Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by porygonzx View Post
    That is why he has more grammys, more views on his movie, and even more facebook likes than Lil wayne?
    people like you need to pop emselves.
    are you seriously using grammys, youtube views and facebook likes to judge an artists quality? the reason why eminem is so popular is because there are so many immature and angsty white trash out there who can relate to the bullshit he talks about. where as lil wayne and drake are on another level intellectually than eminem, some of their punchlines and underlying themes are a bit too complex for your average joe eminem fan to understand so they tend to attract a lot of hate for that. eminem is a joke, hes in the same category as wierd al or those jugaboo clown rappers or whatever.

O B E Y

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Attiusca View Post

are you seriously using grammys, youtube views and facebook likes to judge an artists quality? the reason why eminem is so popular is because there are so many immature and angsty white trash out there who can relate to the bullshit he talks about. where as lil wayne and drake are on another level intellectually than eminem, some of their punchlines and underlying themes are a bit too complex for your average joe eminem fan to understand so they tend to attract a lot of hate for that. eminem is a joke, hes in the same category as wierd al or those jugaboo clown rappers or whatever.
    Before he was mainstream, he was good. He still is.
    Lil wayne is shit. Drake is shit. Nicki Minaj is shit.
    /mytwocents

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Oh. This image explains just how I feel (ironically, I never thought I'd have to use it).

God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

1st off. You can't say anything about musical talent then hate on weird al. It contradictory to any pretense you have on being a musical critic.

Secondly, there are two types of popularity:

1. Genre.
    - This is basically defined by singing/producing a certain type of music and certain people generally find that genre attractive. For instance screamo, its unpopular as HELL but whoever listens to it, generally listens to MOST of the artist in the genre(or at least enough that they are popular/profitable).

2. Talent.
    -You see this for a lot of rock/pop. People like Ozzy, MJ, Adele, etc(in no way am i saying they are all equal), but basically if you have enough talent they appeal to people outside their genre. I don't give a shit for rap, its honestly pathetic and most of the people in the business are just idiots. But eminem is actually pretty decent.

And yes, popularity does show it. Popularity outside of genre fans.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

> some of their punchlines and underlying themes are a bit too complex

Let's see those punchlines.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    I like eminem because his music so good

lil wayne and drake's music and lyrics cannot be understood

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Honestly they may be two of the greatest rappers of all time. amazing lyrics, flow, literary devices, puns and metaphors, themes, solid albums, great live performers. hip hop and rap fans seem to discredit these guys a lot of times claiming "tupac would be ashamed" or "biggie and tupac would have gotten together and destroyed lil wayne/drake". lets be real now, tupac and biggie are dead because they were both rabid gang monkeys who made songs about shooting eachother and look what happened now: they are both dead. what are people talking about when they say they cant "relate" to lil wayne's music about sex, pussy, and sizzurp (aka: purple drank, lean, dat purpy stoof). like you can relate to tupac? or nas? or biggie? please kid you're about 1/100th as gangsta/thug/hood as those guys were and you're saying their music has more meaning to you than a modern masterpiece like Tha Carter IV? you've got to be kidding me. Drake and Lil Wayne are the future of rap. they are the Dr. Dre and Snoop of today. and please I dont want anybody to come in here and mention any fangled new-age underground hipster "street conscious" shit like immortal techn9ne or jedi mind dicks or whatever, if those guys were so good they would have record deals with ACTUAL record companies by now like young money or roc nation.

i would say lil wayne and drake are two of the greatest rappers out there with nicki minaj creeping up there as well. weezy F baby, we runnin this rap shit. drizzy drake, we runnin this rap shit. sticky nicki, we runnin this rap shit. young money, we runnin this rap shit.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHH. Little wayne? A fucking hampster ****** who looks like he is choking on cock every time he raps?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Honestly they may be two of the greatest rappers of all time. amazing lyrics, flow, literary devices, puns and metaphors, themes, solid albums, great live performers. hip hop and rap fans seem to discredit these guys a lot of times claiming "tupac would be ashamed" or "biggie and tupac would have gotten together and destroyed lil wayne/drake". lets be real now, tupac and biggie are dead because they were both rabid gang monkeys who made songs about shooting eachother and look what happened now: they are both dead. what are people talking about when they say they cant "relate" to lil wayne's music about sex, pussy, and sizzurp (aka: purple drank, lean, dat purpy stoof). like you can relate to tupac? or nas? or biggie? please kid you're about 1/100th as gangsta/thug/hood as those guys were and you're saying their music has more meaning to you than a modern masterpiece like Tha Carter IV? you've got to be kidding me. Drake and Lil Wayne are the future of rap. they are the Dr. Dre and Snoop of today. and please I dont want anybody to come in here and mention any fangled new-age underground hipster "street conscious" shit like immortal techn9ne or jedi mind dicks or whatever, if those guys were so good they would have record deals with ACTUAL record companies by now like young money or roc nation.

i would say lil wayne and drake are two of the greatest rappers out there with nicki minaj creeping up there as well. weezy F baby, we runnin this rap shit. drizzy drake, we runnin this rap shit. sticky nicki, we runnin this rap shit. young money, we runnin this rap shit.
    Cuz Lil Wayne has a little wang, and Drake drinks his dick

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

Thanks
    Boy, you just made a BIG mistake. Even lil wayne knows eminem is better.

But tupac is legendary. You can't say drake or lil wayne is better, thats like putting two retards up against two heroes.

Lil wayne and drake are autotuned if they try to sing.
    Their lyrics are the same words over and over. They rap about stuff they NEVER did.
    Tupac and eminem have real lyrics, they don't suck shit like as lil waynes or drakes. And they atleast been there.
    Last edited by Snake; 04-27-2012 at 06:21 PM.
    Need a custom image title? Check out my thread

You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    You try way too hard to troll, but I guess it pays off since some people actually believe it. None of those arguments were close to right so there's no real reason to try and dispute. Try again.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    You don't know shit about rap if you think those 2 retards are the greatest rappers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12