Teenage Pregnancy?

Teenage Pregnancy.

Your Views?

What should be done.

/discuss.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Tell them to wear Condoms (Trojan Is Recommended xD) before sex....
    Really....I'm thinking that Most People Around 16(Preferably Hookers And Whores)Watch MTV To Much and Stumble Upon 16 and Pregnant..
    By Then,They'll probably find out If they get pregnant and somehow Get on the show.Mtv Would Pay for hella stuff...

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    Quote Originally Posted by CRaziY View Post
    Tell them to wear Condoms (Trojan Is Recommended xD) before sex....
    Really....I'm thinking that Most People Around 16(Preferably Hookers And Whores)Watch MTV To Much and Stumble Upon 16 and Pregnant..
    By Then,They'll probably find out If they get pregnant and somehow Get on the show.Mtv Would Pay for hella stuff...
    Well said.
    Id go for the more creative, inhuman approach

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Get rid of those annoying ass shows like 16 & Pregnant. No one wants to hear you cry of how your hick boyfriend banged a fat chick while you were pregnant god damn...
    You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon'.
    -- Chris Rock

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    In contrary to popular opinion, I do not feel a certain disgust for or disapprove of teen pregnancies. It amazes me that in the last so many years this has become such a huge issue, and especially within the young society. Teenage girls who become pregnant are put on some sort of podium and yelled at and judged by people who have no business with them. It's disgusting.

Biologically speaking a teenage pregnancy is perfectly normal. And until very recently it was also needed for the survival of our species. It was nothing but common for teenage girls to become pregnant with teenage boys. Even in the not so distant history teenage pregnancies are perfectly fine. Only in the last few hundred years (arguably even only last century) has this changed completely. As our life expectancy increased exponentially and women gained more and more equal rights teen pregnancies became something to be looked down upon (ironically).

I'm not arguing that teen pregnancies are still essential for our survival nor am I arguing that it's the best choice for a teen girl. What I am arguing is that it's ludicrous to ask someone what they judge a pregnant teen girl to be. Our bodies are made for teen pregnancies and the urges are strong, it's only natural they will continue to exist as long as our bodies allow them to. Any educated member of society should realize that while teen pregnancies are something teenagers should be educated about and discouraged of, we shouldn't treat and think of them the same as STDs (which we are starting to do more and more).

“In all debates, let truth be thy aim, not victory, or an unjust interest.”
    ― William Penn

6. The Following User Says Thank You to C4Vendetta. For This Useful Post:

scotbud123 (07-08-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by C4Vendetta. View Post
    In contrary to popular opinion, I do not feel a certain disgust for or disapprove of teen pregnancies. It amazes me that in the last so many years this has become such a huge issue, and especially within the young society. Teenage girls who become pregnant are put on some sort of podium and yelled at and judged by people who have no business with them. It's disgusting.

Biologically speaking a teenage pregnancy is perfectly normal. And until very recently it was also needed for the survival of our species. It was nothing but common for teenage girls to become pregnant with teenage boys. Even in the not so distant history teenage pregnancies are perfectly fine. Only in the last few hundred years (arguably even only last century) has this changed completely. As our life expectancy increased exponentially and women gained more and more equal rights teen pregnancies became something to be looked down upon (ironically).

I'm not arguing that teen pregnancies are still essential for our survival nor am I arguing that it's the best choice for a teen girl. What I am arguing is that it's ludicrous to ask someone what they judge a pregnant teen girl to be. Our bodies are made for teen pregnancies and the urges are strong, it's only natural they will continue to exist as long as our bodies allow them to. Any educated member of society should realize that while teen pregnancies are something teenagers should be educated about and discouraged of, we shouldn't treat and think of them the same as STDs (which we are starting to do more and more).
    True, we shouldn't treat them as STDs but they should feel that they did something wrong. While 500 years ago it might have been okay to bear children at that age, priorities are different now. Teenagers should be going to school in order to have a successful future and not take care of a baby (which is a major distraction). Things basically work different now
    You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon'.
    -- Chris Rock

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    I think that if you are going to have sex be safe with it. But if you do managed to get knocked up thats a bad thing and I don't care what people say but I would go for the abortion.
    Resource Team: Feb/5/2012 - May/5/2012
    Middleman: April/25/2012 - September/16/12

You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Nothing should "be done". If teenagers want to have sex, they can have sex. If they want to do it safely, they do it safely. If they don't, they don't. If they get pregnant and want to raise the kid, then they do, if not, then they don't. If they want to abort or put it up for adoption, they can.

It's all a matter of choice. We don't need to "do" anything except not get involved in other people's business.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    Nothing should "be done". If teenagers want to have sex, they can have sex. If they want to do it safely, they do it safely. If they don't, they don't. If they get pregnant and want to raise the kid, then they do, if not, then they don't. If they want to abort or put it up for adoption, they can.

It's all a matter of choice. We don't need to "do" anything except not get involved in other people's business.
    Teenage pregnancies have severe affects (Teenage Pregnancy - 7 Traumatic Effects Of Teenage Pregnancy!). With your logic, we might as well let people smoke drugs cause its their choice. Giving people a choice is fine but in a matter like this, you can't just be like "Go do the fuck you wanna do".
    -- Chris Rock

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by vaporak10 View Post
    Teenage pregnancies have severe affects (Teenage Pregnancy - 7 Traumatic Effects Of Teenage Pregnancy!). With your logic, we might as well let people smoke drugs cause its their choice. Giving people a choice is fine but in a matter like this, you can't just be like "Go do the fuck you wanna do".
    Actually, I can. People can do WHATEVER the fuck they want as long as it doesn't affect someone who doesn't want to be involved against their will. That's how I see it at least. If you're not harming anybody or doing something involving someone else against their will, you can do whatever you want. Smoke, get pregnant, drink, I don't give a shit. As long as it doesn't affect me or anybody who doesn't want to be affected by it, then fine.

We can ADVISE people against these things that harm them, but in the end it's their choice to make.

P.S: Why did you start using the same font and color as me? xD

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Actually, I can. People can do WHATEVER the fuck they want as long as it doesn't affect someone who doesn't want to be involved against their will. That's how I see it at least. If you're not harming anybody or doing something involving someone else against their will, you can do whatever you want. Smoke, get pregnant, drink, I don't give a shit. As long as it doesn't affect me or anybody who doesn't want to be affected by it, then fine.

We can ADVISE people against these things that harm them, but in the end it's their choice to make.

P.S: Why did you start using the same font and color as me? xD
    D: I swear to God that I had that font/color first... whatever, I'll change mine

What I mean is if it affects society as a whole in a negative way, then it should be advised to not be done. We don't let people do drugs because people affect society in a negative way when they do drugs. But I am not saying we arrest teenage moms or such, I am saying that if society frowns upon this and discourages it, we won't have so many teenage moms who wreck their lives and then become a burden on society.
    -- Chris Rock

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by vaporak10 View Post
    D: I swear to God that I had that font/color first... whatever, I'll change mine

What I mean is if it affects society as a whole in a negative way, then it should be advised to not be done. We don't let people do drugs because people affect society in a negative way when they do drugs. But I am not saying we arrest teenage moms or such, I am saying that if society frowns upon this and discourages it, we won't have so many teenage moms who wreck their lives and then become a burden on society.
    Well, you don't have the worry about that. Even if I don't give a shit about teenage moms most of society will still frown on it. :P I still think they can do as they wish, we should inform them that it will be bad on them if they do have a kid that young, but if we do tell them that and they decide to have one anyways, then I still think that's their choice to make.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Well, you don't have the worry about that. Even if I don't give a shit about teenage moms most of society will still frown on it. :P I still think they can do as they wish, we should inform them that it will be bad on them if they do have a kid that young, but if we do tell them that and they decide to have one anyways, then I still think that's their choice to make.
    Yeah, I'm not advocating we do forced abortions or anything, just that this should be frowned upon. After that baby pops out, its their choice on what to do.
    -- Chris Rock

Thanks
    The problem with teenage pregnancies in most cases is that the teenager can not raise a child the same way they used to be able to in the same situation twenty years ago. Back then, minimum wage still bought you a decent living quarters, along with food and child care supplies, however in modern times it's almost a necessity to have a degree to support a child without help. These teenages having children either leech off of their parents, or they end up getting federal aid, which is money stolen from us who actually work and are responsible just to be fed to these children who choose not to use a damn condom with spermicide.

I believe if a teenager becomes pregnant, it should be mandatory for them to get a job, the majority are just leeches to society. If a teenager becomes pregnant and continues to support themsleves, their child, and keep a healthy household, then I have no qualms with it. I've dated 17 year olds who had children when I was the same age, and they actually took care of their children while working full time and attending night classes to get a degree and/or high school diploma. That's how it should be.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lehsyrus For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Doc (07-09-2012),scotbud123 (07-09-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    Personally i reckon, that the effects should be implemented into teenagers mind, so before they even think about having sex, these images of what can happen, what could be the effects if it does, what sort of an impact it could have are clearly stated to them, through Television ads, banners and media in general.
    Because teenagers well live of media and technology these days.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast