Thread: What war?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
    Americans aren't stupid, they are becoming extremely under educated. There is a difference.
    Hmm, this is true. I guess I should have written that instead of "dumb".

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    Which* is basically fixed.

Oh, so when someone generalizes America it's wrong, but it's OK to generalize Europe and say all their test scores are fixed? I have family in Europe and I can promise you it's not "fixed". The tests there are just as difficult if not MORE difficult than they are here. American students just do worse at it.
    When did I ever generalize Europe? The scores ARE bullshit, we test everyone and they test only their best and people like you go "herp Europe is better look at the test scores derp". I could honestly care less about your family in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengali View Post
    Steel is not a metal. Classic example of a dumb american. Butthurt? Does that even need an explanation?
    Still mad? Are you going to try and start a debate, or are you just going to bitch about America?
    Last edited by nevs666; 07-10-2012 at 01:44 PM.
    "If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."

-Benjamin Franklin
    ^One of our (our as in American no offence to non Americans) Founding Fathers and one of my personal heroes.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post

Americans aren't stupid, they are becoming extremely under educated. There is a difference.
    I just had a talk today with a chick who was gloating about passing Algebra Essentials in her senior year of High School. I was like "bitch I was in advanced Calculus how the hell can you seriously be gloating? Most other nations teach you Algebra by the time your TEN". It's quite sad really.

Quote Originally Posted by nevs666 View Post
    Still mad? Are you going to try and start a debate, or are you just going to bitch about America?
    Don't even bother responding to him, that child doesn't know a damn lick of knowledge.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    :/ So America has the markets, entertainment, and military. Not to mention inventions but that can be done anywhere.

I don't see how people say americans are dumb when the entire world follows america.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Testscores really do mean jack though. There is more to intelligence to scoring 100% on a test, much more when it comes to business and innovation.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    :/ So America has the markets, entertainment, and military. Not to mention inventions but that can be done anywhere.

I don't see how people say americans are dumb when the entire world follows america.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Testscores really do mean jack though. There is more to intelligence to scoring 100% on a test, much more when it comes to business and innovation.
    Many of those business's were setup before we started seeing such a drastic decline in the nations commoner though Not many people from this nation become huge and successful anymore, it's more along the lines of those who have money can buy their way through to a good school and get a better education. I blame the public school systems though, when I was in highschool our HTML books were from 92', our history textbooks from 89', and the health education books were from 76'. Shit's too outdated, yet here the they go getting a technological grant in the sum of 80,000 dollars and the money isn't allowed to be spent on updated textbooks? It's bullshit.

Now that rant is over... it's not that Americans are stupid or dumb, it's that the average person in this country doesn't really care about their education anymore. Graduation rates for HS are lower than normal, and many people don't even know the difference between "acute" and "obtuse" angles. The only people that make it big are those who work non-stop on being successful, and those who buy their way in, and the first one doesn't always profit.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lehsyrus For This Useful Post:

scotbud123 (07-10-2012)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nevs666 View Post
    Truth hurts?

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Don't even bother responding to him, that child doesn't know a damn lick of knowledge.
    Speak of knowledge when you know the difference between your and you're.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Bengali View Post
    Truth hurts?

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

What truth? I said we made steel better, but called it a metal, when it's an alloy. Big fucking whoop, as if you correcting me would change that fact that America has been leading the world in innovation and technology.
    "If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."

-Benjamin Franklin
    ^One of our (our as in American no offence to non Americans) Founding Fathers and one of my personal heroes.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Doing good on tests requires determination and the capacity to recieve and store information. It also determines on how bad you want to do well and your drive to succeed. If you don't have those qualities, you won't be that well in business/innovation, etc.
    You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon'.
    -- Chris Rock

10. The Following User Says Thank You to vaporak10 For This Useful Post:

scotbud123 (07-11-2012)

You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by vaporak10 View Post
    Doing good on tests requires determination and the capacity to recieve and store information. It also determines on how bad you want to do well and your drive to succeed. If you don't have those qualities, you won't be that well in business/innovation, etc.
    Thank you, that fact seemed to surpass him.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12