Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post

Means he's capable of killing (for whatever reason, could it be he just wanted lunch money?), means you don't have a sleepover when he threatens to kill you otherwise without one eye open.

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

He's a minor, he might disappear, he might not, but something will change.
    hes 16. just cuz hes under age dont mean anything. he killed 2 people. hes gone.
    Still love you Giggletron

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

That's differently related to cultural stigma and brainwashing. FYI, we consider Nazis and Terrorists evil.

How would we not have criminally insane? A psychological issue can result in someone being "evil," maybe a misguided moral compass, childhood abuse problems, etc. If anything it supports my statement.
    The criminally insane do not know right from wrong. They could be slicing your face off with a butter knife and it would be totally acceptable behavior for them. Does that make them "evil".

Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Good and evil exist in our minds. The one that fulfills our interest is what we call good, and that brings to us in misery or anything which we do not, is called evil.
    Go to a jungle and observe all natural phenomena all your borders or lines between good and bad get blurred and all you'll see is simply a natural course and it has nothing to do with good or bad, and both are non-existential in a natural state.Like William Shakespeare said "There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post

The criminally insane do not know right from wrong. They could be slicing your face off with a butter knife and it would be totally acceptable behavior for them. Does that make them "evil".
    It makes him a psychopath and he should be put down so he doesn't reproduce more psychopaths.

---------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by maximon555 View Post
    Good and evil exist in our minds. The one that fulfills our interest is what we call good, and that brings to us in misery or anything which we do not, is called evil.
    Go to a jungle and observe all natural phenomena all your borders or lines between good and bad get blurred and all you'll see is simply a natural course and it has nothing to do with good or bad, and both are non-existential in a natural state.Like William Shakespeare said "There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
    that's a good quote :O

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by noob555 View Post
    It makes him a psychopath and he should be put down so he doesn't reproduce more psychopaths.

---------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

that's a good quote :O
    First off, killing someone doesn't make you a psychopath. Second, antisocial personality disorder has no known cause, and there is no effective cure. The best theory on how the disorder develops is a combination of genetic and environmental factors. Being a psycho does not equal psycho juniors. Furthermore, I have aforementioned that psychopaths and sociopaths are not killers by nature, they are manipulators. You've been watching too many horror flicks.

Thanks

First off, killing someone doesn't make you a psychopath. Second, antisocial personality disorder has no known cause, and there is no effective cure. The best theory on how the disorder develops is a combination of genetic and environmental factors. Being a psycho does not equal psycho juniors. Furthermore, I have aforementioned that psychopaths and sociopaths are not killers by nature, they are manipulators. You've been watching too many horror flicks.
    Being psychotic or sociopathic could be due to a imbalance of chemicals or a lack of development from certain parts of the brain. Either of which can be from genes. Removing them from the gene pool would be safer then sticking him in a mental hospital and releasing him after a certain amount of time. I'm not talking about killers who have had traumatic experiences, I'm talking about the killers who start by killing animals at the age of 6.
    Last edited by noob555; 07-23-2012 at 10:30 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yes, it does. They are at harm to my best interests.

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie Radke View Post

hes 16. just cuz hes under age dont mean anything. he killed 2 people. hes gone.
    It means everything, he would have to be tried as an adult or sent to juvie, but I don't think it's for "murderers."

But we don't know the full story so it is what it is.

BRING BACK BT, BRING BACK SAGA, BRING BACK VF, BRING BACK MPGHCRAFT, BRING BACK HABAMON

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    well hopefully this ends with a morally right happy ending.

Thanks
    Being psychotic or sociopathic could be due to a imbalance of chemicals or a lack of development from certain parts of the brain. Either of which can be from genes. Removing them from the gene pool would be safer then sticking him in a mental hospital and releasing him after a certain amount of time. I'm not talking about killers who have had traumatic experiences, I'm talking about the killers who start by killing animals at the age of 6.
    Those issues that pertain to mental distinction have been diagnosed and have their own respected medical terminology behind it. Many sociopaths have no diagnosed mental illness, it's a change in psychological conduct that forces them to act and think differently. Same with psychopaths, a large amount of people designated as a psychopath are perfectly normal in health, having no mental degradation whatsoever. This doesn't make it genetic, it means something had affected them psychologically that we can my explain, which causes said behavior. It can be trauma, it can be a butterfly, but it's majority let psychological and not a physical illness resulting in mental deficiency.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

Yes, it does. They are at harm to my best interests.

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

It means everything, he would have to be tried as an adult or sent to juvie, but I don't think it's for "murderers."

But we don't know the full story so it is what it is.
    So a schizo whose perception of reality is so distorted that he thinks that he's plucking the wings off a butterfly, when in reality he's slitting your throat, he's "evil".

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

So a schizo whose perception of reality is so distorted that he thinks that he's plucking the wings off a butterfly, when in reality he's slitting your throat, he's "evil".
    There's a huge difference between a person who holds a knife to your face and think its OK to slice it off than a guy who is mentally confused who had no intention to harm you. Just like a person driving 30 miles/hr down the street, when someone decides to jump in front of your vehicle, it doesn't make you evil with no intent. When he's not having a episode, does he feel remorse, regret, sorrow, etc for his actions? That's the true judgement if he's evil. You could say that you don't really know a person with their mental conditions. But a person who has mental issues is a part of them, it's not just some condition, that's how their brain reacts and that's what makes them tick. If we didn't judge their brains, everyone would be "good" and no one would be "evil." At the end of the day, it's not just a mental condition, it's a part of them.

You could say that about every single muirderer, they must have some mental condition? Right? Hitler? He was an obvious deranged psychopath, with mental issues. Bin Laden? He's a crazy madman brainwashed into delusion. But at the end of the day, they're still evil.

BRING BACK BT, BRING BACK SAGA, BRING BACK VF, BRING BACK MPGHCRAFT, BRING BACK HABAMON

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKinky View Post

Those issues that pertain to mental distinction have been diagnosed and have their own respected medical terminology behind it. Many sociopaths have no diagnosed mental illness, it's a change in psychological conduct that forces them to act and think differently. Same with psychopaths, a large amount of people designated as a psychopath are perfectly normal in health, having no mental degradation whatsoever. This doesn't make it genetic, it means something had affected them psychologically that we can my explain, which causes said behavior. It can be trauma, it can be a butterfly, but it's majority let psychological and not a physical illness resulting in mental deficiency.
    I don't think you get what I'm saying. I'm saying people that some people are born as sociopaths or psychopaths. They don't have to be a in bad health or mental degradation, their brains could simply work differently then others. Examples which may help you understand my point : People with autism, homosexuality, asexuality, etc etc

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

There's a huge difference between a person who holds a knife to your face and think its OK to slice it off than a guy who is mentally confused who had no intention to harm you. Just like a person driving 30 miles/hr down the street, when someone decides to jump in front of your vehicle, it doesn't make you evil with no intent. When he's not having a episode, does he feel remorse, regret, sorrow, etc for his actions? That's the true judgement if he's evil. You could say that you don't really know a person with their mental conditions. But a person who has mental issues is a part of them, it's not just some condition, that's how their brain reacts and that's what makes them tick. If we didn't judge their brains, everyone would be "good" and no one would be "evil." At the end of the day, it's not just a mental condition, it's a part of them.

You could say that about every single muirderer, they must have some mental condition? Right? Hitler? He was an obvious deranged psychopath, with mental issues. Bin Laden? He's a crazy madman brainwashed into delusion. But at the end of the day, they're still evil.
    Good point. What I'm trying to argue is that these individuals whose moral perspective is warped to the point where acts like murder are not "bad", they don't consider themselves evil. Shit, you think Hitler thought he was evil, or the people who followed him for that matter? Whether their definition of good and bad is defined through social stigma or a disorder, they carried out heinous acts that they believed the right thing to do. Islamic fundies and radicals think that America is the source of all that is evil. Christian fundies think that every person who is not a Christian fundamentalist like them is going to hell. Sometimes they take their beliefs to such extremes that they are driven to murder that they believe is righteous. Are they right? Hell no. But that's irrelevant, because they seem to think so.

However, I am inclined to agree with you that people who carry out acts of wrong, and are aware of that, without any guilt or remorse, can be considered evil.

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

I don't think you get what I'm saying. I'm saying people that some people are born as sociopaths or psychopaths. They don't have to be a in bad health or mental degradation, their brains could simply work differently then others. Examples which may help you understand my point : People with autism, homosexuality, asexuality, etc etc
    Wrong. People are not born as sociopaths or psychopaths. These are mental conditions that emerge through social conditioning. Certain genetic factors may leave some individuals more perceptible than others. However, "Dexters" are made, not born. Please do more research on the topic before you continue to say ignorant shit.
    Last edited by Azathᴏth; 07-23-2012 at 09:21 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Azathᴏth For This Useful Post:

noob555 (07-23-2012)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Azathᴏth View Post

Good point. What I'm trying to argue is that these individuals whose moral perspective is warped to the point where acts like murder are not "bad", they don't consider themselves evil. Shit, you think Hitler thought he was evil, or the people who followed him for that matter? Whether their definition of good and bad is defined through social stigma or a disorder, they carried out heinous acts that they believed the right thing to do. Islamic fundies and radicals think that America is the source of all that is evil. Christian fundies think that every person who is not a Christian fundamentalist like them is going to hell. Sometimes they take their beliefs to such extremes that they are driven to murder that they believe is righteous. Are they right? Hell no. But that's irrelevant, because they seem to think so.

However, I am inclined to agree with you that people who carry out acts of wrong, and are aware of that, without any guilt or remorse, can be considered evil.

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

Wrong. People are not born as sociopaths or psychopaths. These are mental conditions that emerge through social conditioning. Certain genetic factors may leave some individuals more perceptible than others. However, "Dexters" are made, not born. Please do more research on the topic before you continue to say ignorant shit.
    Genetics can be a factor in the developments psychopaths and sociopaths. While certain genetic deficiencys don't have to be present for a person to turn into either one, it can be associated with them. A mutation to monoamine oxidase can cause a person to have a increased risk of aggressive and anti social behavior. Behavioral genetics is a controversial topic, but I believe genes play a role in pushing an individual to a certain direction.
    oops thanked u by accident o.O not that you don't deserve the thanks

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Genetics can be a factor in the developments psychopaths and sociopaths. While certain genetic deficiencys don't have to be present for a person to turn into either one, it can be associated with them. A mutation to monoamine oxidase can cause a person to have a increased risk of aggressive and anti social behavior. Behavioral genetics is a controversial topic, but I believe genes play a role in pushing an individual to a certain direction.
    oops thanked u by accident o.O not that you don't deserve the thanks
    I never said that genetics never played a major role, in fact I mentioned that. However, individuals with antisocial personality disorder or NOT BORN with the disorder. They develop it. Do a little more research and you'll find that a lot of sociopaths were raised in abusive households.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast