Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored

Watercooling or Aircooling?

So i got 110€ and i am having a hard time between choosing the Hidro H100 or a Aircooling (dunno :|)
    Could do with some advice Socket 1155 by the way.
    @Alen
    Last edited by Occidi de Pax; 04-20-2012 at 03:50 PM.
    Music historian here to please and displease,learning to teach all you peeps,so stop by the music part of the forum,and ask the question to your needs.

Thanks
    Watercooling is much beter

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by davidpox View Post
    Watercooling is much beter
    Based on what?....
    Music historian here to please and displease,learning to teach all you peeps,so stop by the music part of the forum,and ask the question to your needs.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Honestly I think water cooling, its quieter than aircooling in my opinion. You'll have to base it on your opinion.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to porygonzx For This Useful Post:

Mr. Lonely (04-22-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by porygonzx View Post
    Honestly I think water cooling, its quieter than aircooling in my opinion. You'll have to base it on your opinion.
    Its not, the radiators fan are pretty loud. The Noctua NH d14 is much more quieter than the Corsair H70 which is of similar price. Noctua NH D 14 is also cooler in idle and full load temps.
    Corsair H70 Review » Page 4 - Testing: Setup & Results - Overclockers Club

---------- Post added at 02:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ultimateon View Post
    So i got 110€ and i am having a hard time between choosing the Hidro H100 or a Aircooling (dunno :|)
    Could do with some advice Socket 1155 by the way.
    @Alen
    I comes down to you, Air cooling is generally cooler, quieter than liquid cooling (not custom). But for some people isnt as aesthetically pleasing as water cooling. It also comes down to the fact, "Will your case support Water cooling?". You have to make sure your case will support the radiator, unless your planning to do some case modding.

Corsair H70 Review » Page 4 - Testing: Setup & Results - Overclockers Club
    Last edited by Aznganxter; 04-22-2012 at 01:51 AM.
    CPU: Intel i5 2500k
    MEMORY: Gskill 8gb 1600mhz (4gb x 2)
    MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
    HDD: OCZ Agility 3 (60gb) and WD Caviar Blue (1tb)
    GPU: HIS AMD HD 6950 (x2 crossfire)

My Anime List: https://myanimelist.net/profile/CowsGoMooo

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Aznganxter For This Useful Post:

Occidi de Pax (04-22-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    tl;dr

Water cooling will be quieter only if you eliminate all the air cooling fans - if all you're doing is replacing one fan with another, not much is gonna change. Get a proper LC kit and cool your whole PC and you'll see how quiet it can get. Furthermore if you're going for quiet, the first thing you'll want to do is change the gfx cooling, not the CPU cooling.

In terms of performance, even the Corsair premade stuff tends to be better than high-end air cooling, so go for it imo.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Alen For This Useful Post:

Occidi de Pax (04-22-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Well if you get a big case, the fans are quiet as shit.(i got mine on high right now and they are SILENT).
    -------------------------------

But unless you get small ass fans, i'd always go for fans. Water cooling, its nice. But its not as condition safe as fans. Also you are putting water next to electronics in the very basics. Sure its insulated but if your going for the long run(in other words won't be constantly modding) then yeah, its not as good as a fan.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Well if you get a big case, the fans are quiet as shit.(i got mine on high right now and they are SILENT).
    -------------------------------

But unless you get small ass fans, i'd always go for fans. Water cooling, its nice. But its not as condition safe as fans. Also you are putting water next to electronics in the very basics. Sure its insulated but if your going for the long run(in other words won't be constantly modding) then yeah, its not as good as a fan.
    The Corsair's H line of CPU heatsink + rad combos will no sooner kill your CPU than eletromigration on stock voltages. Also how is it not "as good as a fan"? After all the only thing that changes is that instead of sticking a fan on a shitty heatsink, you're sticking it on a rad that you can place anywhere you want, hell, you can even place it under an already existing fan and just eliminate one fan from the whole setup.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
    The Corsair's H line of CPU heatsink + rad combos will no sooner kill your CPU than eletromigration on stock voltages. Also how is it not "as good as a fan"? After all the only thing that changes is that instead of sticking a fan on a shitty heatsink, you're sticking it on a rad that you can place anywhere you want, hell, you can even place it under an already existing fan and just eliminate one fan from the whole setup.
    just saying, long run there is less problems with fans than watercooling. The error problems are a lot bigger too, one fan won't destroy your pc, but a failed watercooling system will.

Thanks
    Watercooling for the win