Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Every single one of those points was either biased or wrong. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean you have to go around everywhere bashing the show and putting in your opinion which frankly, no fan of the series gives a flying fuck about. If they like it they like it, you don't need to go around and stick your opinion into places it doesn't belong. This isn't the "which anime is good\bad" thread this is a thread about recommending anime's, and if someone likes it they are going to recommend it in the hopes that the person asking can enjoy it as well.

There's NO reason you should have to bash it. Especially when all of your points are wrong or biased, the only one you made that could be argued is about the animation, everything else was just YOU not liking the series. If others like it let them like it....fuck.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    :/ bro your arguing about "biased and wrong" when your solely going on your own opinion.

I'm not turning this into a debate because its not even worth debating. Naruto is bad, nuff said.
    -------------

You can like it, sure. Getting all butthurt over someone calling naruto shit is like me getting mad over someone hating on the ghostrider movie or twilight.

Sorry, its just the way anime is. Unless naruto improves, its still on the shit tier.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Empire For This Useful Post:

NeverHere (05-22-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

No one here regards themselves as "true anime fans" or whatever.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway this is because anime is like other media and from anyone's perspectives there are good anime and bad.

But what can be said(just like movies) is that there are just some bad series. This usually can be broken down into a few categories of why.

Animation quality.
    Voice Actors.
    Plot.
    Action.
    Style.

Now in your case, the anime is bad in every single one of those categories in just about every episode. Let me explain in the case of naruto.

Animation quality: Shit.

The quality of the animation per episode is shit. There is maybe 2-3 fights in bleach that are ok, but naruto is just awful.

Voice actors:

Horrible. Just......just so bad.

Plot:

Ok yeah, there is nothing there move on.

Action:

Lol no. Bleach sure, but naruto just can't pull off a fight. I mean a simple chapter fight in the manga will last 3 episodes. Incredibly long, boring, and horribly drawn makes these scenes simply bad.

Style:

Naruto started off a show about ninja's. Now thats pretty much hypocritical due to it being about a kid in a bright orange jumpsuit, but sure. Then it turned more into a show about magic. Seriously, i forget when summoning, giant energy attacks, unlimited energy, and mystical monsters equaled ninja's in any way. Not to mention the fact that kunai's are the melee weapon of choice, for god's sake how is Sasuke the only one with common sense?
    ----------------------------------

Anyway point is that if on all critical levels a show fails then its safe to say its bad.

Sorry for breaking your hopes and dreams but if you like a bad show, its cool. But don't get upset when someone calls it bad.
    You don't really give any valid reasons to why the show is bad. I personally don't give a fuck but if you're gonna reply you might as well give actual reasons to why its bad,besides saying something like shit for example.

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Evanatorthefirst View Post
    You don't really give any valid reasons to why the show is bad. I personally don't give a fuck but if you're gonna reply you might as well give actual reasons to why its bad,besides saying something like shit for example.
    ^This. You're arguments are mainly just "it's shit, just because, it is". That's not really an argument with any sort of validity. Your other arguments are, like I said earlier, problems YOU have with the show, not problems the show has.

If you wait a moment I'll go through you whole post to show what I mean.

---------- Post added at 04:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 AM ----------

No one here regards themselves as "true anime fans" or whatever.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway this is because anime is like other media and from anyone's perspectives there are good anime and bad.

But what can be said(just like movies) is that there are just some bad series. This usually can be broken down into a few categories of why.

Animation quality.
    Voice Actors.
    Plot.
    Action.
    Style.

Now in your case, the anime is bad in every single one of those categories in just about every episode. Let me explain in the case of naruto.

Animation quality: Shit.

The quality of the animation per episode is shit. There is maybe 2-3 fights in bleach that are ok, but naruto is just awful.

Voice actors:

Horrible. Just......just so bad.

Plot:

Ok yeah, there is nothing there move on.

Action:

Lol no. Bleach sure, but naruto just can't pull off a fight. I mean a simple chapter fight in the manga will last 3 episodes. Incredibly long, boring, and horribly drawn makes these scenes simply bad.

Style:

Naruto started off a show about ninja's. Now thats pretty much hypocritical due to it being about a kid in a bright orange jumpsuit, but sure. Then it turned more into a show about magic. Seriously, i forget when summoning, giant energy attacks, unlimited energy, and mystical monsters equaled ninja's in any way. Not to mention the fact that kunai's are the melee weapon of choice, for god's sake how is Sasuke the only one with common sense?
    ----------------------------------

Anyway point is that if on all critical levels a show fails then its safe to say its bad.

Sorry for breaking your hopes and dreams but if you like a bad show, its cool. But don't get upset when someone calls it bad.
    Animation: This doesn't really make or break a show, if you think it does and base the entire show on how it looks then you're a flat our moron who can't appreciate things for what they really are. Saying it's bad for it's animation is like saying "Akira" is terrible because it's animation is old. Personally I don't mind Naruto's animation and don't see many issues with it, but this doesn't prove anything about the show.

Voice actors: You're going to actually have to provide and argument here other than "it sucks because I say so". (If you're speaking about the dub, I agree, it's pretty gruesome, but the sub doesn't have anything wrong with it really.)

Plot: Again, no argument at all. If anything what you said about it is an ad hominem and that speaks for itself.

Action: It's a FUCKING Shonen, it's BASED around the action, you're out of your mind to think there's no action.

Style: This is the only semi-valid point you raised. Even so, it would be boring as fuck if all they did was stick to the confounds of "it's a show about ninjas they HAVE to act like real life ninjas and they're not permitted to do anything else". What would be the point of that? Might as well go make something live action out of that. It's an ANIMATED SHOW, it's MEANT to break the confounds of what we're used to. Sorry we tried to be original.

So yet again, either biased, stupid, or wrong\non-existent points.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Evanatorthefirst View Post
    Oh, was the sarcasm too soft?

It fails on every critical level.(reasons why it is bad).

1. Half of its episodes are filler and do not relate to any other plot.
    2. Bad voice acting.
    3. Bad animation.(even during fight scenes).
    4. Plot is boring and pretty bad honestly.
    5. If you look for plot holes you will find plenty.
    6. Has really nothing to do with ninja's.
    7. Main character is the symbol for ignorance.
    -----------------------------------------------

For a simpler point.

There is nothing funny, the action is boring, the plot is standard shonen "powerup" to fight a boss bullshit, no romance outside of sasuke/naruto even that isn't direct, and the show is just outright boring.

/ on that:
    I mean what is interesting anymore?

The characters? They are just flat and boring. None of the characters outside of Naruto/Sasuke have had any character developement and none of them play a major role in anything except for backstory.

The plot?
    Lol if you think this show has any intricate plot.........you need to read a book or something. Everything is seen from a mile away and any goddamn hurdle naruto faces is overcame with "optimism".(ignorance) Dear god does everyone BUT naruto have a bad childhood. Plot holes are extremely abundant to the point of the author just not bothering to explain them.(*cough* edo tensei and ressurection *cough*)
    -Filler btw is not needed. Its just there to make profit. There is something like 70+ episodes of filler in the first 200 episodes of the series and they are just......awful. New filler is usually for a movie or just pointless backstory on an insignificant character.

The action?
    Sorry to say but drawn out fights(3+ episodes) and entire episodes on backstory just kill any and all chance of saying this anime has great fight scenes. Not to mention the horrible VA and animation.

So for a shonen anime i just don't see why anyone would consider this "good." I guess its just the naivety of children.

---------- Post added at 04:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    ^This. You're arguments are mainly just "it's shit, just because, it is". That's not really an argument with any sort of validity. Your other arguments are, like I said earlier, problems YOU have with the show, not problems the show has.

If you wait a moment I'll go through you whole post to show what I mean.

---------- Post added at 04:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 AM ----------

Animation: This doesn't really make or break a show, if you think it does and base the entire show on how it looks then you're a flat our moron who can't appreciate things for what they really are. Saying it's bad for it's animation is like saying "Akira" is terrible because it's animation is old. Personally I don't mind Naruto's animation and don't see many issues with it, but this doesn't prove anything about the show.

Voice actors: You're going to actually have to provide and argument here other than "it sucks because I say so". (If you're speaking about the dub, I agree, it's pretty gruesome, but the sub doesn't have anything wrong with it really.)

Plot: Again, no argument at all. If anything what you said about it is an ad hominem and that speaks for itself.

Action: It's a FUCKING Shonen, it's BASED around the action, you're out of your mind to think there's no action.

Style: This is the only semi-valid point you raised. Even so, it would be boring as fuck if all they did was stick to the confounds of "it's a show about ninjas they HAVE to act like real life ninjas and they're not permitted to do anything else". What would be the point of that? Might as well go make something live action out of that. It's an ANIMATED SHOW, it's MEANT to break the confounds of what we're used to. Sorry we tried to be original.

So yet again, either biased, stupid, or wrong\non-existent points.
    Animation doesn't make or break a show, but the animation has ALWAYS been horrible. I mean dear god its 2012 and they haven't gotten basic shit down?
    -It looks like they drew in the colors with a "paint by numbers" design.

Voice actors: BELEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIVE IT.
    -/done.

Plot: Its something that when you grow up you realize how meant for kids this show was.(i.e. pokemans).

Action: And yet i get 90% of the time filled with gay ass backstory on people who just don't matter or just outright running scenes. Again action is hardly there even during the fight scenes because they need soooooooooooo much backstory on bullshit that doesn't matter...

Style: Bright orange jumpsuit wielding kunai for meleee.
    ----------------COPY PASTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA---------------------------------
    1. The character designs, particularly the headbands, are tacky.
    2. The outfits do not lend to ninja attire.
    3. Related to 2, the ninja term seems tacked onto what are actually wizards of sorts for popularity, one of many forms of fan pandering.
    4. Both versions have weak pacing
    5. (Anime exclusive) Voice actors are annoying, both languages
    5. (Manga exclusive) art is not up to par for a manga of it's style.
    6. (Anime exclusive) Fucking fillers
    7. Dialog sucks.
    8. Fails to present realistic female characters
    9. Villains are unconvincing
    10. Hero's motives are tried and overdone..
    Last edited by Empire; 05-20-2012 at 03:28 AM.

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    "1. Half of its episodes are filler and do not relate to any other plot.
    2. Bad voice acting.
    3. Bad animation.(even during fight scenes).
    4. Plot is boring and pretty bad honestly.
    5. If you look for plot holes you will find plenty.
    6. Has really nothing to do with ninja's.
    7. Main character is the symbol for ignorance."

1. That's to keep it from catching up to the manga and getting cancelled like Bleach, if you really don't like the fillers, don't watch them. They are there in replacement of off-seasons that the show would otherwise have to have.

2. It's in Japanese, you can't even understand what they're saying. And if you're talking about emotion or anything along that lines it has plenty (that's the way the Japanese are).

3. I already explained in my last post why this doesn't make or break a series.

4. Not really, I'll explain more later when you elaborate on it more.

5. Not that many.

6. I explained why this doesn't matter and is actually a good thing in my last post.

7. That's the fucking point of the character...

"There is nothing funny, the action is boring, the plot is standard shonen "powerup" to fight a boss bullshit, no romance outside of sasuke/naruto even that isn't direct, and the show is just outright boring. "

There's lots of funny, the action is far from boring. The plot is like that BECAUSE it's a Shonen, that's kind of the fucking point. Saying that is like getting mad because there's love in a romance film\novel. Speaking of romance, there's plenty outside of "Sasuke\Naruto" (that's a cheap ad hominem by the way). A shonen isn't SUPPOSED to have romance, with that aside Naruto has more than lots of others. And it being "outright boring" is just YOUR opinion.

"The characters? They are just flat and boring. None of the characters outside of Naruto/Sasuke have had any character developement and none of them play a major role in anything except for backstory."

This statement makes me start to wonder if you've even seen the show. I mean, Naruto is praised for having a shit ton of characters and developing on almost all of them. There's many hurdles that A LOT of characters have had to go through, especially during the timeskip.

"The plot?
    Lol if you think this show has any intricate plot.........you need to read a book or something. Everything is seen from a mile away and any goddamn hurdle naruto faces is overcame with "optimism".(ignorance) Dear god does everyone BUT naruto have a bad childhood. Plot holes are extremely abundant to the point of the author just not bothering to explain them.(*cough* edo tensei and ressurection *cough*)
    -Filler btw is not needed. Its just there to make profit. There is something like 70+ episodes of filler in the first 200 episodes of the series and they are just......awful. New filler is usually for a movie or just pointless backstory on an insignificant character."

I've probably read more books than you considering that's my favorite past-time, but let's move on. The optimism thing is kind of the fucking point of the character. Your next statement makes no sense, I guess you meant how everyone has a bad childhood (but the way you worded it makes it seem like Naruto had a good one). That's the way the author chooses to invoke emotion from the watcher\reader, just because you don't like it doesn't make it a bad method. He spent a whole fucking chapter and is about to spend a whole episode on explaining how the Edo Tensei works, and more "clues" and talk about this is scattered through out the series. Filler IS needed and is NOT there to make profit, like I said earlier it's to keep it from catching up to the manga and getting cancelled like Bleach. If they didn't have that they would just have off-seasons which are basically the same thing. And you contradict yourself here, you don't like how fillers elaborate more on "side characters" (as you put them) but then earlier you complained how there's no character development, pick a side dude.

"The action?
    Sorry to say but drawn out fights(3+ episodes) and entire episodes on backstory just kill any and all chance of saying this anime has great fight scenes. Not to mention the horrible VA and animation."

There's plenty of action, it's a fucking Shonen. They spend almost entire arcs on fights, if you don't see that I don't know what to tell you. And the animation doesn't make or break a series like I said a million times. I think the animation is fine, I watch it in full 1080i HD and I find it crisp and very nice. But even if you do think it's bad that doesn't make the series bad. You sound like someone who says Akira is bad because it's old and has out-dated animation.

"So for a shonen anime i just don't see why anyone would consider this "good." I guess its just the naivety of children."

There's many reasons, why should you be the one who dictates what people should and should not like, who died and made you the king of anime? And that last statement was just a pure ad hominem (which is ironic because people who resort to the use of ad hominems should grow up themselves.)

Please just stop, if you don't like the series don't watch it. But don't try to inflict your stupid point of view on others.
    Last edited by scotbud123; 05-20-2012 at 03:38 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Ugh i just don't care anymore.

If your fine with lower quality anime, fine. Keep it to yourself.

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Ugh i just don't care anymore.

If your fine with lower quality anime, fine. Keep it to yourself.
    You're the one that came into a thread about RECOMMENDATIONS and starting put your two sense in where it didn't belong. You should keep things to yourself. It's fine if you don't like the series but it's the OP's choice if they want to watch or disregard the recommendation, not yours.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    You're the one that came into a thread about RECOMMENDATIONS and starting put your two sense in where it didn't belong. You should keep things to yourself. It's fine if you don't like the series but it's the OP's choice if they want to watch or disregard the recommendation, not yours.
    -_-'

Hey, you post shit anime and i'll try and warn the OP that its shit.

Deal? Good. Going to bed.
    -----------
    BTW: Your entire response isn't to do with me. But since you are so defensive of such a bad series, its almost too easy.

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

-_-'

Hey, you post shit anime and i'll try and warn the OP that its shit.

Deal? Good. Going to bed.
    -----------
    BTW: Your entire response isn't to do with me. But since you are so defensive of such a bad series, its almost too easy.
    Actually, my first response was to do with you. You then personally started attacking Naruto with no real actual basis so I responded accordingly. Like I said, I don't give a fuck if you watch the series and am not trying to force it on you. But don't bash it for no reason just because YOU don't like it.

Thanks
    But... he gave the reasons...
    DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF
    AND FACE TO BLOODSHED

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigsaw View Post
    But... he gave the reasons...
    Well i guess if he disagrees with it, it does not exist.
    ------------
    Actually, my first response was to do with you. You then personally started attacking Naruto with no real actual basis so I responded accordingly. Like I said, I don't give a fuck if you watch the series and am not trying to force it on you. But don't bash it for no reason just because YOU don't like it.
    You recommend naruto and bleach.

In the current state of the anime industry, these are two of the lowest quality anime available that has released in the last year or currently. I'm not joking here, there is very few anime that come out that are below this level in any area.

Secondly, you recommend these in DUB. Which naruto is infamous for how bad the english dub is. Bleach is ok, but the show itself is pretty boring considering they still dubbed the filler.

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Well i guess if he disagrees with it, it does not exist.
    ------------

You recommend naruto and bleach.

In the current state of the anime industry, these are two of the lowest quality anime available that has released in the last year or currently. I'm not joking here, there is very few anime that come out that are below this level in any area.

Secondly, you recommend these in DUB. Which naruto is infamous for how bad the english dub is. Bleach is ok, but the show itself is pretty boring considering they still dubbed the filler.
    I never recommended Bleach first of all, I just said if someone likes it they have every right to. Second of all, I would NEVER recommend the Naruto dub, EVER. It's terrible, I agree with you on that. I was speaking about the manga and sub of Naruto. Not Bleach, and not the dub. And I also never said these anime's were the best out there, I know there's lots that are better. There's a shit ton that are better. I just don't think they're as bad as you're making them out to be. They're entertaining to watch, and in the end of the day that's what makes or breaks any piece of entertainment does it not?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    I never recommended Bleach first of all, I just said if someone likes it they have every right to. Second of all, I would NEVER recommend the Naruto dub, EVER. It's terrible, I agree with you on that. I was speaking about the manga and sub of Naruto. Not Bleach, and not the dub. And I also never said these anime's were the best out there, I know there's lots that are better. There's a shit ton that are better. I just don't think they're as bad as you're making them out to be. They're entertaining to watch, and in the end of the day that's what makes or breaks any piece of entertainment does it not?
    Let me put this in words you can understand:

Do not recommend naruto, bleach, or one piece

Simple as that. Everyone knows they exist, everyone knows what they are. If they don't they are incredibly lazy as they are on the front page of every anime site, have tons of ads, and generally are on the "top watched" or w/e.

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Let me put this in words you can understand:

Do not recommend naruto, bleach, or one piece

Simple as that. Everyone knows they exist, everyone knows what they are. If they don't they are incredibly lazy as they are on the front page of every anime site, have tons of ads, and generally are on the "top watched" or w/e.
    Seeing as a I didn't recommend it in the first place, that whole statement was kind of pointless. But alright.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast