Thread: Legal Entry?

Thanks

Legal Entry?

I know most "hack" "warez" "torrentz" etc forums usually have a disclaimer when attempting to join the forum that explicitly state that if you work for "company" "agency" "informants" etc you may not enter the site... AT ALL. I believe it was because of the DMCA or something that allowed this, not sure exactly. I may have missed it when joining, but I don't think that's here? Would it be so hard to make that a requirement and maybe send an email out to reactivate all active accounts by agreeing on new ToS? This should "legally" keep NX out of our hair. I know we have no way to PROVE someone is from NX, but their legal department can't MAKE them join if we state they may not enter. Just food for thought, it may be there, it may not, shouldn't be hard to implement new ToS.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    TL;DR something about new acounts having to be reaproved?
    Music historian here to please and displease,learning to teach all you peeps,so stop by the music part of the forum,and ask the question to your needs.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    they can just join anyways "unofficially" and theres no law saying they cant pass on whatever they "know"

Thanks
    Also you must remember that as hackers, WE are in fact breaking THEIR TOS....so why would they feel at all inclined to obey any that we enacted? As to any legality......same applies!

Thanks
    Those terms of services which you refer to; Most often found upon sites which do unmentionable things - Are worthless.

You can not simply assume that the person visiting for one reason or another is bound to the same laws which the host state would intend to enforce. Whilst I find this to be backwards, I can honestly say that this is a good thing. If it were not this way, there would be zero internet freedom at all.

Regardless, this forum does not revolve around vindictus, though a large portion of it's visits very well may come from this game. It would not be useful or legally binding to post a disclaimer for those visiting as this would only further complicate the issue.

What needs to be done is the ethical and logical moderation of these "Tools"; Example: Not posting 500 Empowered Enhance stones all at once on the market place.

Though as with any crowd which is drawn to the quick gain with no work ideals.. You will rarely find anyone who isn't out for good ol number one. (Themselves)

EDIT-

Just to mention on the post above me; It is not illegal to violate the terms of service. There are no laws which say "Do not hack Vindictus." Though you could taken to court over actions which cause potential harm; These actions are not illegal in their innate form.
    Last edited by Valorofone; 04-05-2012 at 12:41 PM.