Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    I really don't care about what people believe. As long as they don't go overboard and affect others.
    For example, I have no problem with the Jehovah's witness's coming and handing out fliers, that is legal and fine.

But I do have problems with people like one time I was walking down a street and some religious figure (i think christian) was saying how we would burn in fire and brimstone and this other time I went to a college event and there was a booth where a group of atheists basically slammed religion and called its followers crazy and such.

Those people are just stupid.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to vaporak10 For This Useful Post:

Stevenom (05-20-2012)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zubni View Post
    ,please prove to me there is no God
    This is your biggest problem. The burden of proof is not upon us, it is on you. YOU are making the claim a god exists, so YOU get to prove it. If I walk up to someone and say "Prove I can't fly!", they aren't going to suddenly say that I must be able to fly, they are going to say "Wtf are you talking about? Prove you CAN!".

I have respect for agnosticism as well because atleast they think there is a God.
    There are different kinds of Agnostics. Agnostic theists, and agnostic atheists. Be more specific.

you can't deny it
    Why not? I can deny anything. I can deny the existence of a god, just as you deny the lack of one.

I really don't understand how a someone could be atheist.
    That's like asking: "Why don't you believe in unicorns?".

The answer to both is: "Because they're made up, silly!"

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    I really don't care if there is a god or not as long as the universe keeps working i'm good.
    |Thank me if I helped|
    [IMG]https://i1198.photobucke*****m/albums/aa447/David_Hargis/Freemanv2.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]https://i1198.photobucke*****m/albums/aa447/David_Hargis/CombineSoldiers.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks
    This, this is not a good Debate. OP just keeps saying "God exists" without putting up even a slightly decent argument repetitively.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Sorry, I'm going to be short but typing on a phone on my way home is really annoying.
    First of, There is a really good book about something like this, it's original name is: die gottersformel, I suggest you read it.

I don't think atheists should prove that there is no god, I think religious people should prove that there is a god (as stated above).

I have no problem with religious ppl, as long as they find peace and understanding in that religion. I have a problem with those religious ppl who are trying to force their religion on others, starting wars, blowing stuff up, etc.

I'll continue ASA I get home...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by nevs666 View Post
    Well first off I am going to state that I can't prove to you that there is no god, just like you can't prove to me that there IS a god or that there are magical unicorns on the dark side of the moon. Let me ask you this, if a man walked up to you and said "There is a man in the sky that made you and everything around you, and he gave you freewill but you still have to worship him or you will burn in a lake of fire forever after you die". Would you believe him? Of course you wouldn't. To answer your first question on how the universe was formed, I personally don't give a fuck. Some people want to "uncover the secrets of the universe" and that's all fine and dandy for them but I really don't care unless it directly effects me. Let me answer your last question with a question. How can you believe there IS a god. How can YOU be that foolish. Look at computer in front of you, did god make that? No, a MAN made that. I really don't give a fuck if you believe in a god, that's your own business, but don't sit there and say you can't believe that some people might have a rational thought and think that a magic man in the sky might not exist.
    Exactly dude. Look at it is way. You see the computer in front of you. And u know someone made it. Look at the earth and the universe. You won't assume it just happened to be. There has to be a higher being. Every design has a designer.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by maxgork131 View Post
    Exactly dude. Look at it is way. You see the computer in front of you. And u know someone made it. Look at the earth and the universe. You won't assume it just happened to be. There has to be a higher being. Every design has a designer.
    So your saying god has a designer?
    "If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."

-Benjamin Franklin
    ^One of our (our as in American no offence to non Americans) Founding Fathers and one of my personal heroes.

Thanks
    Why can't people let other people be...I'm atheist and I don't go telling people that god doesn't exist, and that the world of science states that the universe began with a bang and that therefore god doesn't exist.
    [IMG]https://lh4.googleuserconten*****m/-2mhYwvrrFYs/TYWT-Bg-6PI/AAAAAAAAARM/khuTJxUqQu0/s320/tumblr_ku2f2t1Y9p1qaqo0wo1_400.jpg[/IMG]

You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    @zubni

I like you dude, you're a pretty cool guy. But there's no way you can seriously be sitting there trying to tell me you don't understand how people CAN'T believe that there's snake's that talk, virgin's that get pregnant, and all that bull. I don't care if YOU believe in it, but don't try and sit there and try to force ME to believe in it. :S

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    You shouldn't really care what the Persons Beliefs are, Just let him be. My Opinion is that you should just think about yours whether you have a Religion or not.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Because its a waste of time and money.

/done.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nevs666:5986404
    @nevs666 I'm not trying to get you to believe in God, I was just asking why Atheists don't even think once that someone, something, or some God created all of this.
    So your generalizing all atheists, typical. I have said it once and I'll say it again, the only thing atheists have in common is that we all don't believe in god(s). How the hell can you make the assumption that all, ALL atheists never ONCE thought about there being a god? This is ridiculous. Most if not all atheists have at one point thought about a divine creator, this I am almost sure. Have I thought about there being a god, yes. The thing that binds us together is that when we were thinking about god, we all came to the conclusion that it just doesn't add up. You can't deny this fact that some portions of the bible have been disproved, not with science even, but with common sense, pregnant virgins, talking snakes, zombies? Please, give me a break.

Then you atheists are brave people, to accept the fact that once your dead, everything turns black is a quite hard thing to do. I myself am muslim; and I personally think the buraaq(flying thunderhorse?) is bullshit. Same goes for Mohammed(sas) cutting the moon in half.

The true fact is, I do believe in a god, but I have my worries. If he is out there, then I will deffinately get punished for not believing him 100%, but I'll accept the punishment then. Sometimes I just wonder.. most muslims are the same, ignorant, not accepting any incoming comments and always taking the smallest threat serious. But once I ask my islamic teacher how the universe keeps running and was made by Allah(swt) he gives me a rediculous response saying Only Allah knows. That shit pisses me off like nothing else. Either he is retarded or the Qu'ran doesn't supply enough answers.

Whatever happens, I do believe in an afterlife, either it be being reborned or paradise. But I will never accept the fact that Mohammed drove a buraaq and cut the moon in half. That is just too much.

Dont get me wrong though, I am proud to be muslim and I do pray etc. everyday. I just have my doubts sometimes, ya know
    Last edited by Snake; 05-21-2012 at 09:33 AM.
    Need a custom image title? Check out my thread

You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimuri View Post

Then you atheists are brave people, to accept the fact that once your dead, everything turns black is a quite hard thing to do. I myself am muslim; and I personally think the buraaq(flying thunderhorse?) is bullshit. Same goes for Mohammed(sas) cutting the moon in half.

The true fact is, I do believe in a god, but I have my worries. If he is out there, then I will deffinately get punished for not believing him 100%, but I'll accept the punishment then. Sometimes I just wonder.. most muslims are the same, ignorant, not accepting any incoming comments and always taking the smallest threat serious. But once I ask my islamic teacher how the universe keeps running and was made by Allah(swt) he gives me a rediculous response saying Only Allah knows. That shit pisses me off like nothing else. Either he is retarded or the Qu'ran doesn't supply enough answers.

Whatever happens, I do believe in an afterlife, either it be being reborned or paradise. But I will never accept the fact that Mohammed drove a buraaq and cut the moon in half. That is just too much.

Dont get me wrong though, I am proud to be muslim and I do pray etc. everyday. I just have my doubts sometimes, ya know
    Yeah, I'm kind of like this too. I believe in a god, I just don't know what it is and I don't believe in religion either. (One of the stupidest things mankind has ever manufactured.)

Most people (not all, just a lot) who call themselves atheists are actually agnostic-theists. (Or agnostic-atheists.)
    Last edited by scotbud123; 05-21-2012 at 09:39 AM.

Thanks

If there is a god and you don't believe in him doesn't mean he's going to send him to hell, and if he does do then the hell is wrong with this god. I myself don't believe in god simply because science has proved so many things these days, and I mean there is evidence that the universe is expanding so the big bang theory could be true. Though if it is then who wrote the bible? They must have had a lot of time on their hands. And the funny thing is how do people know what Jesus looked like? If they don't, then isn't it just a sin a church will carry if it does have pictures of how Jesus looked like?
    Last edited by Domo; 05-21-2012 at 05:45 PM.
    [IMG]https://lh4.googleuserconten*****m/-2mhYwvrrFYs/TYWT-Bg-6PI/AAAAAAAAARM/khuTJxUqQu0/s320/tumblr_ku2f2t1Y9p1qaqo0wo1_400.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Domo:6059541

If there is a god and you don't believe in him doesn't mean he's going to send him to hell, and if he does do then the hell is wrong with this god. I myself don't believe in god simply because science has proved so many things these days, and I mean there is evidence that the universe is expanding so the big bang theory could be true. Though if it is then who wrote the bible? They must have had a lot of time on their hands. And the funny thing is how do people know what Jesus looked like? If they don't, then isn't it just a sin a church will carry if it does have pictures of how Jesus looked like?

Im not christian, and as far as I know, the bible has been edited.

As for the qu'ran: this whole book and sayings etc etc is made by one person who couldn't read. Thats quite impressive and has taken scientists' hearts for a long time now. Personally I do believe that Allah is out there, but the way the muslims act just make my lose my faith. I dont believe in the big bang theory and the dinosaurs, apes and stuff. Thats for sure.
    Need a custom image title? Check out my thread

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast