Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post

Not really, Counter-Strike was never a run n' gun (except on GG servers), and neither was BF 2142. Those games had awesome gameplay because the developers actually put thought into how to keep the community together and make the game fun at the same time, with franchise series like MW3 and BF3 the developers think, "how can we take the same game, make it slightly different, and still make a shit ton of cash?". Games now-a-days are terrible compared to the amount of content in older games.
    Don't talk shit dude, you don't know how mutch work they put in the Call of Duty's. It's not only for the money at all

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatHunter View Post
    Don't talk shit dude, you don't know how mutch work they put in the Call of Duty's. It's not only for the money at all
    There has been a call of duty game released every year since 2005. (6 years, 6 games to anyone else, including the release coming this year). Yes, the game is for money. They havnt listened to the fans once since CoD4's release. Its nothing more than a cash cow now, re releasing the same game with some changes from the last. Its still relatively fun, but by no means a genuine experience anymore.

OT: I dont either. Quit about a month after release. With BF3 being so disappointing too, I just went back to better games and havnt bothered with any new game thats came out unless it actually looks really interesting. The gameplay mechanics are mostly bad, (guns, perks, KS etc) but what got me was the matchmaking again. That is such bullshit, people were infuriated about it in MW2, and they gave no fucks about it and threw it back in. Hacks everywhere, lag, and bad mechanics means I wont touch it anymore. Playing FDZ for the past couple days, and its alright, but for a real FPS experience, Ill stick with CoD4 and earlier, and Quake.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartview View Post
    There has been a call of duty game released every year since 2005. (6 years, 6 games to anyone else, including the release coming this year). Yes, the game is for money. They havnt listened to the fans once since CoD4's release. Its nothing more than a cash cow now, re releasing the same game with some changes from the last. Its still relatively fun, but by no means a genuine experience anymore.

OT: I dont either. Quit about a month after release. With BF3 being so disappointing too, I just went back to better games and havnt bothered with any new game thats came out unless it actually looks really interesting. The gameplay mechanics are mostly bad, (guns, perks, KS etc) but what got me was the matchmaking again. That is such bullshit, people were infuriated about it in MW2, and they gave no fucks about it and threw it back in. Hacks everywhere, lag, and bad mechanics means I wont touch it anymore. Playing FDZ for the past couple days, and its alright, but for a real FPS experience, Ill stick with CoD4 and earlier, and Quake.
    The same game with changes? I don't see anything old from MW2 in MW3, do you? BF3 disappointing? Serious...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    I only play MW3 to troll little kids who take the game way to seriously

Thanks
    better play on pc, xbox is shit

Thanks
    Then why haven't they changed the game's engine and just tweak the existing one over and over? Back in the day, that would be unheard of, considering these franchises gloat about having the "best fps ever". I've stated my facts and thoughts, before you respond you should do the same rather than just voicing off an opinion. "It's not all about the money" bullshit. Of course it is or else they wouldn't release maps for 20-25 bucks every few months. New maps aren't worth 20-25 bucks, that's why I like BF3's premium, I paid 45 bucks and I'll be getting every new DLC which will save me another 40 bucks, but even THEN it's all a marketing strategy. And MW3 IS exactly like MW2, it just has a few tweaks here, and a few tweaks there, but it's the same game over and over. You run around, kill people, maybe drop a claymore or two, call in your killstreaks, and repeat. There's nothing different about the game whatsoever, meanwhile if you take a gander at the Forums you'll see thousands of fantastic suggestions that would spruce up the game a HELL load of a lot, that are just being closed before anyone really reads them. Why? Because it won't make the conglomerates money.

Haven't you noticed how every game is basically the same in the FPS genre now? They all have that fast run n' gun feel? Even the f2p FPS's coming out like Arctic Combat are giving their FPS's this feel. It's all the same shit.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead

Then why haven't they changed the game's engine and just tweak the existing one over and over? Back in the day, that would be unheard of, considering these franchises gloat about having the "best fps ever". I've stated my facts and thoughts, before you respond you should do the same rather than just voicing off an opinion. "It's not all about the money" bullshit. Of course it is or else they wouldn't release maps for 20-25 bucks every few months. New maps aren't worth 20-25 bucks, that's why I like BF3's premium, I paid 45 bucks and I'll be getting every new DLC which will save me another 40 bucks, but even THEN it's all a marketing strategy. And MW3 IS exactly like MW2, it just has a few tweaks here, and a few tweaks there, but it's the same game over and over. You run around, kill people, maybe drop a claymore or two, call in your killstreaks, and repeat. There's nothing different about the game whatsoever, meanwhile if you take a gander at the Forums you'll see thousands of fantastic suggestions that would spruce up the game a HELL load of a lot, that are just being closed before anyone really reads them. Why? Because it won't make the conglomerates money.

Haven't you noticed how every game is basically the same in the FPS genre now? They all have that fast run n' gun feel? Even the f2p FPS's coming out like Arctic Combat are giving their FPS's this feel. It's all the same shit.
    Is a game only about the Engine? What the hell...

Thanks
    Is a game only about the Engine? What the hell...
    There was more to my post than only the Engine. Either way, the game is the same, and that does not make it a good game. When a game is planned out, designed to the specifics of the community in mind over monetary gain, then it is a good game. These franchises are "somewhat" there, but they still put monetary gain over the communities feedback. If it isn't benefiting them with a couple million here and there, it's "not good for the community", is basically the mentality they hold and prove. 20 bucks for a couple maps and a few guns? That's a rip off, but people still pay for it. Meanwhile, if you look back in the past with other gaming titles such as hl, hl2, hl:dm, the original cs series, quake, etc, they are all considered the most revolutionary break-throughs for FPS's of all times, why? Because they presented something NEW in each series, something that hadn't been done before, every game had something to bring to the table that hasn't been seen before, whereas these franchises give you the same, old, boring, shit, every single time. It's always the same, there's never anything new other than a new "killstreak" or "vehicle" or "upgrade", but there's nothing significantly noticeable between the differences of each game. They're all the same exact idea, with a couple of twists.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead

There was more to my post than only the Engine. Either way, the game is the same, and that does not make it a good game. When a game is planned out, designed to the specifics of the community in mind over monetary gain, then it is a good game. These franchises are "somewhat" there, but they still put monetary gain over the communities feedback. If it isn't benefiting them with a couple million here and there, it's "not good for the community", is basically the mentality they hold and prove. 20 bucks for a couple maps and a few guns? That's a rip off, but people still pay for it. Meanwhile, if you look back in the past with other gaming titles such as hl, hl2, hl:dm, the original cs series, quake, etc, they are all considered the most revolutionary break-throughs for FPS's of all times, why? Because they presented something NEW in each series, something that hadn't been done before, every game had something to bring to the table that hasn't been seen before, whereas these franchises give you the same, old, boring, shit, every single time. It's always the same, there's never anything new other than a new "killstreak" or "vehicle" or "upgrade", but there's nothing significantly noticeable between the differences of each game. They're all the same exact idea, with a couple of twists.
    What else should they do? Create a whole new game without perks and killstreaks and stuff? Well, they can't change much about their game cause they're gonna get even more haters on the game

Thanks
    Arguing with someone who obviously doesnt know what they are talking about is pointless. I wouldnt bother with replying much more. If someone cant recognize how streamlined and monotonous CoD has become then there really isnt any point in trying to convince them. Time will do that for them. Ive been playing FPS games since before 2000 and have played many many in between. CoD is still fun and all, but to claim its anything special or anything other than a cash cow is just ludicrous.

But to be fair, the engine has gone through many upgrades since its earlier ~ 2002 build of the quake engine. (They used an unnamed build of it, its not known which specific build they used, but it was based off of the 1999 version from Q3A). Its hit its limits as of recently, but as an avid quake player, I can assure you that the engine used in CoD, even CoD1, are much different. Its a very good engine and should not be insulted. High compatibility, low spec requirements, smooth movement, and very modular. There is no real debating that the quake engine, and IW's IWX engine are very useful. They may lack the graphics capabilities of more recent engines like Unreal or Crytek's engines, but they make up for it in not being lunky and unoptimized. (though UE4 is looking very good so far, nothing against it)

Making money is not a problem. Its actually a good thing. Its when developers stop listening to their community and just start spitting out shit for nothing more than money, knowing that the hordes of average joes (like meathunter here) will jump on it like candy from a pinata. I happily give Valve money for their games, because they also listen to their community, and put what the gamers want ahead of just putting things out there, and that helps them even more. I dont have a problem with developers making money. They are people with jobs who need to support themselves. Its just when they start letting that money go to their head when it becomes a problem.

And to be fair, MW3 offered more over MW2, without looking like it just threw shit in for the hell of it. It has its good points, but the problem is, its simply not worth dealing with all the other shit in the game (matchmaking, for example) to have fun with any of the only slightly better features. Its an ok game, bogged down by so much useless and pain in the ass stuff that its not worth batting an eye at.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heartview For This Useful Post:

Nachos (07-05-2012),skeletonmage (07-06-2012)

Thanks
    How do you guys level up so fast, I am still a pretisgee 6

I play with my irl friends that why I still play

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartview View Post
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Very, very true.

Thanks
    i can only play this still because of hacks, thats the only thing that makes multiplayer bearable considering that iw doesnt do anything on pc really. i wish i had black ops again. i originally had it on the wii, and that version worked better than mw3

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    I only play MW3 because i have fun like if i die i laugh with my friends in my house i never raged in mw3 and i like it.
    "Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding."
    Albert Einstein

16. The Following User Says Thank You to DavidSulina For This Useful Post:

Pa te (03-18-2015)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12