was kinda an idea i've been thinking of for a while. I mean Insane and Ravallo are excellent Middlemen, but they can't do a trade every 5 minutes or so like i see on Ravallo's vm's. Maybe another middleman would be good, but keep the existing two. I'd suggest an existing member of staff to do the job.
    thank you guys for agreeing with me! @Insane @Blaze

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast