Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored

Internal Hard Drive Issues

Hey, so for warning this may be a little bit of TL;DR i put them in separated to hopefully make it easier on the eyes and not to word wall you.

So i got this hard drive its just a cheap little Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 (1 tb) a cheap sturdy drive for really just carrying things.

So a couple of months ago I decided to upgrade my computer. Long story short, my processor ended up dying so i sent it back and got a new one under warranty.

After putting everything in and turning it on i realized that my hard drive was no longer recognized by the bios (interesting because i never touched the hard drive during my upgrade).

Now it no longer spins, there was no vibration or indication that it was a little more than a hunk of metal at this point. So after some trouble shooting (kinda hard seeing as i cant boot the computer right now). I sent it back to Seagate and got another hard drive back it also being under warranty.

Now the most aggravating yet interesting thing was this hard drive didn't work either, not after this i figured one of two things either it was my computer or Seagate is just really fucked up and sent me back a bad drive (they refurbish old drives they said they've repaired and send it back , cheap bastards)

So i got ANOTHER one from Seagate just because i can and guess what...it also didn't work..so now im sitting here banging my head in the wall wondering how in hell i could fix this thing when i realized there was a whole dam forum i could at least try to ask...at this point im sure its something to do with my computer...

Now im not sure what the error exactly is with the hard drive one of things I noticed was interesting was that my dvd burner works (hooking up a dvd burner and a hard drive is a pretty dam similar method, correct me if im wrong).

So I implore MPGH (hopefully @Alen or any other computer super genius to help diagnose my error).

My specs are:

fx-4100 AMD processor (don't laugh I accidentally fell into the hype about it)
    Hyper 212+ cooler
    M5a97 mobo
    A radeon 6850
    A OCZ 750W PSU (some gaming gear thing, fully modular)
    a dead 1 tb Seagate Barracuda hard drive (at least to my extent)
    some random Asus dvd burner
    2 sticks of 4gb ripjaws g.skill ram

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Before I go on to say anything, I just want to say that I've had two Barracuda drives so far. Both died within a few months. I don't really know what could be wrong with your PC to not make the HDD work. I'm assuming your PSU should work just fine and I sincerely doubt your HDD controller is fucked up. I would honestly just get a new HDD