Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Commander X View Post

Internet. Get used to it.
    During a debate, swearing usually indicates that ones jimmies are rustled. Regardless of being on the internet. Your jimmies are surely rustled.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian View Post
    I agreed that your universities right NOW are above everyone Else's,
    to add onto that, only reason why they're so coveted is because of decades of high standards. doesn't say anything about the quality of education.
    Last edited by Austin; 08-05-2012 at 02:37 AM.

VIP Support // May 2011
    CF Minion // January 2012
    Newsforce // August 2012
    Minion+ // March 2013
    Moderator // August 2014
    Former Staff // January 2015
    General Minion // July 2015
    Publicist // December 2015

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Austin For This Useful Post:

scotbud123 (08-05-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post

You didn't do shit. Plus the immunization was made in the 50's, not 2012.
    Did I claim I did anything? No. I know it was made back then. Why do you think it has basically been eradicated in every advanced country?
    "If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."

-Benjamin Franklin
    ^One of our (our as in American no offence to non Americans) Founding Fathers and one of my personal heroes.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by nevs666 View Post
    He didn't call you a syrup sucking Canadian. I did. As for bragging rights. Huge advances in medicine, fighting dictatorship around the world, saving Europe, landing on the moon, countless other things. Hey, at least Canada has Justin Bieber right?
    Thanks, I love seeing Canadians dominate the Music Industry.

Congratulations, you landed on a moon of nothing, are you going to brag about landing on a planet with red sand next?
    Oh and those "huge advances" in medicine, Canada has huge contributions towards those also.
    Your welcome for curing Diabetes.

---------- Post added at 03:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    So this thread is about america not being #1. Since there is no definitive #1 there is no point to the thread.

Canadian is just another kid going off of stereotypes, there. That's his every single argument right there. No point in responding because thats all he's going on.
    --------

America is a great country. Nuff said.
    I'm stereotypical?
    So the trillions in debt, The shitty government, the constant wars, the americans believing any potential presidents word, electing Bush twice.

Those are all stereotypes right.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Did I claim I did anything? No.
    Yeah, your welcome for curing polio bro.
    Well, yeah actually.

VIP Support // May 2011
    Newsforce // August 2012
    Minion+ // March 2013
    Moderator // August 2014

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Austin For This Useful Post:

scotbud123 (08-05-2012)

Thanks

During a debate, swearing usually indicates that ones jimmies are rustled. Regardless of being on the internet. Your jimmies are surely rustled.

Swearing doesn't mean anything, it's a use of words and a choice. Please come back with a legitimate study on the use of swearing during a debate and how that relates to one's mood then you can say your share.
    For now stop trying to pick on the other side and going off topic.
    [IMG]https://i1213.photobucke*****m/albums/cc463/masks1/my_loving_flame_by_mj_magic-d5gkrqk.jpg[/IMG]

"Christian Bible, the Gospel of Mark, chapter five, verse nine. We acknowledge this as an appropriate metaphor. We are Legion, a terminal of the Geth. We will integrate into Normandy."
    -Legion

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

Swearing doesn't mean anything, it's a use of words and a choice. Please come back with a legitimate study on the use of swearing during a debate and how that relates to one's mood then you can say your share.
    Swearing does mean something, swearing is a sign of frustration and anger. Swearing during a debate means you have nothing else to contribute so you're trying to hurt somebody's feelings. You're trying to sound so high and mighty when in reality you don't know anything.

VIP Support // May 2011
    Newsforce // August 2012
    Minion+ // March 2013
    Moderator // August 2014

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Austin For This Useful Post:

scotbud123 (08-05-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

Last time I checked in our debate a while ago you called me out for swearing in a debate.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

Actually, I'm pretty sure Americans didn't give single fucks about Polio until Bill Gates came around and basically put a shit ton of money towards it, I agreed that your universities right NOW are above everyone Else's, but like a typical American you disregard what I said before that :/.
    You can't really take all of the fame from curing Polio when the entire world who bought Bill Gates products making him rich, thus making him put money towards curing Polio.
    Are you confusing Bill Gates for Jonas Salk or something? So in short again you agree with me in the end, but come up with more bullshit right? I could argue with you all night about student debts and such, but it's late so I am going to stop replying for the night. We'll continue this tomorrow.

---------- Post added at 02:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 AM ----------

Well, yeah actually.
    I was speaking as the embodiment of America, because that is where the debate was headed. The classic "my country is better then your country" argument.
    "If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."

-Benjamin Franklin
    ^One of our (our as in American no offence to non Americans) Founding Fathers and one of my personal heroes.

Thanks

Swearing does mean something, swearing is a sign of frustration and anger. Swearing during a debate means you have nothing else to contribute so you're trying to hurt somebody's feelings. You're trying to sound so high and mighty when in reality you don't know anything.

Proof? Sources? For now you are spewing nonsense. Also you don't have anything to contribute to a debate so you're just trying to pick on me, it's just pointless.

---------- Post added at 04:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 AM ----------

Last time I checked in our debate a while ago you called me out for swearing in a debate.
    Do you want a medal or something? Pointless.
    [IMG]https://i1213.photobucke*****m/albums/cc463/masks1/my_loving_flame_by_mj_magic-d5gkrqk.jpg[/IMG]

"Christian Bible, the Gospel of Mark, chapter five, verse nine. We acknowledge this as an appropriate metaphor. We are Legion, a terminal of the Geth. We will integrate into Normandy."
    -Legion

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

Proof? Sources? For now you are spewing nonsense. Also you don't have anything to contribute to a debate so you're just trying to pick on me, it's just pointless.

Ahahaha, you're a funny little feller. Go look up the definitions for Profanity and vulgarity.

VIP Support // May 2011
    Newsforce // August 2012
    Minion+ // March 2013
    Moderator // August 2014

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Austin For This Useful Post:

scotbud123 (08-05-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad

Lol I can pay for my university because I'm not a dumbshit like you for going to summer school and since I'm getting such a good education from going to a university that will actually teach me something I can get a good paying job, it's all about your own decisions people around the world want to get into our universities what about yours?
    A lot of people go to summer school to get ahead or improve grades. It doesn't make them dumb or any less educated.

Is America the greatest country in the world? No, but it isn't anywhere near the worst. It has a lot of problems it shouldn't for a first-world country:

*Incredible debt
    *Weight problem
    *Health-care privatized (whilst implementing a poor solution, i.e ObamaCare, to try and regulate it [probably won't work...])
    *Responsible for starting some very expensive wars...
    *Poor gun control (a problem that now, would be too late to fix.)
    *Some corruption... BlackWater, funding FSA, let alone the skepticism behind 9/11. Accused Russia for funding Assad regiem, saying it was wrong because a "Full investigation in to the 'rebellion' wasn't complete." Then goes ahead and funds FSA before a UN investigation was completed.
    *No one seems to be protesting the above corruption...
    *Obama did a great job dividing his voters in to "Those who vote for Obama because he is black", "Those who vote for Obama because he supports gay marridge" while having all his voters ignore his actual political agenda. This is actually more of a problem with American society (lots of racists and gay haters in the south.)

Is Canada perfect either? No...
    *Loose funds for aboriginals (laws that desciminate for their benifit, i.e reverse racisim)
    *Controversy over oil line (probably won't be implemented due to environmental risks)
    *Corruption in aboriginal tribes (loss of many government funds via poorly spent funds.)
    *Some arguably harmful immigration (i.e, we let 20 year olds immigrate in to Canada with their 75 year old Grama to die, thus abusing the Canadian health-care system.)
    *Some inappropriate behavior in the RCMP
    *Over-funding of Quebec, i.e Quebec takes an unbalanced ration of federal resources.
    *Because of the structure of our health-care system, we are stuck with the fine that follows a disrespecting Canadian Citizen who wants to inject needles. Because these needles spread HIV\AIDS other diseases with incredibly expensive treatment, we are forced to either:
    A) Pay the fine for their Healthcare
    B) Pay the fine of giving them free needles.
    Turns out B is cheaper, so thats the path we take.
    *Government cutting funding for high school education (not by much, but still...)

Otherwise, Canada is fairly healthy in regards to multi-culturalism, education and international relations. Canada has the advantage of looking 10 years into the future. The USA evolves much quicker and Canada usually isn't too far behind.

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to radnomguywfq3 For This Useful Post:

Canadian (08-05-2012),Commander X (08-05-2012),scotbud123 (08-05-2012)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetamay View Post
    A lot of people go to summer school to get ahead or improve grades. It doesn't make them dumb or any less educated.

Is America the greatest country in the world? No, but it isn't anywhere near the worst. It has a lot of problems it shouldn't for a first-world country:

*Incredible debt
    *Weight problem
    *Health-care privatized (whilst implementing a poor solution, i.e ObamaCare, to try and regulate it [probably won't work...])
    *Responsible for starting some very expensive wars...
    *Poor gun control (a problem that now, would be too late to fix.)
    *Some corruption... BlackWater, funding FSA, let alone the skepticism behind 9/11. Accused Russia for funding Assad regiem, saying it was wrong because a "Full investigation in to the 'rebellion' wasn't complete." Then goes ahead and funds FSA before a UN investigation was completed.
    *No one seems to be protesting the above corruption...
    *Obama did a great job dividing his voters in to "Those who vote for Obama because he is black", "Those who vote for Obama because he supports gay marridge" while having all his voters ignore his actual political agenda. This is actually more of a problem with American society (lots of racists and gay haters in the south.)

Is Canada perfect either? No...
    *Loose funds for aboriginals (laws that desciminate for their benifit, i.e reverse racisim)
    *Controversy over oil line (probably won't be implemented due to environmental risks)
    *Corruption in aboriginal tribes (loss of many government funds via poorly spent funds.)
    *Some arguably harmful immigration (i.e, we let 20 year olds immigrate in to Canada with their 75 year old Grama to die, thus abusing the Canadian health-care system.)
    *Some inappropriate behavior in the RCMP
    *Over-funding of Quebec, i.e Quebec takes an unbalanced ration of federal resources.
    *Because of the structure of our health-care system, we are stuck with the fine that follows a disrespecting Canadian Citizen who wants to inject needles. Because these needles spread HIV\AIDS other diseases with incredibly expensive treatment, we are forced to either:
    A) Pay the fine for their Healthcare
    B) Pay the fine of giving them free needles.
    Turns out B is cheaper, so thats the path we take.
    *Government cutting funding for high school education (not by much, but still...)

Otherwise, Canada is fairly healthy in regards to multi-culturalism, education and international relations. Canada has the advantage of looking 10 years into the future. The USA evolves much quicker and Canada usually isn't too far behind.

I know it doesn't actually mean anything but it's good to strike someone right in their weakest position.

---------- Post added at 05:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 AM ----------

Ahahaha, you're a funny little feller. Go look up the definitions for Profanity and vulgarity.

You are too little feller.
    Profanity | Define Profanity at Dictionary.com
    Vulgarity | Define Vulgarity at Dictionary.com

-Legion

You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Not contributing to the debate? kbai.
    That's because we've already been over this a million and one times before, it's the same old song and dance. Not going to repeat myself for you.

You're living in a dream world where America is the best country, while I'm in reality.
    Last edited by scotbud123; 08-05-2012 at 03:13 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    You are too little feller.
    Profanity | Define Profanity at Dictionary.com
    Vulgarity | Define Vulgarity at Dictionary.com
    Yeah, look at those definitions. Swearing is vulgarity and profanity.

VIP Support // May 2011
    Newsforce // August 2012
    Minion+ // March 2013
    Moderator // August 2014

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Austin For This Useful Post:

scotbud123 (08-05-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Are you confusing Bill Gates for Jonas Salk or something? So in short again you agree with me in the end, but come up with more bullshit right? I could argue with you all night about student debts and such, but it's late so I am going to stop replying for the night. We'll continue this tomorrow.

---------- Post added at 02:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 AM ----------

I was speaking as the embodiment of America, because that is where the debate was headed. The classic "my country is better then your country" argument.
    It is really late, but I thought Bill gates was the person who cured Polio.
    I was, but I meant to say that Jonas might have cured Polio, but Bill gates Eliminated 99% of it.

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast