Thread: Need moar RAMs?

Thanks

Need moar RAMs?

Well, apparently someone has figured a way to use a USB flash drive via the concept of ReadyFlash in Vista. While it will gain you no significant boost in RAM, just that little bit more can always help.

Explanation:
    Can I use a USB RAM stick to increase system memory? - Ask Leo!

Code:
    https://**********.com/files/194149246/EBoostr_by_oberoi.rar

Pass: irock
    No, I did not upload this passworded .rar, so in turn, I did not make the password irock xD

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Ive heard about this from some sand nigga at my school. There all a bunch of computer nerds.
    Deutschland wird wieder Reign!

Ganja King
    Thank me if i helped

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    You could always do this. In fact, window's kernel does this with pages(Address spaces or in simpler terms, processes). When pages are inactive they are flushed to the harddrive, and when they're needed they're reloaded into the RAM. The only problem is, even with a direct connection to a Harddrive, this process is slow as fuck if there is constant flushing and loading, which there probably will be if you intend to play games that need more RAM then provided by your computer. The reason for this is because opposed to sending and receiving signals through the BUS immediately with little delay from the RAM, you have to wait for the disk in your harddrive to do a full rotation. Which could takes a lot longer then the RAM would. On a flash drive, it will be a lot slower then the harddrive. Ultimately, it would depend on the read\write speed of your hdd\flash drive, but even some pretty fast ones will cause it to be quite a slow process.
    Last edited by radnomguywfq3; 02-06-2009 at 08:35 PM.

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhellbound View Post
    Ive heard about this from some sand nigga at my school. There all a bunch of computer nerds.
    And ofcourse just because you "hit it" all day and "smoke a bowl" makes you the coolest?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    I never said that.
    I said the pakis are smarter than me...
    Deutschland wird wieder Reign!

Ganja King
    Thank me if i helped

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    ram sticks are actuly cheaper then USB sticks, or about the same price
    also this shit is like super old.. i mean like 2-3 years back

Thanks
    I know Jet, if somethings slow that's hooked directly to the motherboard, than something connecting through a USB port will be slower obviously. Which is why I also included that link to that article. He explains a lot of obvious things. But, eh, what the hell.

Thanks

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Jetamay View Post
    You could always do this. In fact, window's kernel does this with pages(Address spaces or in simpler terms, processes). When pages are inactive they are flushed to the harddrive, and when they're needed they're reloaded into the RAM. The only problem is, even with a direct connection to a Harddrive, this process is slow as fuck if there is constant flushing and loading, which there probably will be if you intend to play games that need more RAM then provided by your computer. The reason for this is because opposed to sending and receiving signals through the BUS immediately with little delay from the RAM, you have to wait for the disk in your harddrive to do a full rotation. Which could takes a lot longer then the RAM would. On a flash drive, it will be a lot slower then the harddrive. Ultimately, it would depend on the readwrite speed of your hddflash drive, but even some pretty fast ones will cause it to be quite a slow process.
    Why did you get him started?
    Now he wrote an essay for you :@

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    rams cost 15dollars where i live for 2gig

Thanks
    The price of RAM is also tied to the speed of the RAM I personaly Run DDR2 (my dad runs DDR3) . but if you put DDR3 RAM on a DDR2 wired motherboard you WILL fry the motherboard. So if you plan to build a computer pay attention to the motherboard specs... if it says RAMDR2 you have to only run DDR2 RAM.. if it says RAMDR3 only run DDR3 RAM! other wise enjoy your slow or burnt out motherboard! RAM also is measured in gigahertz the more gigahertz the RAM is measured the faster the PC will go ex: my ram is 10***** I have 4 sticks OF 2gig ram measured at 10***** DDR3