Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

The origin of three religions.

Since this is something i find interesting, i'll post it.

Christianity.

Christianity started off with Jesus, he died, his disciple's carried his teaching and religion with them. It spread like wildfire, but not enough to get a majority againts the roman gods.

Persecution: Of the three i'd say Christianity is first. Why? Because in the start, they slaughtered christians. The Christian people did not start out like the other three, they were not just a group of same ethnicity people. They put them in the gladiators pit, made them fight lions, pretty much they were the equivalent of slaves but without the origin of one.
    Building: Funny story, you know that big old empire of Rome? Yeah well turns out sometime after slaughtering christians day in and day out they just adapted it as their major religion.
    1. Of course this was great for the christians, no more getting killed all the time.
    2. But at the same time this lead to what is generally known from that: all the wars in the name of Christianity.
    3. Of course, the original disciples were long dead, jesus gone, and the only people left had been suffering for generations. But the roman empire was a vast empire, and they LOVED war/conquest. It obviously went against the teaching of christianity but the alternative was to keep getting slaughtered.

Islam.

Islam started off with Muhammed, he fled to medina, came back and conquered mecca. Then it spread as all religions do, through the natural war of humans.

Persecution: Well Muslims weren't really persecuted.(They place last in this part). The few people that died in the start were slaves, and the people who were "persecuted" were not numerous enough to note.

Building: Funny story, did you know that conquest actually spread Islam?
    1. Ok so at first muhammed fled from mecca, went to medina.
    2. Eventually got a big enough force, took Mecca.
    3. Then after he died Islam became pretty much spread through conquest just like the Romans, joining an empire for such cause.
    4. Of course, this spreading was the same as mecca and such, and was actually approved through the Religion.

Judaism.

Judaism is believed to have started primarily with abraham as the figurehead. It followed through history with the jews.

Persecution: Well pretty much slavery. (Places second).

Building:
    1. All history of the religion being built pretty much follows this:
    a) Conquer/genocide.
    b) take the lands and build a nation.
    c) Get conquered.
    d) become slaves.
    e) Get free.
    -repeat.

In most cases its pretty similar terms.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway so the debate is: Does the origin of a religion effect the religion itself?
    Last edited by Empire; 08-25-2012 at 02:26 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Hmm. You seem to know many things about religions, but let me express my opinion about Christianity.
    Christians were nοt always that good as they look like. A lot of Christians were murderers and rapists so they had been slaves from their own mistakes.
    Yes, I know that Romans were not that good too, but they were more educated and didn't do that shit. Christians in that period of the time were monkeys !!!

Romans (and Ancient Greeks) not believed in Gods, they just worshiped them as elements of nature! Thats the reason that they never had a problem with their religion!

If you have something to tell me let me know

Sorry for any mistake in English :P

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Ah thats interesting.

Are you not from greece though? The romans clearly had gods, the ones the adapted from the greek. You know, zeus, athena, hades. Etc... I must be mistaken on the english though, because it seems you think they only worshiped the elements. Of course these were the adapted gods, jupiter, mercury and such.

Eh......very few people were slaves because of their own actions. Most people who would commit such actions as rape and murder were more likely killed or thrown in a dungeon if it was punished by law, than to become a slave.
    ------------------------

Christians were romans though. They were not of different ethnicity really.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    I am from Greece and I know plenty things about those Gods (The Olympians) but as i told you, ancient Greeks never believed in Gods they only named the elements of nature and worshiped them!

God of Thunder and Weather -> Zeus
    God of the Seas -> Poseidon
    God of Wisdom and Prudent War -> Athina
    God of War -> Mars, Ares
    God of Underworld -> Hades

From what I am saying I want to conclude that the 12 Gods Of Olympus were not real Gods with the form of a human. They were just element of nature that Ancient greek worshiped them.

I think that I made you to understand what i mean :P

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by woody94 View Post
    I am from Greece and I know plenty things about those Gods (The Olympians) but as i told you, ancient Greeks never believed in Gods they only named the elements of nature and worshiped them!

God of Thunder and Weather -> Zeus
    God of the Seas -> Poseidon
    God of Wisdom and Prudent War -> Athina
    God of War -> Mars, Ares
    God of Underworld -> Hades

From what I am saying I want to conclude that the 12 Gods Of Olympus were not real Gods with the form of a human. They were just element of nature that Ancient greek worshiped them.

I think that I made you to understand what i mean :P
    I'm not saying that they were real, but they did worship them as gods not elements.Each god has his own "element" and he was associated with such.

To say they didn't believe in gods is just kind of......wrong? They clearly did as there are still today statues, paintings, temple's, etc. all towards the gods. You have literature on it, you have pretty much all the proof you could ever ask for on it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    @Empire How you Know all about relgion (not talking In this thread) You are Dam Active at these Section and You got Knowledge like WOW

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzyeasy View Post
    @Empire How you Know all about relgion (not talking In this thread) You are Dam Active at these Section and You got Knowledge like WOW
    I know a moderate amount about religions. The history is more interesting to me so i study that more.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

I know a moderate amount about religions. The history is more interesting to me so i study that more.
    hmm that's why you are God dam Active in this sections and ur answers are so mmm

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Hey Empire. I wanna tell you again about the theme of Believe in Gods and Woship the Gods.
    Because my english education is not that good and i can't explain you some things so easy i will stop. But I will let you know that I have read 1 book each of Plato and Aristotle that they explain how the Ancient Greeks were "believing" in Gods.

I'll just tell you again. They didn't believe, they worshiped them :P

Anyway I don't want to argue with your knowledge, I am just trying to inform you about my religion

Thank you for your time
    Last edited by woody94; 08-28-2012 at 10:09 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Yeah its the english translations getting all mixed up. Sorry about that.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    The origin affects everything. Who knows, what if Abraham, Muhammad, or Jesus did something different, it would change any aspect of the religion based on what they did.