Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Angry
    I don't think you realizes how much people started reading mangas because of Naruto. An Intro level manga needs to well...introduce people to manga. So I say let it stay, it serves it purpose.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by KING View Post
    I don't think you realizes how much people started reading mangas because of Naruto. An Intro level manga needs to well...introduce people to manga. So I say let it stay, it serves it purpose.
    *sigh* for the thousandth time, I do not hate what naruto was. I do not hate the story of the underdog who becomes the savior of the village. What I hate is how the current series as-is, is pretty much ruining the name naruto has built for itself.
    ----------------------------------------------

Any manga can introduce people to manga. I'm fine with whatever people choose to start with in any and all regards. But what does irritate me is when people try to critique or compare a certain manga with such a limited view on the manga universe as a whole.(same for anime).

Not saying you have a limited view on it really, you might or might not, but to go along with a naruto fan stereotype:the more people go on about naruto, the smaller view they have on the anime/manga world, and the less inclined you are to pick up a new series.

You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    *sigh* for the thousandth time, I do not hate what naruto was. I do not hate the story of the underdog who becomes the savior of the village. What I hate is how the current series as-is, is pretty much ruining the name naruto has built for itself.
    ----------------------------------------------

Any manga can introduce people to manga. I'm fine with whatever people choose to start with in any and all regards. But what does irritate me is when people try to critique or compare a certain manga with such a limited view on the manga universe as a whole.(same for anime).

Not saying you have a limited view on it really, you might or might not, but to go along with a naruto fan stereotype:the more people go on about naruto, the smaller view they have on the anime/manga world, and the less inclined you are to pick up a new series.
    Or, they just like Naruto more than other anime\manga they've seen?

Plus, why do they NEED to pick up new series? What if they're fine liking what they already like?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    Plus, why do they NEED to pick up new series? What if they're fine liking what they already like?
    No one said NEED. (although to stop picking up new series because you believe naruto is the end all be all, is a bit ridiculous, for any series at that).

I have nothing against those who like naruto scot, I'm fine if they continue to like naruto. I myself may be dissapointed in the series, but if you like it fine, to each his own.
    ------------------

What I fail to see though, is why you are so defensive of people trying out new series? I'm not even saying my suggestions, but any new series, whatever they find interesting.

What seems to happen, at least from my view, is that a person will try 1-2 different series, like, love it, or hate it, and then stop trying new series altogether. I guess i'd just like to see people be more open to new things. And to be blunt, most naruto fans are so against a new series its surprising(for example scot here), you picked up naruto and loved it. At least give that chance to a new series every so often, you might find out you love it too.

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    No one said NEED. (although to stop picking up new series because you believe naruto is the end all be all, is a bit ridiculous, for any series at that).

I have nothing against those who like naruto scot, I'm fine if they continue to like naruto. I myself may be dissapointed in the series, but if you like it fine, to each his own.
    ------------------

What I fail to see though, is why you are so defensive of people trying out new series? I'm not even saying my suggestions, but any new series, whatever they find interesting.

What seems to happen, at least from my view, is that a person will try 1-2 different series, like, love it, or hate it, and then stop trying new series altogether. I guess i'd just like to see people be more open to new things. And to be blunt, most naruto fans are so against a new series its surprising(for example scot here), you picked up naruto and loved it. At least give that chance to a new series every so often, you might find out you love it too.
    I guess that's true, I do kind of not give other series a good chance. I guess that's because I like Naruto so much and don't want to have to get invested in another series.

If I did pick up any new series it would be Evangelion. My friend has been recommending that to me for months.

Oh, and I'm not defensive of other people picking up a new series. I just don't like it when people do that then remind ME of how much Naruto "sucks in comparison". (In their point of view that is.) :S

Darkness cannot be defeated. It can only be hidden in the form of hatred
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    I guess that's true, I do kind of not give other series a good chance. I guess that's because I like Naruto so much and don't want to have to get invested in another series.

If I did pick up any new series it would be Evangelion. My friend has been recommending that to me for months.

Oh, and I'm not defensive of other people picking up a new series. I just don't like it when people do that then remind ME of how much Naruto "sucks in comparison". (In their point of view that is.) :S

Nartuo Manga comes out every week. You find it so hard to watch another anime/read manga in that week. You can finish a whole anime in that week instead of watching Shippuden (if you do).
    [IMG]https://i1179.photobucke*****m/albums/x386/gaara4life12/asdasd.png[/IMG]

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by fingernig View Post
    Nartuo Manga comes out every week. You find it so hard to watch another anime/read manga in that week. You can finish a whole anime in that week instead of watching Shippuden (if you do).
    I could lie to you, and say I have a life. With people to see, or things to do. Or I can tell you that I'd rather be doing other things on my computer other than watching another anime, why? Because I don't feel like it. There's no reason for me to do it if I would find more enjoyment from other sources of entertainment. The only reason would be to say "I know a lot about anime, huehuehueh" and to me, that's not a good enough reason.

So no, I do not have "enough time" to invest into another series.

Edit: Oh, just re-read my last post. I didn't even mention time, I said: "I don't want to HAVE to get invested in another series."
    Last edited by scotbud123; 08-08-2012 at 05:07 AM.

Darkness cannot be defeated. It can only be hidden in the form of hatred
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    I could lie to you, and say I have a life. With people to see, or things to do. Or I can tell you that I'd rather be doing other things on my computer other than watching another anime, why? Because I don't feel like it. There's no reason for me to do it if I would find more enjoyment from other sources of entertainment. The only reason would be to say "I know a lot about anime, huehuehueh" and to me, that's not a good enough reason.

So no, I do not have "enough time" to invest into another series.

Edit: Oh, just re-read my last post. I didn't even mention time, I said: "I don't want to HAVE to get invested in another series."
    If you don't want to you won't understand what Empire is trying to say. Your opinion will most likely stay the same if you don't want to watch any other anime.
    [IMG]https://i1179.photobucke*****m/albums/x386/gaara4life12/asdasd.png[/IMG]

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by fingernig View Post
    If you don't want to you won't understand what Empire is trying to say. Your opinion will most likely stay the same if you don't want to watch any other anime.
    And? The problem with that is what? Am I not allowed to like Naruto just because I haven't seen that many other anime?

I really want to go back to when I was younger, when cartoons were just cartoons, a show was just a show, and you didn't have to watch other things from the same genre to like something.

Plus, I'm 99.9% sure that I will like Naruto more even if I do watch other anime.

I watched DBZ after I watched Naruto and I still like Naruto more, and DBZ is called "the king" of all anime by most fans. So.....yeah.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angry
    -Sigh I did not say you hated it. You simply don't like it (for what it is now or what it's turned into).

Sounds like you're the debby downer of the Naruto Group. Every chapter your going to bash the series at whole, while the rest of us will post about the actual chapter. You're going to be "that guy". w/e

11. The Following User Says Thank You to KING For This Useful Post:

scotbud123 (08-08-2012)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234