Thread: 1 Word -Karma-

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy

1 Word -Karma-

"What Comes Around,Goes Around"

Is it Physically true?Or Is it To Just Improve Behavior?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    I personally believe in Karma.

Whether it's true or not, if you believe in it, you may do the right thing more often.

Thanks
    No. It's complete and utter bullshit. Steve Jobs did absolutely nothing for us, gained credit for his employees work, became rich, never gave a dime to any charities whatsoever, and received a massive memorial when he died. Dennis Ritchie, the man who created the entire backbone behind all Apple products, the man that created the backbone behind every computer system in the world TODAY, the man that fucking created UNIX, died without any words of recognition whatsoever. All Jobs did was take Dennis Ritchie's work and profit it from it in a greedy, pompous way. And guess what? He died happy and rich. Dennis did not.

That is an example of how Karma is bullshit. What does around does NOT always come around. Hell, in America Bad Karma = better quality of life considering you have to be a complete and utter sleeze to get anywhere around here. Look at politicians, they make more money than someone who actually does run the country, the working man, and does everything in their power to keep him there and them where they are, and they succeed. Even with bad publicity their QoL is still better than that of any average working class citizen, and will remain that way. Where is Karma? No where. It doesn't exist.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lehsyrus For This Useful Post:

Amkay (07-10-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    As Lehsyrus demonstrated, Karma is not a define force capable of influencing the physical world. However, the concept of "Do good and thou shall receive good." is in fact logical and thus partially true. A person that does good is more likely of receiving good and the opposite goes for someone who does bad.

Never the less, that's only a basic idea that would work in certain situations. In reality it usually are the smartest people, who are not afraid to be evil to get what they want, who achieve the most success.

“In all debates, let truth be thy aim, not victory, or an unjust interest.”
    ― William Penn

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by C4Vendetta. View Post
    As Lehsyrus demonstrated, Karma is not a define force capable of influencing the physical world. However, the concept of "Do good and thou shall receive good." is in fact logical and thus partially true. A person that does good is more likely of receiving good and the opposite goes for someone who does bad.
    Logical doesn't pertain to something being the truth. It is "logical" for an employer to treat his employees correctly to maximize profits, but in America, industrial compromising just relocates the industry in a third world country, where the employees are treated like shit. Meanwhile, said company is maximizing its profits with no risk of loss. Please stop using big words and post more examples/sources at least here in the debate section.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post

Logical doesn't pertain to something being the truth. It is "logical" for an employer to treat his employees correctly to maximize profits, but in America, industrial compromising just relocates the industry in a third world country, where the employees are treated like shit. Meanwhile, said company is maximizing its profits with no risk of loss. Please stop using big words and post more examples/sources at least here in the debate section.
    I'm sorry if the use of my complete vocabulary confuses you, but I only use words I completely understand and I do so to keep improving my English. What I said is that logically you have a higher chance of receiving good when you do good. That is really all I wanted to clarify. Karma is based off the assumption that in a perfect world doing good will allow you to receive good. But like I said, this isn't true since we do not live in a perfect world and karma is not a define and sentient force.

― William Penn

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by C4Vendetta. View Post
    I'm sorry if the use of my complete vocabulary confuses you, but I only use words I completely understand and I do so to keep improving my English. What I said is that logically you have a higher chance of receiving good when you do good. That is really all I wanted to clarify. Karma is based off the assumption that in a perfect world doing good will allow you to receive good. But like I said, this isn't true since we do not live in a perfect world and karma is not a define and sentient force.
    But remember, logistics are not statistics in any case. Nothing that makes sense in this world can technically be true, considering we are breaking new boundaries with physics every day. We've already proven there to be a particle that eats and self-replicates itself pertaining to every piece of matter it touches, which completely breaks said laws of physics. That being said, Karma is just a word and nothing more. Yes, you would think that doing good will bring good, but in reality it is just a standpoint to keep the poor from murdering the rich. Karma's true meaning behind it doesn't mean you will get back good things even in this life, but in reincarnation as well. It's exactly like Christianities heaven vs hell, and Islams 72 virgins bullshit. It's all religious propaganda and time and time again has been proven wrong just by observing American society.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Again, you don't have to convince me the actual religious concept of Karma is not true. I've agreed with you from the beginning.

― William Penn

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Islams 72 virgins bullshit
    This is completely off-topic and I apologize... but you know there is no such thing as 72 virgins in Islam?
    You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon'.
    -- Chris Rock

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Karma is a funny thing. Unlike rewards, karma can not always be viewed by the other guy.

What lehs is talking about is karma for inventions. Which isn't karma in the sense that he thinks he's talking about. Inventing such and doing the work doesn't mean you get the profits.

Thats not how karma works. Karma is good and bad. Its more heavily on the "justice" side of things than the "business". If you invented an item, its what? Good? Bad? Its really neither. Invention and rewards for such are not involved in the karma world, and definitely not in the money/rewards for work either. Karma is merely action and reaction.

Karma is also personal, its not always "he was loved by everyone and made tons of money" thing. It can be something as little as not getting rained on, to something like "your life was saved".
    -------------------------------

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    IMO it comes down to your belief system
    I think it's true

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vaporak10 View Post
    This is completely off-topic and I apologize... but you know there is no such thing as 72 virgins in Islam?
    In the Sunan Ibn Majah it states in hasan that every man who enters paradise will receive an internal erection, and will wed 72 wives, all with "libidinous" sex organs.

In the Sunan al-Tirmidhi, it states that the smallest reward for for the people in paradise is 72 houri.

In the Sunan al-Kubra and Musnad Ahmad ibn Hanbal, it states that the man in Paradise will wed 70 wives and they will be given the sexual strength of a hundred.

---------- Post added at 08:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Karma is a funny thing. Unlike rewards, karma can not always be viewed by the other guy.

What lehs is talking about is karma for inventions. Which isn't karma in the sense that he thinks he's talking about. Inventing such and doing the work doesn't mean you get the profits.

Thats not how karma works. Karma is good and bad. Its more heavily on the "justice" side of things than the "business". If you invented an item, its what? Good? Bad? Its really neither. Invention and rewards for such are not involved in the karma world, and definitely not in the money/rewards for work either. Karma is merely action and reaction.

Karma is also personal, its not always "he was loved by everyone and made tons of money" thing. It can be something as little as not getting rained on, to something like "your life was saved".
    -------------------------------
    The only examples I could really use were from a business model. I mean, everyone around my town knows me to be extremely helpful if need be, but I always get shit in return. I hold the door open for people, I'll help people get things off the top shelf, I always help out my elderly neighbors when it comes to cutting the lawn and whatnot, and I don't expect anything back; I always get shit on by most of the people and the cops around me though. I never get anything nice done for me, and I really don't mind it, but it proves to me Karma is bullshit.

That and I knew a really sweet kid who got fucked over every day of his life by his abusive parents. This kid was the nicest kid you would ever meet and do anything for anyone, but he never had a good day in his life, finally he just killed himself. Karma wasn't there for him either.

I could keep ranting and whatnot, but I still stand my ground. Karma is bullshit.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Every time i think of karma i remember the fundamentals of atoms.
    Negative particles are Attracted to Positive particles.
    This being good actions attract bad actions and bad actions attract good ones.
    Music historian here to please and displease,learning to teach all you peeps,so stop by the music part of the forum,and ask the question to your needs.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Occidi de Pax For This Useful Post:

Lehsyrus (07-04-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    Quote Originally Posted by CRaziY View Post
    "What Comes Around,Goes Around"

Is it Physically true?Or Is it To Just Improve Behavior?
    I've been the biggest asshole to almost everyone i know i have as little as maybe 5 friends, im 16. at 16 thats a very small number wouldnt you think? personally i dont believe in it, nothing but good has come to me all my life.
    But if it really is real, im going to end up dead Lol. -_-

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    i think its not true and completely with @Lehsyrus who convinced me when he talked about politicians but we can't forget that's its not wrong to believe in it cz it may lead the world to a better place : it attracts human to the positive side and its already a good move.