Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

Dual monitor display

So its 5:13am and I'm so tired of trying to set up my dual monitor display.. I have tried for like 3 days with no luck. I'm finally turning to the pros at MPGH to see if anybody can help me

Warning: This thread is not to promote any of the items on here. It is so I can get help with my setup. Just want to make that clear.

Problem:

So I have the 2 monitors which can be read below in the information. My main monitor works just fine (of course..) and I wanted to apply a second one to it (which can also be seen below). So I have them both setup and hooked up to my computer.

The main problem is that the 2nd monitor is NOT getting a signal from the computer. It goes straight into a sleep mode upon turning the monitor on.
    My cursor can travel between both screens but it can not be seen on the second one. I can just see it leave my monitor. It seems like it travels all the way through the other monitor by the time it takes to get back.

the information

Computer:
    Note: the computer I bought was discontinued but this is an extremely close one by the same company

CompUS*****m | |

Graphics card:

BFG NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 1GB Graphics Card BFGRGTS2501024DE 450 550 ti 9800 on eBay!

Monitor 1: main monitor - DVI

Newegg.com - ASUS VS248H-P Black 24" 2ms HDMI LED Backlight Widescreen LCD Monitor 250 cd/m2 ASCR 50,000,000:1

Monitor 2: The black screen - VGA

Newegg.com - LG W3000H-Bn Black 30" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor w/ HDCP Support 370 cd/m2 3000:1 w/ 4 USB ports

The second monitor works fine on its own.

So i have my Nvidia control panel set up

My display settings for second monitor

Any help would be great and if anymore information is needed please post below and I will get it up here ASAP. Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails
    f07718bdcfd941c38bf0af5.png  

Blizzard, why you no gimmi?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Wait your using a adapter the the second screen right?
    You cant do that on the second DVI door you need to use the adapter on the first and switch the screen so your main becomes your secondary screen and your secondary your main.
    @zsniprx
    Last edited by Occidi de Pax; 07-06-2012 at 05:36 AM.
    Music historian here to please and displease,learning to teach all you peeps,so stop by the music part of the forum,and ask the question to your needs.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimateon View Post
    Wait your using a adapter the the second screen right?
    You cant do that on the second DVI door you need to use the adapter on the first and switch the screen so your main becomes your secondary screen and your secondary your main.
    @zsniprx
    your saying I can't use the VGA port for my second screen? I need an adapter to put the second screen to the second DVI?
    My computer has both 2 VGA ports and 2 DVI ports.
    I read on google you could use 1 vga and 1 dvi for the dual monitors.
    Last edited by zsniprx; 07-06-2012 at 05:46 AM.

Blizzard, why you no gimmi?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by zsniprx View Post
    your saying I can't use the VGA port for my second screen? I need an adapter to put the second screen to the second DVI?
    My computer has both 2 VGA ports and 2 DVI ports.
    I read on google you could use 1 vga and 1 dvi for the dual monitors.
    What i ment was that the card you showed me had only 2 dvi ports.
    And that if you were using a adapter for the second screen it wouldn't work.
    Music historian here to please and displease,learning to teach all you peeps,so stop by the music part of the forum,and ask the question to your needs.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Is your display set to the right input? Sometimes displays don't auto-detect their input, so your second screen might be looking for a DVI port signal instead of a VGA one. As long as your GPU detects both screens I doubt you used the DVI/VGA ports improperly. However I also doubt your GPU has 4 ports, afaik Nvidia always stuck 3 ports (sometimes 2 shared or something) on those cards.