Thanks

Computer Safety [Read This]

As you know there are lots of people/choobs who likes to post viruses and keylogger and some of us may download it. so here is a little guide I found that might help if you do download one and what to do..

================================================== ==
    Warning Signs of a Fake Hack:

Join date-
    If the person joined the day of the post or within recent days, that is a red flag for you; be cautious

Post Count-
    If the person only has like 1 post, that is too suspicious. [I'm not accusing all low posters of posting viruses but I'm just saying, you should be careful] Also remember, if a person with low post count says it works, don't believe him yet. Until you see a positive response from a senior member or staffs and the person got lot of thanks, and also has provided a virus scan, then download.

.bin/.cmd files-
    When downloading .bin files, always...
    RIGHT CLICK > EDIT >>>> And see what the command is. If it says "del" (short for delete) or just plain looks suspicious, WATCH OUT! IT IS A FAKE!
    Delete it immediately and report it to a moderator or administrator.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    VIRUS FAQ:
    Welcome to Viruses; Frequently Asked Questions

Question One: Can you scan a file without downloading it?
    Answer: Of course not! That's why you should download it in RAR or ZIP form. Why is answered in Question 2.

Question Two: When you download a RAR or ZIP file, can you get a virus?
    Answer: When you download it, you do not get the virus unless you extract it or open the program.

Question Three: How do I know if there is a virus in it or not?
    Answer: What I would do is I would save it to the desktop and scan it with one of the virus scan websites below.

Question Four: Which viruses are so called "Safe"?
    Answer: Upload an injector into a virus scan website and see which ones come up. Those are called "False Positives" which are nothing to worry about because all an Injector does is inject files into the selected process.

Free Virus Scan Websites: Note: These are file scanners, not anti-virus programs.
    VirusTotal - Free Online Virus and Malware Scan
    Online Virus Scan
    Online malware scan

NOTE: WHEN FILES ARE PASSWORD ENCRYPTED, MANY VIRUSES CANNOT BE DETECTED!
    ================================
    How to find out if your file is a fake? [Manual]

[Referring to 3rd Party Programs Like a Auto Login Program] Okay, download the file, rename to ____.txt, then just open it and read it. If it looks like it will take your password delete it and everyone goes home happy.
    What is a False Positive?

A false positive occurs when a virus scanner erroneously detects a 'virus' in a non-infected file. False positives result when the signature used to detect a particular virus is not unique to the virus - i.e. the same signature appears in legitimate, non-infected software.

Credits for this guide: koolkid0000

Hope this helps for some of you guys.

Thanks
    WOW I DIDNT EVEN READ JUST READ THE TITLE YOU TYPE TO MUCH LOL;REP

pembroke pines florida (the wanna be gheto...)
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    dam...... good job lol
    KIRBY!!!!!!!!!!!! ,<(^^)> <(^^<) (>^^)> GO KIRBY!!!! YAY

CLICK THE THANKS BUTTON IF YOU LOVE KIRBY!!!!!

[img]https://************.com/sig/005/smash987.jpg[/img]

[IMG]https://i394.photobucke*****m/albums/pp30/sw337k1ll/SmashesPinkHaloSigLOL.png[/IMG]

props 2 Sw337k1ll for the sigs YAY!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by _-NO-NAME-_ View Post
    WOW I DIDNT EVEN READ JUST READ THE TITLE YOU TYPE TO MUCH LOL;REP
    and you dont?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by an087535 View Post
    Question One: Can you scan a file without downloading it?
    Answer: Of course not! That's why you should download it in RAR or ZIP form. Why is answered in Question 2.

Question Two: When you download a RAR or ZIP file, can you get a virus?
    Answer: When you download it, you do not get the virus unless you extract it or open the program.
    You can only get a virus via executing the executable, unless you already have a virus, then it may force it to execute.
    Question Four: Which viruses are so called "Safe"?
    Answer: Upload an injector into a virus scan website and see which ones come up. Those are called "False Positives" which are nothing to worry about because all an Injector does is inject files into the selected process.
    Actually, and injector that isn't under the users control is quite dangerous, if the virus was an exe, and the virus's supporter was a dll(virus supporter being the dll assuring you don't close the actual virus) and it injected the supporter in all the processes it would be a hell of a mess.

How to find out if your file is a fake? [Manual]

[Referring to 3rd Party Programs Like a Auto Login Program] Okay, download the file, rename to ____.txt, then just open it and read it. If it looks like it will take your password delete it and everyone goes home happy.

No, you can't read executables as text files.
    What is a False Positive?
    A false positive occurs when a virus scanner erroneously detects a 'virus' in a non-infected file. False positives result when the signature used to detect a particular virus is not unique to the virus - i.e. the same signature appears in legitimate, non-infected software.
    A false positive can also be caused when your AV detected the target it is scanning uses APIs that can be used for malicious purposes, like accessing other memory pages. These commonly used APIs are WriteProcessMemory, and ReadProcessMemory, little know what they actually do though. Signatures are generally used to identify already-known viruses, but are becoming more useless as viruses themself become dynamic as they spread.

As an addition, if you see those screen-saver adds, don't download any of that shit, as far as windows knows. Screen-saver files are exactly like executable files, just a different extention.
    Last edited by radnomguywfq3; 03-05-2009 at 07:46 AM.

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

Thanks
    your fucking stupid
    there is a much better thread on this
    stickied.
    MindTek Exists As A Harm Reduction Nigga And Does Not Condemn Or Condone.

Rap & Hip Hop section.