Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

computer budget - less than 2k

Hi everyone, i need some reccomendations on what gaming pc i should get under 2k, all help is appreciated. Thank you.
    Last edited by strydezz; 06-24-2012 at 06:43 AM. Reason: nil

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    I would go with a Z77 build and a mid-range CPU, some ordinary ram, a Crucial m4 for the OS and a Caviar Green or two (if you want raid1) for storage/backup. As far as gfx cards go it depends on your needs, but you could as well go for the best on the market right now, or even a dual card setup. Really depends on what kind of games you want to play and what kind of power drain / heating you want to experience.

tl;dr what do you intend to play, how important is it to have the most powerful stuff as opposed to less energy hungry and heat producing stuff?

Thanks
    I am not what you meant by those, can u link me to the ebay page or write out the full namw of the pc paets? I am a newbie in hardwares

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by strydezz View Post
    I am not what you meant by those, can u link me to the ebay page or write out the full namw of the pc paets? I am a newbie in hardwares
    I'd love to put something together, but until you tell me what exactly you expect from the PC, I dunno what to do. A budget of up to 2k allows for a lot of options, everything from a rig that will drain 2kW of energy and require a 3x3x120 rad in a powerful LC loop to just cool the gfx cards to a low-power, virtually silent mid-range gaming PC that offers great "normal" performance at the cost of lower "gaming" performance.

Thanks
    i wanna be able to play most new games or current games on highest graphics, with no lags or any bullshit. Please note that my 2k includes a screen and shipping fees.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    And where do you live? It would be awesome to know whether to look at US prices, EU prices or whatever other shops/stores you link

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Alen, sheesh - go easy on him
    Start with the basics...

What do you mean by the 'new' games?
    Do you want to play every single game possible?
    Do you mind if the computer gives you a big energy bill?
    Do you mind saving money?
    Give us some basic idea on the build..
    Quote Originally Posted by Irie View Post

It's funny how everyone comes to MPGH with their problems

Fuck her and get it over with..
    Press that 'Thanks' button below this if I helped you in my post

Thanks
    I dont really wish to have a computer that consumes a HUGE amount of electricity, i would prefer a computer that cosumes a reasonable amount of electricity. I do not know how much would that be as i am not the one paying the bills. I would like my computer to play games at medium-high graphics. Games such as sc2,mw3,bo2 etc etc.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    dude i run mw3 on a 2007 pc with dual core and geforce 7300 gt lol... I can give you some tips you can try doing a research by your own too :]
    GFX- 256bit + card [BITS NOT 256 MB] usually 256 bit cards are with 1 gb video ram, cpu, look up the cache and I do not recomend intel. Ram should be like 1800Mhz+, HDD 7200RPM+ :]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by haxormmeber View Post
    dude i run mw3 on a 2007 pc with dual core and geforce 7300 gt lol... I can give you some tips you can try doing a research by your own too :]
    GFX- 256bit + card [BITS NOT 256 MB] usually 256 bit cards are with 1 gb video ram, cpu, look up the cache and I do not recomend intel. Ram should be like 1800Mhz+, HDD 7200RPM+ :]
    Don't listen to anything this guy said If you don't have any Asian shops you will buy stuff from, where do you intend to get the parts? I really doubt you'll find a decent selection of computer hardware in a physical store

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by haxormmeber View Post
    Don't listen to anything this guy said If you don't have any Asian shops you will buy stuff from, where do you intend to get the parts? I really doubt you'll find a decent selection of computer hardware in a physical store

Thanks
    I can try ebay, just need some reccomended parts

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    Maybe something like this.

But I don't know about South Korean mains voltage so I don't think it's a good idea for you to get a power supply off eBay unless the seller is from your country.

Thanks
    i dont live in south korea, is it possible to get an i7 with it? Or a good amd, i would also like to include SSD, 8gb ram,1tb and a cheap optical drive in my computer. I think it is kinda overpriced, looking for 1600~ as i need to include a screen and shipping fees. My country's voltage is about 230v
    Last edited by strydezz; 06-27-2012 at 05:11 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    Quote Originally Posted by strydezz View Post
    i dont live in south korea, is it possible to get an i7 with it? Or a good amd, i would also like to include SSD, 8gb ram,1tb and a cheap optical drive in my computer. I think it is kinda overpriced, looking for 1600~ as i need to include a screen and shipping fees. My country's voltage is about 230v
    In your flag it says South Korea.
    Where do you live then?
    You didn't say you needed a monitor so I made a more expensive but better build.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast