Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Commander X View Post
    The British banking system had almost nothing to do with the cause of America's independence. A huge debt had been created in Britain due to the Seven Year's War and debt kept growing because they had to protect the settlers from Native attacks so they garrisoned soldiers along the frontier. Britain need a way to offset this debt so George Grenville decided to impose a series of taxes on the colonists one of them being the Stamp Act of 1765.
    I was talking about the currency act of 1764, another big reason behind the revolutionary war. It wasn't the only one, but it was one. That's the point I was making, how the founding fathers fought for that, yet in 1913 the American people basically said "fuck that" when they allowed the federal reserve act to go into place.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post

I'm proud of what they achieved, but I'm not too proud at the moment. Our government just keeps making consistent decisions that piss off the rest of the world, I'm sort of getting sick of being hated by many other countries If the bureaucrats left it to the statesmen, I'd be the happiest Patriot in this country, but these lawyers don't know how to run a country, so they end up pissing me off
    Personally i think our priorities should be to stop genocide and go back to isolationism and see how that plays out.
    -Of course continue our charity projects as well.

But the problem is that its not JUST the us with their hands in everything. Its china, its russia, its everyone. Right now if the US went back to isolationism it would be basically giving the world to china and russia.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Commander X View Post

The British banking system had almost nothing to do with the cause of America's independence. A huge debt had been created in Britain due to the Seven Year's War and debt kept growing because they had to protect the settlers from Native attacks so they garrisoned soldiers along the frontier. Britain need a way to offset this debt so George Grenville decided to impose a series of taxes on the colonists one of them being the Stamp Act of 1765.
    He hasn't read up on his history for it yet. Just let him do that first then respond.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ********************* Ok everyone**************************

Lets take step back.

Who here agrees with scot?

So the only debate that is happening person to person is between scot and everyone else. Unfortunately scot is 15 and is stubborn in his youth. I'd doubt you'd change his mind even if you provided him with the holy grail of debates.

In short: why bother arguing with an uneducated kid? Please debate this from now on, i want to see what your thoughts are on that..
    Last edited by Empire; 07-22-2012 at 09:51 PM.

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    He hasn't read up on his history for it yet. Just let him do that first then respond.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ********************* Ok everyone**************************

Lets take step back.

Who here agrees with scot?

So the only debate that is happening person to person is between scot and everyone else. Unfortunately scot is 15 and is stubborn in his youth. I'd doubt you'd change his mind even if you provided him with the holy grail of debates.

In short: why bother arguing with a uneducated kid? Please debate this from now on, i want to see that.
    Bro, on a scale of 1 to mad you are on fucking fire. At this point, your level of butthurt is unable to be calculated. If you want to "ignore" me (we both know you haven't) then at least stop talking about me? K? K.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    That last statement was just ageist, but anyways. No, I'm not a two-face. Overall I hate America and I am ashamed to be an American. They've done great things, but the shit hole the government has become overshadows that by a fuck ton.

I don't see how accepting someone else's point of view makes me "the biggest two-face cunt". I was accepting what you were saying in the sense that America has done great things, would you rather me just ignore that and not acknowledge it at all?

Oh, and I know none of you like the government, but you defend the country that the government is running. If you try to defend your country as if it has no flaws (which you have been, don't try to lie to yourself) then you're, by extension, supporting the government. You can say you hate them all you want but actions speak much loader than words.
    So when exactly did anyone here claim America had no flaws? Oh yeah, nobody said that.

Shit, I'm done with you. We have gone over a lot of topics from education, to the computer, to ww2 and you have lost every one and yet you still persist. You lose one and then just jump onto another topic and somehow tie the government into it. I think Empire got it right by just ignoring you, shit your worst then visiblegamer.

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

In short: why bother arguing with an uneducated kid? Please debate this from now on, i want to see what your thoughts are on that..
    Well the only reason I can see in debating a stupid person would be in hopes to open his ignorant, hateful mide. However if that said person is stubborn as fuck (as it has been in this case) there is no point.
    "If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."

-Benjamin Franklin
    ^One of our (our as in American no offence to non Americans) Founding Fathers and one of my personal heroes.

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by nevs666 View Post
    So when exactly did anyone here claim America had no flaws? Oh yeah, nobody said that.

Shit, I'm done with you. We have gone over a lot of topics from education, to the computer, to ww2 and you have lost every one and yet you still persist. You lose one and then just jump onto another topic and somehow tie the government into it. I think Empire got it right by just ignoring you, shit your worst then visiblegamer.

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

Well the only reason I can see in debating a stupid person would be in hopes to open his ignorant, hateful mide. However if that said person is stubborn as fuck (as it has been in this case) there is no point.
    You try to claim it's the best country in the world and deny most of it's very obvious flaws, that's essentially saying it has no flaws. I haven't lost on anything, your country DOES have one of the worst education rates. WW2 was not won solely because of your country (even if they did help a lot). And, you did not make the computer. (Even if you made many advancements in them.) And like I said, none of the positive things America has done begin to overshadow the negative. Plus, standing by while you let your country go to shit (due to your government) sullies almost all the good done by your country. But like I said to Empire, ignore me, by all means. I have no issue with that, in-fact it would make my life easier.

"Open his ignorant, hateful MIDE." Guess you meant mind, but I still lol'd when I read that. That's BEYOND ironic coming from you. The ultra-nationalist American is going to try to open MY "ignorant, hateful mind"? Thanks for the great laugh, I spit out my drink and almost busted a gut.
    Last edited by scotbud123; 07-22-2012 at 11:41 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Well you see this is kinda what happened with me and paroxysm. Back when i first joined i was stupid as fuck in debate.(good at hacking though).
    -But eventually i changed from what i was.(not from the debates but from life).

The problem here though is that there has been more than a couple scotbud's in this forum, and particularly the debate fort. I think the last one was.......virtualsia? MJL before that(of course with his alt accounts). There was also some older ones that i can't remember.

Point is that 9/10 times these kids come in here, flame all they want, and then leave when no one shares their viewpoint. There isn't even really a debate usually, just an insisting of one.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

Well you see this is kinda what happened with me and paroxysm. Back when i first joined i was stupid as fuck in debate.(good at hacking though).
    -But eventually i changed from what i was.(not from the debates but from life).

The problem here though is that there has been more than a couple scotbud's in this forum, and particularly the debate fort. I think the last one was.......virtualsia? MJL before that(of course with his alt accounts). There was also some older ones that i can't remember.

Point is that 9/10 times these kids come in here, flame all they want, and then leave when no one shares their viewpoint. There isn't even really a debate usually, just an insisting of one.
    Yeah your right, when I stopped lurking and actually got active in the debate fort the only guy I remember was virtualgamer, but perhaps he was an alt of that sia guy. Not to mention a bunch of butthurt Muslims that would come on for like a week and then leave. However I have yet to see one person change their mind so I am going to go ahead and change my opinion into, there is no point in debating these kids. Unless of course you're just doing it for the z
    "If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."

-Benjamin Franklin
    ^One of our (our as in American no offence to non Americans) Founding Fathers and one of my personal heroes.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Yeah your right, when I stopped lurking and actually got active in the debate fort the only guy I remember was virtualgamer, but perhaps he was an alt of that sia guy. Not to mention a bunch of butthurt Muslims that would come on for like a week and then leave. However I have yet to see one person change their mind so I am going to go ahead and change my opinion into, there is no point in debating these kids. Unless of course you're just doing it for the z
    Yeah virtualgamer was the alt or main of sia(can't remember which).

But thats what the whole debate fort is for really. Its for the lulz of it. Which is something i tend to forget and take too seriously at times.
    I mean if we were 100% honest here, nothing in this thread will change the ideas of those against America or for it.. Same with atheist and god, religious and atheism, and such.

Politics and religion are a subjects that never ends in any difference in viewpoint.

Its something where facts are overridden by each ones opinions on such facts and the emotions pertained there.

This goes both ways of course, but hardly is accepted at such. Each side always believes its right and the other wrong.
    --------------------

The truth of the matter is that this is not a debate that is won with facts or correct viewpoints. Whatever your personal experience in life is, it will reflect what your view is on the subject no matter what the facts are.

You can always post "no I just go by the facts" but then you'd just be lying to yourself and everyone else. No one ever goes by "just the facts" here. You look at a fact and form your opinion on it and post. Everyone's post is just as much of their own opinion as it is fact.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Which in conclusion is why these debates are more of the
    "Nah uh! you country sucks!"
    "Does not!"
    "Does too!"
    Back and forth we get.(simplified of course).

Its nothing more than one guy hating on a country and another trying to defend it. Its the internet though so it hardly matters i guess.....

Edit: To me its pathetic to hate a country.
    Last edited by Empire; 07-23-2012 at 02:05 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding

Yeah virtualgamer was the alt or main of sia(can't remember which).

But thats what the whole debate fort is for really. Its for the lulz of it. Which is something i tend to forget and take too seriously at times.
    I mean if we were 100% honest here, nothing in this thread will change the ideas of those against America or for it.. Same with atheist and god, religious and atheism, and such.

Politics and religion are a subjects that never ends in any difference in viewpoint.

Its something where facts are overridden by each ones opinions on such facts and the emotions pertained there.

This goes both ways of course, but hardly is accepted at such. Each side always believes its right and the other wrong.
    --------------------

The truth of the matter is that this is not a debate that is won with facts or correct viewpoints. Whatever your personal experience in life is, it will reflect what your view is on the subject no matter what the facts are.

You can always post "no I just go by the facts" but then you'd just be lying to yourself and everyone else. No one ever goes by "just the facts" here. You look at a fact and form your opinion on it and post. Everyone's post is just as much of their own opinion as it is fact.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Which in conclusion is why these debates are more of the
    "Nah uh! you country sucks!"
    "Does not!"
    "Does too!"
    Back and forth we get.(simplified of course).

Its nothing more than one guy hating on a country and another trying to defend it. Its the internet though so it hardly matters i guess.....

Edit: To me its pathetic to hate a country.
    What do you expect?after all the bad things the US government has done,it is quite predictable that people behave like this.I mean if you had taken bad decisions in the past,you better be ready for the consequences.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by maximon555 View Post
    What do you expect?after all the bad things the US government has done,it is quite predictable that people behave like this.I mean if you had taken bad decisions in the past,you better be ready for the consequences.
    Yes we all know the government has done bad in the past, but the fact still remains that America has done way more good to the world then bad. For example, saving the world from Nazi oppression, actual putting the fundamentals of REAL freedom into practice, and huge advances in medicines to name a few. Yet some people just focus on the bad things and say "America did this so it's bad" without even looking at all the good we have done to the world. I guess some people just wont open their hatful eyes.

-Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Yes we all know the government has done bad in the past, but the fact still remains that America has done way more good to the world then bad. For example, saving the world from Nazi oppression, actual putting the fundamentals of REAL freedom into practice, and huge advances in medicines to name a few. Yet some people just focus on the bad things and say "America did this so it's bad" without even looking at all the good we have done to the world. I guess some people just wont open their hatful eyes.
    Need to jump in here. America has done some amazing things in the past, but let's look at the present. Corporate domination over the world market, military presence in nearly every country, new law every week slowly taking the freedom from its people, America is becoming an Empire. I mean look at the UN Arms Treaty, pretty sure Obama's going to sign off on it and let it slide right through, buh-bye Second Amendment.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SirKinky For This Useful Post:

scotbud123 (07-23-2012)

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    What Kinky said and what I've been trying to tell you this whole time. The negative impact America has had WAY overshadows the positive. ESPECIALLY if we're talking about modern day stuff.

For the billionth fucking time, we're not the ones that need to open our "hateful eyes" or "hateful minds". You need to open your ignorant, biased, one.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    You forgot that fact that America is so great it costs its uninsured citizens $500 to cast a broken arm.

VIP Support // May 2011
    CF Minion // January 2012
    Newsforce // August 2012
    Minion+ // March 2013
    Moderator // August 2014
    Former Staff // January 2015
    General Minion // July 2015
    Publicist // December 2015

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Austin For This Useful Post:

Lehsyrus (07-23-2012),scotbud123 (07-23-2012)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Scata View Post
    You forgot that fact that America is so great it costs its uninsured citizens $500 to cast a broken arm.
    Might just need to start using paper-mache and nigga-rig a cast from now on.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by maximon555 View Post
    You know, I haven't seen a country with a major population do as much good as America. You can hate all you want, but at the end of the day America still better job than anyone in the top 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Scata View Post
    Nothing is free.

The doctors need to be paid, the cast itself cost money to make, and the whole process involves mutiple people who all need to be paid just like you.
    -Well maybe not like you, from the sound of things you don't have a job.
    ------------

What tends to be the point is that "medical aid should be free" for everything. The problem with this is that they still take the money from you by taxes or with your tax money.

Sure I can see it being redistributed to that instead of a less useful project, but the assumption that the you are getting it for free because its a basic service is false still.
    ----------------------------

In the end you will pay for the service one way or another.

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast