Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Thats what he meant moron. Believe it or not some people care about society. Letting everyone run free isn't always the best idea.

Now being gay is ok, but some people think not. So you often have people doing this "it will worsen society".
    -----------

You going for overpopulation off of that is normal for you tho, I mean you try to defend stuff that is relating but not actually on topic all the damn time.
    Well, sorry for not expecting him to be THAT stupid, I didn't think his whole argument was "gays are wrong". I don't see how "caring about society" means you should hate gays, lolwut? How is letting them be gay wrong for society? You're not making any sense...(not that you usually do, I should expect this from you.)

Quote Originally Posted by vaporak10 View Post
    I got nothing against gays but overpopulation may not be a problem.
    Overpopulation Isn't The Problem: It's Too Few Babies - Forbes
    That's just one of the commonly used arguments that homophobes use.

Homophobia is stupid in general so you can't really expect much credence to their arguments, and I never actually read into it and was just responding to that. But that first guy I was responding to apparently wasn't talking about over-population, according to Empire (not the guy who actually said it, lol) it's about gay people being wrong for some reason, which is even more stupid.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    That's just one of the commonly used arguments that homophobes use.
    Homophobia is stupid in general so you can't really expect much credence to their arguments, and I never actually read into it and was just responding to that. But that first guy I was responding to apparently wasn't talking about over-population, according to Empire (not the guy who actually said it, lol) it's about gay people being wrong for some reason, which is even more stupid.
    Aah... but this presents a valid concern. Homosexuality or not, there is a chance of our population declining. But OT, some people do say homosexuality will decrease our population and whether that is right or not, I have no idea :/
    You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon'.
    -- Chris Rock

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    All those people who are against homosexuals and inbred losers, who the fuck do they think they are thinking they can control love?
    They need to shut their fucking mouths because they are probably closet homo's in the first place, they need to get the fuck over it and learn love comes in different forms, I'm sick of people thinking they can control other people because they are deemed "lesser" this is just ignorance at its best.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian View Post
    All those people who are against homosexuals and inbred losers, who the fuck do they think they are thinking they can control love?
    They need to shut their fucking mouths because they are probably closet homo's in the first place, they need to get the fuck over it and learn love comes in different forms, I'm sick of people thinking they can control other people because they are deemed "lesser" this is just ignorance at its best.
    Yeah! How dare they have a different opinion then your own!
    "If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."

-Benjamin Franklin
    ^One of our (our as in American no offence to non Americans) Founding Fathers and one of my personal heroes.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    DUDE: WHO GIVES A FLYING ENFLAMED ******S FUCK IF TWO GAY PEOPLE MARRY?

There are WAAAY bigger problems in this world and we have to argue about this bullshit?

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to radnomguywfq3 For This Useful Post:

scotbud123 (07-15-2012)

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by nevs666 View Post
    Yeah! How dare they have a different opinion then your own!
    An opinion is fine, but when action is taken towards two people that just want to be together while being legally married (for cases when one is in the hospital and a spouse needs to make a choice, stuff like that and etc.) then there's a HUGE fucking problem. Honestly what Canadian wrote is right, NO ONE should have an issue if two people just want to be together.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    An opinion is fine, but when action is taken towards two people that just want to be together while being legally married (for cases when one is in the hospital and a spouse needs to make a choice, stuff like that and etc.) then there's a HUGE fucking problem. Honestly what Canadian wrote is right, NO ONE should have an issue if two people just want to be together.
    So what your saying is that a 60 year old man can be married to a 7 year old girl as long as they want to be together?
    "If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."

-Benjamin Franklin
    ^One of our (our as in American no offence to non Americans) Founding Fathers and one of my personal heroes.

Thanks
    girls and girls, not guys and guys :3

Thanks
    So what your saying is that a 60 year old man can be married to a 7 year old girl as long as they want to be together?
    He did say "legally" so that's sort of irrelevant

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Two adults* there, since your only retort was to take that to the extreme on a stupid technicality.

Because, it totally shouldn't be common sense that I meant that considering this is a thread about gay marriage not under-aged marriages/relationships.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    :/ Problem here is that they can already be together.

If a normal couple had one of them go the hospital it would be the same thing. Unless you are listed under contacts or such that it should remain that way.
    -In other words it should already be done beforehand.(which wouldn't be hard to do) or changed that way.
    ------------------------------

Marriage and hospital treatment are two totally different things. What needs to be done is change the hospital rules there and not marriage.
    -----------------------------------------

Though i agree on gays being allowed to marry, you can't actually say thats the deciding factor at the hospital because its not.

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    :/ Problem here is that they can already be together.

If a normal couple had one of them go the hospital it would be the same thing. Unless you are listed under contacts or such that it should remain that way.
    -In other words it should already be done beforehand.(which wouldn't be hard to do) or changed that way.
    ------------------------------

Marriage and hospital treatment are two totally different things. What needs to be done is change the hospital rules there and not marriage.
    -----------------------------------------

Though i agree on gays being allowed to marry, you can't actually say thats the deciding factor at the hospital because its not.
    Yeah, you're right. I guess that was kind of a bad example. :S

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Two adults* there, since your only retort was to take that to the extreme on a stupid technicality.

Because, it totally shouldn't be common sense that I meant that considering this is a thread about gay marriage not under-aged marriages/relationships.
    All I was trying to do was understand what your stance was on this, you said two people that wanted to be together. All I did was bring up a valid point. I have already made it clear that I don't really care if two gay people get married. However, I can't help but notice that a few people who are defending the idea are doing it with such mal content and outright hate towards anyone else with a different opinion. Calling them homophobes and homosexual in the same statement is just stupid. I don't even understand why a gay couple would WANT to get "married", seeing as marriage is a religious ceremony, and most religions I know of say that gays flat out deserve to die. Why don't they invent a whole new ceremony for themselves? Only gay couples could be allowed. This way the religious folk are happy because it's not "marriage". The gay folk are happy because they got "married", and now everyone is happy. I'm sure there would be complications with this along the way, but hey a man can dream.

-Benjamin Franklin

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    All I was trying to do was understand what your stance was on this, you said two people that wanted to be together. All I did was bring up a valid point. I have already made it clear that I don't really care if two gay people get married. However, I can't help but notice that a few people who are defending the idea are doing it with such mal content and outright hate towards anyone else with a different opinion. Calling them homophobes and homosexual in the same statement is just stupid. I don't even understand why a gay couple would WANT to get "married", seeing as marriage is a religious ceremony, and most religions I know of say that gays flat out deserve to die. Why don't they invent a whole new ceremony for themselves? Only gay couples could be allowed. This way the religious folk are happy because it's not "marriage". The gay folk are happy because they got "married", and now everyone is happy. I'm sure there would be complications with this along the way, but hey a man can dream.
    Blame the glorious laws your nice, awesome, government has in place. It's mainly legal reasons that gay people want to get married.

Thanks
    They don't create a new ceremony because the ridiculous amount of effort that would be needed for it to be considered a "legally binding commitment". Basically, the government needs to stop getting involved with marriage on general. Being committed to a loved one shouldn't affect taxes and whatnot, but it does because the damn gov't thinks it can stick its nose in every aspect of life.

It's easier to change an existing rule than to make a new one in this day and age.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast