Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

GFX Team Lead Application

We're looking to reopen GFX in the next few weeks and we need someone to head it. This will probably be a minion position (and likely be promoted to a moderator position in the future).

This thread will likely be open for a week, to give everyone an opportunity to apply if they are interested.

Your responsibility will be the following:
    • Pick GFX team members.
    • Keep contests going and promote activity in the section.
    • Ensure that things are running smoothly in the section (Flaming, spam, etc).

Requirements:
    • Must be active in this section.
    • Must have at least 500 posts.
    • Mustn't be one of the reasons why the section died in the first place (flamer or elitest ******).

Name:
    What makes you perfect for the position:
    What would you do to bring life to the gfx section:
    Anything else?:

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dave84311 For This Useful Post:

Fayded (04-18-2012)

Thanks
    Name: Royce

What makes you perfect for this position:I like to see the art, I can be a leader, I can control what goes on in the section, We will hold SOTW and a award for people with SOTM, I will hold organized contest, I can get adobe photoshop free for people who wants to get into the gfx business ,I have talent in me and it time to show it

What would you do to bring life to the gfx section:I know a lot of people who will get the GFX really active, I will show you some of there work, Also SOTW and SOTM

Anything else?:I'm really active.

Here is one I made:

People I will bring:
    [img]https://i1225.photobucke*****m/albums/ee399/dragonkaiser1/TheHulk.png[/img]

Last edited by Royce; 04-13-2012 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Lying, again. I said no such thing.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Royce For This Useful Post:

Ryuesi (04-26-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Name: Jonathan

What makes you perfect for the position: I've been doing GFX for quite some time I just wanna get my skills back and see what I can do and how I can help this section I will try my best to get people and bring the section alive I have new ideas I could make the SOTW and post the rewards .

What would you do to bring life to the gfx section: I would create SOTW's I could make new things that could bring all the GFXer's here I could make this section more fun so that more people would come I would do my best on this section .

Anything else?: I'm kinda rusty but heres some of my old work

Last edited by L; 04-13-2012 at 08:36 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to L For This Useful Post:

Ryuesi (04-25-2012)

Thanks
    Name: Will

What makes you perfect for the position?
    First of all, I'm not an elitist ****** - I lack the skill to be. I really want to gain some responsibility on the site. I also think this would be a great way for me to expand mine, and others', knowledge of GFXing. I think I'm a good designer, but I still have quite a bit to learn. I would love to be able to help the site, and myself, grow using my skills as a designer. I know my way around MPGH, and more specifically around this section. I know all the active members of this section, and their graphic design abilities so I would also be a great candidate for picking the team.
    I've been a member of MPGH for two and a half years, so I know, and abide by, all the rules. In all my time here, I've only ever had 3 infractions - which I think is a pretty good track record from what I've seen of other members' infraction history.
    So, in conclusion, I think I'd make a pretty good team leader.

What would you do to bring life to the gfx section?
    Not only would I get SOTW back of running, but at the end of the month I would take the winners from each week and put up a voting thread for SOTM (signature of the month) which would consist of the winning tags of each week. Also, I would give each team member specific jobs that they would do alongside the general stuff that being a member consists of. This would include having someone who is specifically there to give cnc in the showroom section, someone to handle (either give out to other team members, or do him/herself) requests in the Requests section, someone who would regularly update the recourses and tutorial sections, and someone who would make banners for signatures (that members would wear to advertise the section) and badges/tags for winners of the competitions. As leader I would do my best to help out with all these roles, but my main job would be keeping the section clean, running the competitions, and ensuring that the GFX Team carry out their responsibilities.

Anything else? Just want to wish the other candidates luck. Also, thank you to everyone that took the time to actually read all that.
    I don't want to make the page even bigger by actually posting ALL my work so: https://willjervis.imgur.com/all/
    That album has all my GFX work past to present, along with some real life drawings as well.
    Last edited by Cynic; 04-14-2012 at 02:07 PM.

[IMG]https://i281.photobucke*****m/albums/kk231/drsynyster/cynic.png[/IMG]

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cynic For This Useful Post:

.REZ (04-14-2012),[MPGH]Hero (04-14-2012),Royce (04-14-2012),Royku (04-14-2012),Ryuesi (04-26-2012)

NOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOB
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Name: Allen Davtyan

What makes you perfect for the position: In my opinion of-course I think that being a Minion, and having the ability to have and control of your own section is a huge thing, and that you should always for no any apparent reason always obey my the rules. But the thing that makes me perfect for this position is that I have been doing my best of my ability being as much active in this section as how I'm in other sections, and doing my best of my ability to do as many requests upon staff,members and for other people wanting signatures, banners, etc. But I also believe that not everyone does perfect work in doing Graphic Design, and that with promoting this section and making it active, many people will always be getting feedback from people, and that will make them get the feeling, and the penitential to fix and make there design more unique, and making there Graphic Design skills better and get them into the point for more advanced designing.

What would you do to bring life to the gfx section: With my experience in Graphic Design, Photoshop, and getting around here on MPGH, I will moderate this section everyday for at-least 6 hours a day, doing many requests for people, keeping the section clean and organized, and most important promoting this section to be one of the most active one right behind the General Section.

Anything else?: I just wish all you guys all good luck,and for all these great designers here on MPGH applying and being part of a great community doing as much as they can helping out.

Some of my work:

[IMG]https://i1218.photobucke*****m/albums/dd410/ElementDesigns/SOTW18ByDTX.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]https://i1218.photobucke*****m/albums/dd410/ElementDesigns/GOOGLESIG-1.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]https://i1218.photobucke*****m/albums/dd410/ElementDesigns/googlesig-2.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]https://i1218.photobucke*****m/albums/dd410/ElementDesigns/allensig.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]https://i1071.photobucke*****m/albums/u513/ParadiseGFXOffical/Hero.png[/IMG]

[IMG]https://i1071.photobucke*****m/albums/u513/ParadiseGFXOffical/okoko.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]https://i1071.photobucke*****m/albums/u513/ParadiseGFXOffical.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]https://i1071.photobucke*****m/albums/u513/ParadiseGFXOffical/Dark.png[/IMG]
    Last edited by [SMA] Paradise`; 04-14-2012 at 09:27 PM.

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to [SMA] Paradise` For This Useful Post:

.REZ (04-14-2012),aeronyx (04-15-2012),Black Eyed Peas (04-15-2012),DannyIzHere (04-15-2012),[MPGH]Doc (04-15-2012),FinalHazard_ (04-21-2012),[MPGH]Hero (04-14-2012),Royce (04-14-2012),Royku (04-27-2012),Ryuesi (04-25-2012),[MPGH]Wyo (04-15-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Drunk
    My main is: @Obscene (3900+posts)

Name: Brett

What makes you perfect for the position: I have alot of free time on my hands, and more to come when summer is here. I really want to contribute to mpgh. I also have Been an GM as well as a gfx member there on Tony's old music forum, so i know how to do the job.

What would you do to bring life to the gfx section: i would be able to put together contests with valuable prizes to ensure the gfx section will stay active.

Anything else?: I havent been doing gfx for a little while now, these are some of my old work.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Fayded For This Useful Post:

Ryuesi (04-26-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Name: Shayne

What makes you perfect for the position: I've been GFX Leader before? Everybody knows me? I'm already minion? I'm arguably the most respected? I just got an Android phone so I pretty much always have time to check the section and maintain some activity in showroom etc.
    What would you do to bring life to the gfx section: Actually appoint a new GFX team, with new blood. I will ask leaders of other section for their input into various themes and ideas for SOTW so we can have some variety. Need a new logo for a new hack being released? Make a SOTW for it. Need a new YouTube background? Make a SOTW for it.

SOTW needs to be simplified and be an umbrella for all design competitions. It should no longer just be about signatures, it should incorporate everything. SOTW should be an umbrella term. Say if Ethereal wants to run a paid competition we will advertise it under SOTW even if it goes for more than a week, using the term SOTW with each competition will familiarize people with it and they will attribute it to something good.

In terms of making SOTW consistent once the GFX team is appointed they should use a simple template that is easily copy pasta'd onto a new thread and all they need is someone to sticky it. They should then go out to various popular sections and advertise it. They should have a set time-frame to post the SOTW Entry thread.

Now in terms of general activity, the team and anyone else frequenting the section for that matter should be consistently offering critique, and perhaps fill out a request or two from the request section as long as the request is of some importance. We should also have a chill-out thread where everyone who frequents the section can talk about signatures, artwork, competitions, request and just graphic design in general. Now that may seem like a perfect environment for spamming but as long as people regulate it, it should be fine. Not only that but it can be a place where people who are new can say hello, ask us questions, and be welcomed in the section.

Anything else?: You probably thinking, Shayne's been here long enough, he's getting stale, we need new blood etc etc. Honestly it's your call.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

14. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Doc For This Useful Post:

.REZ (04-21-2012),[MPGH]Ethereal (04-25-2012),Kuro Tenshi (04-20-2012),Matt (04-19-2012),Mr.Seyeko (04-22-2012),Paladin (04-23-2012),Paradox (04-20-2012),Rhysis (04-23-2012),Royce (04-21-2012),Ryan (04-19-2012),Ryuesi (04-25-2012),Sketchy (04-26-2012),[MPGH]Wyo (04-20-2012),[SMA] Paradise` (04-20-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    Name: Sherif Sameh
    What makes you perfect for the position: I don't have pictures i made , but i can raise up the activity with giving ideas and contests
    What would you do to bring life to the gfx section: I can give ideas to make pictures and make contests with a good prizes , tutorials and more
    Anything else?: Nothing but i am sure i can bring life to the section
    Last edited by Hexicidal; 04-23-2012 at 11:15 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    We're all done here.

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave84311 For This Useful Post:

Kuro Tenshi (04-26-2012),[SMA] Paradise` (04-25-2012)