Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

A question about computers ? Would BF3 easily work ?

So.... Hey all, before i say anything, im sorry for my english : )

So, i want to buy a new computer, and my dads friend said that he will sell me his pc but when i went to his house with money and everything he was like

"no, im really sorry, but i cant sell you it, i need it" and well.... i am angry because for $397.1 i would have a very very good pc, with Intel I5 2500K, Nvidia GTX560, 4GB ram, 1 TB of hard drive. So you can suggest that i am furious. Well, today i thought of doing something with my old pc

My Old PC specs:

AMD, Sempron(tm) Processor 3200+ 1.81GHz
    2GB Ram
    Nvidia Geforce 7600GS
    Asus M200N Series Notebook (Notebook o,O?)

so, as you can see no way BF3 could run on this pc, and well i was thinking of putting some new parts to this old pc i would put

Intel I3 2100, Nvidia GTX 260 and maybe 8gb ram... What you guys think ? is it worth it? Or just earn some more money to buy a new pc... i dont have much money so i was thinking of this idea.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lonely
    What are you doing about the motherboard?
    [IMG]https://i143.photobucke*****m/albums/r135/xSpartan_117x/ChiefPwnage.gif[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbrdd View Post
    What are you doing about the motherboard?
    well... should i buy another motherboard ? or this is alright ? i dont know, sorry i dont know much about pc's

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Buy new pc if I were you
    /me /me

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Build it yourself. Much cheaper and you get a much better choice of parts.
    Last edited by Jorndel; 06-18-2012 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Removed Link

Source Filmmaker Animator/Poster Maker
    Former Minecraft Minion
    Film Enthusiast
    TF2 Player

Thanks
    If your willing to put in the work and money, build it from parts. Never buy a computer, you always end up getting ripped off.

On a side note, you need a new everything. That PC was crap even 5 years ago.

Thanks
    This is coming from someone that spent 9 years in schooling for this...

No, no and NO.

If you are going to do anything for a bf3 setup and you are on a VERY tight budget, do not use Intel, Do not use Nvidia.

For about 500$ you could easily make a solid gaming PC (Not high end)...

Use the AMD APU's, make sure its one of the top ones out, sinc that with a so-so graphics card (Radeon HD6550~), Mobo does not need to be anything special, just an F1 socket, Go with 8gb of G-skill 1600MHz ram... Power supply... 450 Watts. Not pretty for the PSU, but it is cheap and it will run everything perfectly fine.

Oh, Western Green drives, get a TB, shitty disk drive, dont matter there...Thermaltake cases can be bought for 40-60 bucks...

All in all... Around 540$ and you could still cut corners.
    And it will play BF3 on Medium... Its not bad, but it will work, it plays, will still be quick...

For about 600 you could grab the AMD FX 6200 and an AM3+ Mobo (for 105$ you can get a solid one. Do not get any under it.) and the rest can be the same, maybe a smaller HDD and another SSD.

Boom.
    Fast, Cool, Quiet, and all for under 600$

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PasterOfMuppets View Post
    So.... Hey all, before i say anything, im sorry for my english : )

So, i want to buy a new computer, and my dads friend said that he will sell me his pc but when i went to his house with money and everything he was like

"no, im really sorry, but i cant sell you it, i need it" and well.... i am angry because for $397.1 i would have a very very good pc, with Intel I5 2500K, Nvidia GTX560, 4GB ram, 1 TB of hard drive. So you can suggest that i am furious. Well, today i thought of doing something with my old pc

My Old PC specs:

AMD, Sempron(tm) Processor 3200+ 1.81GHz
    2GB Ram
    Nvidia Geforce 7600GS
    Asus M200N Series Notebook (Notebook o,O?)

so, as you can see no way BF3 could run on this pc, and well i was thinking of putting some new parts to this old pc i would put

Intel I3 2100, Nvidia GTX 260 and maybe 8gb ram... What you guys think ? is it worth it? Or just earn some more money to buy a new pc... i dont have much money so i was thinking of this idea.
    Gotta stop you here.

I5 2500k. Thats fine. Good processor, but overpriced...

Now here is where I wanna smack you.
    GTX560?
    NO. Just fucking no.

Specs of these cards are just terrible and they are a waste of money. Mem clocks are terrible, poor design and cooling... For the same price you could grab a 7770 and run circles around it... 159$... And it blows it away.

People need to stop looking at names on these things. Read the specs, view the benchmarks. STUDY BEFORE YOU BUY.

Not mad, but it is annoying when people just talking about things they have no idea about...

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

If you have no idea how to build one yourself, you can go to newegg and hit DIY Combos... Amd based systems for around 530$ and almost what I said earlier...

Rig Specs:
    Mobo: ASUS Crosshair V Formula/Thunderbolt AM3+
    CPU: AMD Fx- 8150 @ 4.6 GHz
    GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 580 Classified ULTRA 3GB 384-bit GDDR5
    PSU: RaidMax RX-1050SS
    Memory: 16GB G-Skill Sniper Series @ 1866 MHz
    Cooling: Swiftech H2O-X20 Edge HD Series
    Case: Corsair Carbide 500R

8. The Following User Says Thank You to caskinsro For This Useful Post:

Noovaa (03-19-2012)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by caskinsro View Post

No, no and NO.

If you are going to do anything for a bf3 setup and you are on a VERY tight budget, do not use Intel, Do not use Nvidia.

Use the AMD APU's, make sure its one of the top ones out, sinc that with a so-so graphics card (Radeon HD6550~), Mobo does not need to be anything special, just an F1 socket, Go with 8gb of G-skill 1600MHz ram... Power supply... 450 Watts. Not pretty for the PSU, but it is cheap and it will run everything perfectly fine.

Oh, Western Green drives, get a TB, shitty disk drive, dont matter there...Thermaltake cases can be bought for 40-60 bucks...

And it will play BF3 on Medium... Its not bad, but it will work, it plays, will still be quick...

For about 600 you could grab the AMD FX 6200 and an AM3+ Mobo (for 105$ you can get a solid one. Do not get any under it.) and the rest can be the same, maybe a smaller HDD and another SSD.

Boom.

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

Gotta stop you here.

GTX560?
    NO. Just fucking no.

Specs of these cards are just terrible and they are a waste of money. Mem clocks are terrible, poor design and cooling... For the same price you could grab a 7770 and run circles around it... 159$... And it blows it away.

People need to stop looking at names on these things. Read the specs, view the benchmarks. STUDY BEFORE YOU BUY.

Not mad, but it is annoying when people just talking about things they have no idea about...

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

If you have no idea how to build one yourself, you can go to newegg and hit DIY Combos... Amd based systems for around 530$ and almost what I said earlier...
    Very informal.

Although I'd suggest getting a PSU that can handle over 450 watts

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

No, no and NO.

Boom.

Gotta stop you here.

GTX560?
    NO. Just fucking no.

better off getting a 560ti or 6850 or better yet a 7850
    for the i5?
    no
    no
    no
    FX-8120 all the way
    8 cores
    bro i5 has VIRTUAL cores
    FFS

Thanks
    Ive got an i5 laptop with 4 gigs of ram and a nvidia 540M gpu.
    I can run the game at 720p with all settings on low at an average fps of about 30-33

I have an i5 2500k desktop with an EVGA 570 GTX, and 8 gigs of ram.
    I run the game at 1080p with 4x AA, and all settings on high at 50-60 fps average.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by uwontprevail1 View Post
    Ive got an i5 laptop with 4 gigs of ram and a nvidia 540M gpu.
    I can run the game at 720p with all settings on low at an average fps of about 30-33

I have an i5 2500k desktop with an EVGA 570 GTX, and 8 gigs of ram.
    I run the game at 1080p with 4x AA, and all settings on high at 50-60 fps average.
    The game is locked at 30fps anyway so getting xtra fps means nothing, just makes the card work harder and raises your ping

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fishncips4T View Post
    The game is locked at 30fps anyway so getting xtra fps means nothing, just makes the card work harder and raises your ping
    Hahahaha, you made my day!

FPS locked only on consoles, and your ping depends on your internet connection, just FYI.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

No, no and NO.

Boom.

Gotta stop you here.

GTX560?
    NO. Just fucking no.

I use Intel and Nvidia on my monster gaming system and works exerlent on all games not just BF3

Oww and I have the Nvidia gtx 5690 ti hawx beats the crap out of some good cards.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    tbf you speak fucking complete BS the GTX560 is a great card. What you are doing is comparing it to some of the best cards out the like the 590 and 6990 thats why you think it is shit. In fact this card is fine for running bf3. Also i agree with you that the I5 and whole I series is overpriced and personally thing you should get the quad core black edition 665 because games don't have the engines to use any more than a 4 core processor and dont get the 6 core because you will not get any different apart from a different price.

further more nvidia is overpriced and would go for a amd graphics and process meaning that you will be able to use amd vision.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to day-out For This Useful Post:

blader123 (03-22-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lonely
    You also forgot the fact that bulldozer is shit.
    [IMG]https://i143.photobucke*****m/albums/r135/xSpartan_117x/ChiefPwnage.gif[/IMG]

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast