Thanks

Minecraft FAQs and Errors

Minecraft FAQs

Q: How can I get unbanned from a server?
    A: You can't physically GET unbanned from a server. You can use a different account for Minecraft such as an alternate account - if you are IP banned you can use a proxy or VPN. Unless the administrator of the server decides to unban your account, you won't be unbanned. Your best guess is to use a different account. If you can't use a different account, or you don't use a cracked Minecraft launcher, your best bet would be to find another server or convince the administrator to unban you.

Q: What is a 'hacked client'?
    A: A hacked client is basically a modded client. Mod = modification, and in these terms, it's a modified Minecraft client. Modified Minecraft clients tend to have hacks which give you an advantage over the game. Some examples of hacks:
    • Xray - Gives you the ability to see all the ores - ONLY the ores. (Iron ore, diamond ore, etc).
    • Fly - Gives you the ability to fly without being on creative. You could be on survival, and fly around the map.
    • Speedmine - Increases the speed of which you mine stone (ores, etc), and break blocks such as dirt, etc.

Q: Where can I download Minecraft? / What is the official website for Minecraft?
    A: https://minecraft.net

Q: Do I have to pay for Minecraft to play?
    A: Technically, no. You do not have to pay for Minecraft (as in paying for Premium) to play Minecraft. You can use a cracked Minecraft launcher to play Minecraft which gives you the ability of not having to have an account for Minecraft either. Cracked Minecraft users can play on Multiplayer servers too, just like Premium, but only servers that are 'cracked' AKA; offline mode. If you would like a cracked Minecraft launcher, visit this thread: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/335-minecr...o-updater.html

Q: When is the next version of Minecraft coming out?
    A: I do not know. You either be patient and be surprised, or you can visit Mojang.com and see the most recent updates. They like to post snapshots of Minecraft versions, as well as give you information on the next update there. You can also follow any of the developer's Twitter to catch the most recent information.

Q: What is griefing?
    A: Griefing in terms of Minecraft is to basically destroy other's work on servers, and make their life a living hell. Most griefers use a hacked client as it gives them advantages to grief more efficiently such as speedmine.

Q: Minecraft is running slowly, how can I fix this?
    A: Well, there are many ways. The easiest way is to turn all of your settings to the lowest.

Here are all the lowest settings that will improve lag, and give you the best performance.

Code:
    Graphics: FAST
    Render distance: Tiny
    Particles: Minimal
    Clouds: No
    View Bobbing: No/Yes (Does not matter really. Can improve your performance though).
    Performance: MAX FPS
    Smooth Lighting: OFF
    Q: How can I install texture packs / mods to my Minecraft?
    A: This video will give you a full tutorial on how to install and use both texture packs and mods on Minecraft.

Q: I need information on <block>? / Where is <thing> in Minecraft?
    A: If you need help with anything related to Minecraft, or there is something you don't know the easiest solution is to look it up on Google. Chances are you will have a result for the Minecraft Wiki which is your best bet. You can visit the Wiki here.

Q: Do hacks work for Mac / Linux?
    A: Yes, they do! Hacks work for any OS as hacked clients (and Minecraft) are coded in Java.

Q: How do I install a hacked client?
    A: First, you need to download the hacked client you'd like to install. Chances are it will be in a RAR or ZIP, so extract it to wherever you want. You need WinRAR to extract ZIP/RAR files. Now, you need to go to this destination on your computer:

C:\Users\YOURUSER\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\bin

Now, delete or save the minecraft.jar in there. If you are saving it, save it to another directory. Now, cut and paste the hacked client you just recently downloaded into the bin folder. If the hacked client has a different name such as '1234.jar' rename it to: 'minecraft.jar' or else it will not work. Finally, load up Minecraft as you normally would.

Q: How can I get a skin on my Minecraft player?
    A: First of all, you need to have Minecraft bought - meaning you need Minecraft premium which is 26.95$ USD. If you have that, you go to Minecraft.net. Log in to your account, and click on 'Profile'. Now, you'll see you can upload a skin. Find the skin file, upload, and you'll now have a skin on your player. Here are some sites you can get skins for your player:

Miners Need Cool Shoes | Skin Editor
    The Skindex - Minecraft Skins

Minecraft Errors & Solutions
    E/P = Error/Problem
    S = Solution

E/P: Very laggy gameplay
    S: You can make all of your Minecraft video settings to the LOWEST. You can find all of the lowest settings above in the Minecraft FAQs.

E/P: Black screen
    S: This could be a cause of many things. There has been a bug since 1.2.4, where you may get a black screen when trying to join a Multiplayer server. A quick fix to this is go into Singleplayer, create a new world, load it, and close out of it. Then, log in to the multiplayer server. If a black screen is happening when joining Singleplayer, you can close out of Minecraft and try again or you need to download the LATEST Java. If downloading the latest Java does not work, you need to update your drivers.

E/P: Broken Minecraft (Stuck at loading screen, etc)
    S: Well, if you literally have a broken Minecraft and have tried everything and nothing will fix your Minecraft you need to locate your .minecraft folder by going to this destination: %APPDATA% and DELETE your .minecraft folder. Then, delete all Minecraft applications, redownload Minecraft, and it may be fixed.

E/P: Can't connect to www.minecraft.net
    S: This has been a common problem between people. The solution varies between people. One thing you can try is flushing your DNS by going to your Command Prompt and typing: '/flushdns'. If that does not work, you can go into your hosts file and delete the Minecraft URL within it.

---

If you have a problem / question that is not listed here - feel free to post a reply here and I'll do my best to assist you. If you think a certain E/P or FAQ should be added, post a reply here and I'll see if it's important enough to add here. Feel free to visit any of the other stickied threads here if nothing in here answers your question or helps you. I can't read your mind, so post here and I'll do my best to assist you.

Super User since 02.02.2020
    Global Moderator since 09.23.2017
    Moderator since 09.01.2016
    Minion+ since 07.22.2016

Marketplace Minion since 06.09.2016
    Trove Minion since 06.06.2016
    Middleman since 04.21.2016
    Social Engineering Minion since 02.03.2016
    News FO Freelancer From 11.08.2015 to 07.23.2016
    News FO Head Editor From 08.23.2015 to 11.08.2015
    News FO Head Editor From 07.19.2012 to 08.11.2014
    MPGH News and News FO Founder
    Programming Minion From Unknown to 04.23.2013
    Minecraft Minion From 09.19.2012 to 04.23.2013
    Member since 05.13.2012

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Great work! Stickied.

Thanks
    Thanks! I'll continue to update and add more content to the thread as problems and questions arise.

Super User since 02.02.2020
    Global Moderator since 09.23.2017
    Moderator since 09.01.2016
    Minion+ since 07.22.2016

Marketplace Minion since 06.09.2016
    Trove Minion since 06.06.2016
    Middleman since 04.21.2016
    Social Engineering Minion since 02.03.2016
    News FO Freelancer From 11.08.2015 to 07.23.2016
    News FO Head Editor From 08.23.2015 to 11.08.2015
    News FO Head Editor From 07.19.2012 to 08.11.2014
    MPGH News and News FO Founder
    Programming Minion From Unknown to 04.23.2013
    Minecraft Minion From 09.19.2012 to 04.23.2013
    Member since 05.13.2012

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    This FAQ needs to be updated.

The new launcher creates a versions folder, that is where things are, guess you can figure it out from there, but please update this, as the minecraft.jar type of thing, doesn't work anymore. :/ Sorry.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zunknown View Post
    This FAQ needs to be updated.
    Yep, and render distance now has a slider instead of just Tiny.