Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Royce da 5'9" View Post

this this this^^^^ I dont mind taking my name out and recommended other

People just get out of control and we can have a 24 hour service To keep this section clean.

This time it will be sucessful
    The same was said the last several times. I want to see what is going to make this time different. Frankly, there aren't even enough people active in the section for it to really get out of control. You know what, i'd be fine with GFX just admitting that they're going to be useless instead of making empty promises.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Desiderius View Post
    Well known =/= active in promoting the section. I still don't see the necessity of having a special usergroup for graphic staff. In theory, members should be willing to do logos and such for the site because they appreciate the services, not because they want a reward. All I see around this section is a lack of resources, inconsistent contests being ran, and for lack of a better term.. opinionated douches.

Keeping with the topic of this thread: The only person I believe to be deserving of this tag is Kero.
    Don't really know who you are, and don't really care..
    but the fact of the matter is the team IS being made again,
    and the people that have the best shot at getting onto it fully understand that it's not going to be like previous fails.
    The point of the team, regardless of your own opinions of what peoples motivations are for joining,
    is to give people something to work towards, while also providing services for staff and regular users.
    Many of us have already discussed future plans and implementing new ideas,
    This will most likely go into affect much quicker than it did last time around,
    considering that we all know that Dave is done putting up with the bullshit here.

As far as "opinionated douchebags" That really doesn't happen as often as it did in the past.
    Some of those people left, and the remaining that were douches have learned to tone it down.
    Anyway, we're here to discuss why people should be on the team.
    No offense, but your input was pretty irrelevant.
    The people that frequent this section have been pretty optimistic for the reopening of the team,
    No need to be pessimistic about it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post

and the people that have the best shot at getting onto it fully understand that it's not going to be like previous fails.
    The point of the team, regardless of your own opinions of what peoples motivations are for joining,
    is to give people something to work towards, while also providing services for staff and regular users.
    considering that we all know that Dave is done putting up with the bullshit here.

As far as "opinionated douchebags" That really doesn't happen as often as it did in the past.
    Some of those people left, and the remaining that were douches have learned to tone it down.
    The people that frequent this section have been pretty optimistic for the reopening of the team,
    I'm not trying to be pessimistic, i'm just viewing it realistically. Past teams consisting of similar members haven't produced anything worth mentioning. From what I've observed, nobody in the team wants to work hard on projects and get nothing in return, so it does inevitably fail. I'll admit, I have seen a recent decrease in the raging and spamming, but I don't know if its partially to blame on people acting good because of the reformation of the team. I still don't believe that the section meets the activity requirements for the four spots open.

Heres a challenge then, prove me wrong and do something useful. I could blurt out tons of past plans that never actually got anywhere.. I want to see you guys actually get something done. Until then, I'm going to keep thinking this is about as useful as TM or CS.
    Last edited by Desiderius; 04-30-2012 at 04:41 PM.

Thanks

But do you know the people who been around here longer is kinda the reason why the section failed,

everything else seems right

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

Ikr, all these random people are know appearing who didn't even apply.

He should give it to the people that actually want to help

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

I personally think people who applied should be eligible to join the team.

https://www.mpgh.net/forum/8-graphic-...plication.html

That would be
    1.@Royce da 5'9"
    2.@Cynic
    3.@Paradise`
    4.@Cosmic

I posted those four names because fayded has only 200+ post and L is banned

People think bad about me but that should not affect my chances because I've been trying to get this section active ever since dave said he was reopening it.
    Royce you're not going to get it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mAULed View Post
    Royce you're not going to get it.
    5 reasons I am not, You dont even know me

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    Man don't even start up again Royce.
    this is one of many reasons why you arnt getitng it so STOP! already

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I'm not trying to be pessimistic, i'm just viewing it realistically. Past teams consisting of similar members haven't produced anything worth mentioning. From what I've observed, nobody in the team wants to work hard on projects and get nothing in return, so it does inevitably fail. I'll admit, I have seen a recent decrease in the raging and spamming, but I don't know if its partially to blame on people acting good because of the reformation of the team. I still don't believe that the section meets the activity requirements for the four spots open.

Heres a challenge then, prove me wrong and do something useful. I could blurt out tons of past plans that never actually got anywhere.. I want to see you guys actually get something done. Until then, I'm going to keep thinking this is about as useful as TM or CS.

Kind of hard to get a whole lot done when the section itself is pretty slow..
    I recently tried hosting my second payed large art contest, offering close to 200.00 in Steam or Amazon gifts,
    but the section was dead and not a single person entered.
    Summer is on the way again and we should see more traffic in this section as always.
    Like I said people have already started brainstorming, and even doing stuff..
    Kero for one releasing a nice LP pack, I started a render dump thread,
    and hopefully when we get some more traffic, we might start the battle ladder up again but try something a little more different and rewarding to the user.
    Just gotta talk to Dave about a couple things to see if it can be done.
    I know you mentioned the resource section, and yeah you're dead on about that.
    A few of us already brought that up, and that's pretty much a big priority,
    as well as getting requests done for users, the Help and request section usually always has traffic,
    but for the most part not a lot of people in gfx were getting much done, myself included.
    That's going to change hopefully if Doc lays that down as a law.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fecher View Post
    Man don't even start up again Royce.
    this is one of many reasons why you arnt getitng it so STOP! already
    What exactly Am I doing?

You guys keep saying I am not getting it and I am asking why?

Thanks

Kind of hard to get a whole lot done when the section itself is pretty slow..
    I recently tried hosting my second payed large art contest, offering close to 200.00 in Steam or Amazon gifts,
    but the section was dead and not a single person entered.
    Summer is on the way again and we should see more traffic in this section as always.
    Like I said people have already started brainstorming, and even doing stuff..
    Kero for one releasing a nice LP pack, I started a render dump thread,
    and hopefully when we get some more traffic, we might start the battle ladder up again but try something a little more different and rewarding to the user.
    Just gotta talk to Dave about a couple things to see if it can be done.
    I know you mentioned the resource section, and yeah you're dead on about that.
    A few of us already brought that up, and that's pretty much a big priority,
    as well as getting requests done for users, the Help and request section usually always has traffic,
    but for the most part not a lot of people in gfx were getting much done, myself included.
    That's going to change hopefully if Doc lays that down as a law.
    Doc needs to lay down the law if he expects anything to get done, and anyone who doesn't want to take it seriously should be kicked promptly from the team.

What exactly Am I doing?

You guys keep saying I am not getting it and I am asking why?
    Please ignore him, I literally just posted about this kind of thing.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Desiderius For This Useful Post:

Royce (04-30-2012)

Thanks
    Doc needs to lay down the law if he expects anything to get done, and anyone who doesn't want to take it seriously should be kicked promptly from the team.

Please ignore him, I literally just posted about this kind of thing.
    people like him is the reason this sections dies.

Just wondering, But do you have a main account?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

I couldn't agree more with that statement.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah

people like him is the reason this sections dies.

Just wondering, But do you have a main account?
    People like me? now your starting to piss me off. Doc already deleted most of your comments in this thread and you are bringing it all right back up, he deleted them for a reason..
    we already listed 5 reasons and more why you should not get it.

so dont say people like me kill this section, Beacuse thats just ignorant to say. i actually help this section with useful comments and CnC on how to help people, i also give tons of resources.

what do you do? you spam threads like this, you make pointless and useless threads asking dumbass questions.

PEOPLE LIKE YOU KILL THIS SECTION. You annoy the shit out of me. and what i hate most is you talk all this shit and then you try to suck up to that person like things are going to get better.
    Last edited by fecher; 04-30-2012 at 05:11 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Just ignore Royce..stop arguing with the kid already.
    All he's doing is proving everyone's assumptions right by spamming this thread with useless bullshit anyway..
    My opinion about him will change if he sticks around this section after the team is chosen, and he actually does what he says he will do.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

[SMA] Paradise` (04-30-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Yeah, you niggas always seemed to love the shit that BSG/thatotherkoreannigga/me used to post, I remember when I used to be a giant stockcollector fag for VFX~~

I don't really see what the deal is though. I feel that anyone who is going to join the team, needs to have a great personality. I for one, think that having the personality is way more important than knowing your shit (although it is important), but we want to have a happy community and shit won't work out. This is the change that Dave was looking for. Instead of the team being a bunch of elitist ******s like that last couple that we've had, why not get a team that is dedicated to working along and getting out a bunch of the kinks, a team that's pretty much dedicated in the long run.

You guys just need to stick it out, because there's always going to be shit-starters here, and we might get rowdy. But that shouldn't be able to get in the way. This community is gated, more or less, because we feel like some people just can't do good enough to be in here. Maybe you need to rethink things, maybe working with certain people that are friendly with everyone and choose not to pick fights, and perhaps ones that are willing to work harder and show effort.

Just my two cents, so use it as you will. I just had to put in some information because I've been here for a while and I have a slightly better knowledge of how things go on in this section. I'll be watching how stuff is going and I'll be offering some useful CnC and dropping in at random, since my schedule has always been busy. :3

@Ethereal , you pretty cool at dem contests and shit.
    @Doc , wish you luck with the section broski. I'll be on FB if you needzzzzz. /
    Last edited by Rhysis; 04-30-2012 at 05:31 PM.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rhysis For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Ethereal (04-30-2012),Royce (04-30-2012)

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast