Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Not all CPU's can upgrade to 64 bit systems... He needs to check and make sure... THATS what I said.
    I didnt read into it, but after looking into it I see that they will support x64.

But installing win 7 may not be the best choice for him... His specs seem pretty low and it would rail him sideways trying to play games....

Easy solution. Gallon of Gas and a Match.

Rig Specs:
    Mobo: ASUS Crosshair V Formula/Thunderbolt AM3+
    CPU: AMD Fx- 8150 @ 4.6 GHz
    GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 580 Classified ULTRA 3GB 384-bit GDDR5
    PSU: RaidMax RX-1050SS
    Memory: 16GB G-Skill Sniper Series @ 1866 MHz
    Cooling: Swiftech H2O-X20 Edge HD Series
    Case: Corsair Carbide 500R

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lonely
    Ok I have to say this. You should go to another forum for hardware advice. A tech specific forum. They will be unbiased and will just give whats best for you. After that there won't be any flaming between what people appear to believe are tech experts.
    [IMG]https://i143.photobucke*****m/albums/r135/xSpartan_117x/ChiefPwnage.gif[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbrdd View Post
    Ok I have to say this. You should go to another forum for hardware advice. A tech specific forum. They will be unbiased and will just give whats best for you. After that there won't be any flaming between what people appear to believe are tech experts.
    So you believe going to a tech specific forum will prevent bias. I want to where your logic with that is coming from.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lonely
    No, there will be bias, the thing is that there will be a lot more unbiased tech junkies there. The biased people at tech forums will know a lot less in reality.
    [IMG]https://i143.photobucke*****m/albums/r135/xSpartan_117x/ChiefPwnage.gif[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbrdd View Post
    No, there will be bias, the thing is that there will be a lot more unbiased tech junkies there. The biased people at tech forums will know a lot less in reality.
    I don't see where you get the basis for your logic. Also, I fail to see how bias affects someone's knowledge of a matter. Bias is a preference for something and that preference will affect their judgment, not knowledge.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post

I don't see where you get the basis for your logic. Also, I fail to see how bias affects someone's knowledge of a matter. Bias is a preference for something and that preference will affect their judgment, not knowledge.
    Some people can be so bias to the point they refuse to have knowledge about both subjects.

As an example, I love the UFC fighter Anderson Silva, I believe he is the best fighter in the world. If someone says, Georges St.Pierre or John Jones is better, I would disagree with them even thought I don't know much about either of those fighters. And I would refuse to watch them fight because I believe so deeply Anderson is the best.

(This is just an example and not actually true).

Some people can be so bias it constricts them from knowledge.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Noovaa View Post
    Some people can be so bias to the point they refuse to have knowledge about both subjects.

As an example, I love the UFC fighter Anderson Silva, I believe he is the best fighter in the world. If someone says, Georges St.Pierre or John Jones is better, I would disagree with them even thought I don't know much about either of those fighters. And I would refuse to watch them fight because I believe so deeply Anderson is the best.

(This is just an example and not actually true).

Some people can be so bias it constricts them from knowledge.
    It may, but not always. I'm biased on somethings, but I hear people out and acknowledge them if they have a proper argument. So I would agree with you, that generally bias does narrow a person's view, but not always.

Thanks

It may, but not always. I'm biased on somethings, but I hear people out and acknowledge them if they have a proper argument. So I would agree with you, that generally bias does narrow a person's view, but not always.
    Yes, there tends to be two types of people, those that won't take other peoples opinion and knowledge into consideration, and those that do.

Were all bias about some things, were not robots.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Noovaa View Post
    Yes, there tends to be two types of people, those that won't take other peoples opinion and knowledge into consideration, and those that do.

Were all bias about some things, were not robots.
    Actually I have to reiterate my argument correctly. It's the nature of bias to narrow peoples' view of things, especially new ideas that conflict with their excepted standards and such. The less biased you are, the more likely you are to acknowledge someone's argument or presented view.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Can you all take your arguments somewhere else, this post is for help with PC upgrades, stfu.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshos9 View Post
    Can you all take your arguments somewhere else, this post is for help with PC upgrades, stfu.
    Did you read the whole thread?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by caskinsro View Post
    Back on topic... Just get a newer AMD Apu system. Seems like it would be everything you just asked for... Quad core with built in HD6000 series grahpics... F1 Board, A8 APU, and 8GB Ram will run right around $400~ USD.
    But he can't play with proc-integreted videocard, this is really slow. I have HP Pavilion dv6 which comes with A8-3510MX APU with 6620G proc-videocard, discrete videocard is 6750M, but I rarely use CrossFireX mode (6620G+6750M=6725G2), because it sometimes actually slows the game (the one game which got boosted with this is Dead Space 2). I play with textures/effects/shadows on medium, sometimes high or extra, anything else is off. My FPS on conquest is 30-50, on TDM it is 40-60. The model of laptop is 6b10er and it costed for me nearly 900$ (I don't know what is exactly price in dollars, because I bought it in Russia, where I live)

So, I don't think that integreted videocard will give him more game experience.
    Last edited by Speedypancake; 03-26-2012 at 04:48 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedypancake View Post
    But he can't play with proc-integreted videocard, this is really slow. I have HP Pavilion dv6 which comes with A8-3510MX APU with 6620G proc-videocard, discrete videocard is 6750M, but I rarely use CrossFireX mode (6620G+6750M=6725G2), because it sometimes actually slows the game (the one game which got boosted with this is Dead Space 2). I play with textures/effects/shadows on medium, sometimes high or extra, anything else is off. My FPS on conquest is 30-50, on TDM it is 40-60. The model of laptop is 6b10er and it costed for me nearly 900$ (I don't know what is exactly price in dollars, because I bought it in Russia, where I live)

Well obviously the integrated card is much weaker than the big guns. How would the companies make money if the mobos came with cards like GTX580 preloaded.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedypancake View Post

Dumbass please read back before you talk. I said if he paired it with the same series card that it came with it would run DUAL mode. Virtually double the memory... And seeing as what I said has already been proven several times by numerous people... I think I win.

As for your laptop. It's a piece of shit and overpriced to hell.

900... You have any idea what kind of system you can build for $900? That just cracks me up...

Im sorry, but if you bought a computer then you should NOT be posting in this topic.

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

Well obviously the integrated card is much weaker than the big guns. How would the companies make money if the mobos came with cards like GTX580 preloaded.
    The integrated cards on the A8 APU is the mid-end HD6770. Not a terrible card all things considered ($139 for the APU) and another reference card will run just around that figure alone. It can also be overclocked and bumped up pretty good.
    Friend of mine has the APU running at 800MHz core. Not a whole lot bumb, but its around 75MHz and still running stock air cooling.

I figure the tech is new, but the products being used are "old" and pretty cheap to get their hands on. Hence the reason they do not cost all that much.

Cant lie... I would love to see a board come loaded with a GTX 580... Id love to see how it was cooled lmfao. Those cards would burn the board right up. Thats the reason they dont. Way to much heat.
    Last edited by caskinsro; 03-28-2012 at 01:35 PM.

Rig Specs:
    Mobo: ASUS Crosshair V Formula/Thunderbolt AM3+
    CPU: AMD Fx- 8150 @ 4.6 GHz
    GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 580 Classified ULTRA 3GB 384-bit GDDR5
    PSU: RaidMax RX-1050SS
    Memory: 16GB G-Skill Sniper Series @ 1866 MHz
    Cooling: Swiftech H2O-X20 Edge HD Series
    Case: Corsair Carbide 500R

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lonely
    When you build a laptop. Come back to this. In the meantime stop calling what other person's opinion is a shit object. Just say you don't disagree and that you don't BELIEVE it to be a decent laptop.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast