Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Who says "God" has to some sort of deity. Maybe there is no God, but something that just is all around us (best way I could explain it).

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    "There is no god but the god I make"
    -me

You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimuri View Post

Im not christian, and as far as I know, the bible has been edited.

As for the qu'ran: this whole book and sayings etc etc is made by one person who couldn't read. Thats quite impressive and has taken scientists' hearts for a long time now. Personally I do believe that Allah is out there, but the way the muslims act just make my lose my faith. I dont believe in the big bang theory and the dinosaurs, apes and stuff. Thats for sure.
    Why? You seem like a pretty sensible guy....Evolution and all of that has some pretty solid facts to support it, much more than ANY religion has ever had. If I had to pick a side it would definitely be science.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    Why? You seem like a pretty sensible guy....Evolution and all of that has some pretty solid facts to support it, much more than ANY religion has ever had. If I had to pick a side it would definitely be science.
    Its odd that you compare the two in such a way.

Because as far as I know, there is no conflict in believing in both science and religion, and more to the point:

How do you believe science over religion? Science is category of intellect, just like math and speech. Religion is not. Religion is man-made ideas that other people follow.

Its like saying "i believe in science over justice" or "I believe in science over love". You can still believe in both without conflict.

It just isn't in the same category and people tend to forget that.
    ================================================== ==================

What you are probably getting at is that there is no "proof" or such for God. Which is a long argument but basically it comes down to this:

Why do I need proof for religion?

There is just as much proof for the idea of justice, love, and equality then there is for "God" imo, so i see no need really.

You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    @Empire I may be wrong in saying this but doesn't the idea of evolution (something that has facts based on science to back it up) directly conflict with the idea of Adam&Eve and etc. from the bible?

At least, that's what many religious people say right? For instance, if I tried to bring the idea of evolution up to my grandmother she'd probably hit me with her slipper.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    @Empire I may be wrong in saying this but doesn't the idea of evolution (something that has facts based on science to back it up) directly conflict with the idea of Adam&Eve and etc. from the bible?

At least, that's what many religious people say right? For instance, if I tried to bring the idea of evolution up to my grandmother she'd probably hit me with her slipper.
    Many people of the Christian faith (including more orthodox types) believe that Adam and Eve is nothing more than a morality tale, not the origin of man, but just the origin of sin.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Religion is made by people to fill in the blind spots of human minds. It all has to do with intelligence..

My 2 cents..
    “Those who control the past, control the future: who controls the present controls the past” ~ George Orwell

Its me, Dreamgun

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123:6061175
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimuri View Post

Im not christian, and as far as I know, the bible has been edited.

As for the qu'ran: this whole book and sayings etc etc is made by one person who couldn't read. Thats quite impressive and has taken scientists' hearts for a long time now. Personally I do believe that Allah is out there, but the way the muslims act just make my lose my faith. I dont believe in the big bang theory and the dinosaurs, apes and stuff. Thats for sure.

The fact is that I'm not convinced by the fact that we are born as cells in water, evolved to fishes, and then we supposedly turned into some lizardish thing and then some monkey kind. Then comes the big bang theory, if I'm not mistaking, the earth was a big hot place with lava everywhere billion years ago.

But science is doing the same as religions: they make sure you will NEVER find out and live to tell on.

Religion:
    You cant get back from the death nor can you go in the future and look for the day of justice.

Science:
    You can't go back in the past.
    Sure you'll find some stuff religion cant explain, but there are things that even the science is unsure about.

Im talking like science and religion cant go together, lol. Let me just remind you that knowledge in the islam=paradise.

Personally, if science could revive people, make organs like real ones, eyes, fingers etc.. If they can do that, then I won't believe in a religion anymore.
    Need a custom image title? Check out my thread

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

Many people of the Christian faith (including more orthodox types) believe that Adam and Eve is nothing more than a morality tale, not the origin of man, but just the origin of sin.
    This can also be linked to how mankind reproduced. Out of nowhere there are other people in the bible. Though geneology is "linked" through adam and eve, the presence of other humans is just accepted without question and therefore pretty much accepting the fact that adam and eve were not the only humans but more telling this story as a point of how sin was born.

Thanks
    So how did Adam and Eve make babies that eventually reproduce enough to form the world...We are all family

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

This can also be linked to how mankind reproduced. Out of nowhere there are other people in the bible. Though geneology is "linked" through adam and eve, the presence of other humans is just accepted without question and therefore pretty much accepting the fact that adam and eve were not the only humans but more telling this story as a point of how sin was born.
    There are times when I believe there is a god in this universe, but it always hits me when I think that there could very likely be this one guy that made this up, and people started following his ideas believing it was real eventually leading up to today. The bible could be just a book someone has written to support his fact that god does exist, thought it does sound very legit ._.
    [IMG]https://lh4.googleuserconten*****m/-2mhYwvrrFYs/TYWT-Bg-6PI/AAAAAAAAARM/khuTJxUqQu0/s320/tumblr_ku2f2t1Y9p1qaqo0wo1_400.jpg[/IMG]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123