Poll: Good? Bad?; Elemental? Collab?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed

[Official] Animation and Modeling Groups

ONLY POST APPLICATIONS HERE! ALL ELSE IS SPAM AND WILL BE DELETED!
    Okay, so as we all know our main priority right now is to attract people to this section. Thanks to dddrrr who posted this thread, because that is actually how we came up with these ideas! So thank you!

So here is our idea. This is gunnu become pretty big, so bear with us if it doesn't sound too practical, as it will form into something great. But here is what we have so far.

Basically what we want to do is create 2 different groups. If you have ever been to the Combat Arms NA Rez and Modding Section, you might be familiar with the dominant factions, or groups, FSP (Fail Sauce Productions Modding Group), and UFB (Un-Fucking Believable Modding Group). We want to do something similar. What we want is 2 groups, one for modeling, and on for animation.
    Each group will have the best of the best modelers and animators, and will release something weekly, biweekly, monthly, bimonthly, whatever (depending on size and/or epic-icity of the project).

For modeling, here is what, from what I am told, is going to happen. You will be creating model and releasing them in a huge pack. Can be anything from furnature, to buildings, to props, to anything that has to do with modeling. What I was thinking is that each week the group members would submit a theme to base the models off of and whatever one got the most votes, they would each make a couple models. Give them all to Lonesome, he'd do what he needs to do and release them all into a big pack.

Also, Lonesome will be the head director of this group, so all questions or comments directly relating to this group/projects go to him.

So here is the application format. Make sure to put "Modeling" at the top, so we know what your applying for.

Code:
    -Name: In real life, since we already know your MPGH name. (Only first name)
    -How much time you can spend on modeling:
    -Programs you use:
    -How long you have been modeling for:
    -2 examples of what you consider your best work: (Please use TinyPic or ImageShack. Also please don't embed the images, only post the link to them. In other words, don't use the [IMG]...[/IMG]. Takes too long to load.
    Please only post applications in this thread. All other posts will be counted as spam and deleted. If you have a suggestion, request, or comment, VM/PM me or Lonesome Cowboy about it. Thanks!

For animation, here is what's gunnu happen. I'll be leading this group, and we will be doing a weekly, bi-weekly animation, 10 to 15 minutes long. This will be either a collaborative work, or each person will do an element of the animation.

Here is a breakdown, because even I am a bit confused as to what each of those means:

Collaborative work:
    If we end up doing collaborative work, we will each submit a story that can be condensed into a 10-15 minute animations. We'll all then vote on which one we like best, and from there I will divide it up into evenly times scenes that everyone will create. For example, if we do a 12 minutes animation, and we have 4 people in our group, each person will make about 3 minutes of it.
    Then at the end of the week, everyone will send me their raw footage, I will edit it together and Lonesome might do some cool effects with AE to it. This will be done like almost every week or every couple weeks.

Elemental work:
    If we end up doing this, each person will do part of the animation in the WHOLE.
    These elements include:
    1. Animatics
    2. Backgrounds
    3. Sounds
    4. Effects
    5. Character Design
    6. Animation (Like the actual character movement)

I am actually at a complete standstill here, because both methods have benefits that the other doesn't. TT_TT For example, Collaborative Work is generally easier, because each person is responsible for each of the elements, and all I have to do is put it together.. lol.
    If we use the Elemental Method, it would be more fluid and, IMO, would looks much better, as we don't all have different backgrounds, characters, and different looking animations. Also the fact that some people have better tools for some elements is a HUGE factor. Like how I can't use AE DigiPaint, because I'm in 32bit, and you need to have 64bit to run AE. IMO, DigiPaint is the best way to make good backgrounds. So Idk if you see what i'm saying, but yeah. If you have any questions, feel free to VM/PM me. Do NOT ask in this thread.

So here is the application format for the group. Make sure you put "Animation" at the top, so we know what your applying for.

Code:
    -Name: In real life, since we already know your MPGH name. (Only first name)
    -How much time you can spend on animating:
    -Programs you use:
    -How long you have been animating for:
    -What you would be best at doing or you would be most interested in doing, if we end up using the elemental method: (Top 3 choices, in order from wanting most to least.)
    -2 examples of what you consider your best work: (Please use TinyPic or ImageShack. Also please don't embed the images, only post the link to them. In other words, don't use the [IMG]...[/IMG]. Takes too long to load.
    Please only post applications in this thread. All other posts will be counted as spam and deleted. If you have a suggestion, request, or comment, VM/PM me about it. Thanks!

Again, post ONLY applications here! There will not be a discussion thread, so if you have anything you wanna say, PM/VM me or Lonesome about it!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Note 1:
    ONE group is parted into two, modeling and animation.

Note 2:
    You CAN applicate to both of them!

Note 3:
    Amount of thankses DO count here, because that's how people say "WOW" to your work.
    So, we're not saying it again, unlike of Minion applications, amount of thanks DO count here.

Note 4:
    For animation, you can post YouTube links, if you wish.

Note 5:
    YOU NEED ATLEAST 0 POST!!
    This small amount may sound ridiculous, but we don't care about freakin' post count!!
    We only care about how proffesional are your pieces of work.

Note 6:
    If we found out, the piece of work is not yours, your automatically removed from the list of applicants, and cannot apply again.
    If you post applications for both of the category's, and we found out only about one, that is leeched, you'll be removed from both groups applicants.

Just a suggestion:
    Do not applicate, if you don't believe in yourself.
    Last edited by Lonesome Cowboy; 11-14-2010 at 01:18 PM.
    Minecraft Wiki Manager since: 2012.12.16.
    Games Wiki Manager since: 2012.12.16
    Minecraft Section Minion: 2013.05.04.-2014.05.04
    League of Legends Section Minion: 2013.05.04.-2014.05.04
    Need for Speed World Minion: 2013.07.23.-2014.05.04
    Steam Games Section Minion: 2013.08.05.
    Warrock Section Minion: 2013.10.09.

If you would like to become a Minecraft Wiki Editor, apply here!
    If you would like to become a Games Wiki Editor, PM me!

Gifts:
    Gyongytyuk,Gyongytyuk,Zaps

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lonesome Cowboy For This Useful Post:

Jack (11-14-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Alright, I just want to say that I think the elemental way of animation would be better because
    A) Each element could have someone who is specialized in that element
    B) It's how companies do things because it's just way more efficient
    C) Like you said, if a bunch of people all do their own thing, it'll never flow together
    Just imo /

And now to apply
    -Name:Gavin
    -How much time you can spend on animating: I can spend an hour or two a day on most days
    -Programs you use: Mostly 3ds Max & After Effects
    -How long you have been animating for: 8-9 months?
    -What you would be best at doing?: 1.Character Animation 2.Sounds 3.Effects
    -2 examples of what you consider your best work: Just the two things I've posted here; the animation in my sig, and this youtube video:

[IMG]https://i306.photobucke*****m/albums/nn280/Fenolgo/Graph_01.gif[/IMG]

˙˙˙sʞɔɐɥ

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CrustyObama For This Useful Post:

Jack (11-14-2010)

Thanks
    teach me how to animate a model

Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Quote Originally Posted by noob555 View Post
    Watch my videos

Gifts:

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonesome Cowboy View Post

Watch my videos
    Thank God
    u are banned

Add me on MSN - get2sw4d@hotmail.com
    Add me on Skype - adminb0sswr

Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxlovexxx1 View Post
    Thank God
    u are banned
    This was IT
    I'm back to annoy you more

Gifts:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Quote Originally Posted by noob555 View Post
    Henry! Read the damn thread! Only applications here!

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    Name
    Rajnikanth

How much time I can spend on animating
    3 Hrs Every Weekend

Programs I use
    Maya, 3D Studio Max, After Effects, Premier Pro, Anime Pro, Morpheus, Photoshop

How long I have been animating for
    For Past 5 or 6 Yrs ...

What you would be best at doing or you would be most interested in doing, if we end up using the elemental method
    Comic Animation, Movie Matching

2 examples of what I consider as my best work

^^Its my Sweet Voice ... LOL

Last edited by xxxlovexxx1; 11-24-2010 at 10:07 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to xxxlovexxx1 For This Useful Post:

Jack (11-28-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    its been 6 days since ...

wassup

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Oh dude that's friggin awesome thanks for sharing lol by by

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    I can use SolidWorks to make still images and machines, but I'm no good with animation.
    Bibamus, gaudeamus.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Its too bad this project pretty much died out, had i noticed this thread when it was active id be able to participate alot, I can make very high quality models in AutoCAD (exportable as OBJ.s so they could be used in any program)

I can also make scenery such as whole areas to film in, I can also model characters, rig them with bones, muscle and skin and animate them in Maya.

Did noone ever take real intrest in this project? It would have been awesome if we could have gotten together a group of people to make animated movies and such things, and maybe cooperate with the programmers and make some small and fun games.

If you had 2 people making models and scenery/props, 1 animator, 1 VFX guy/gal 1(or 2) people making texture maps and basic photoshopping...
    You could pump out awesome short flicks/movies at an amazing rate, and then if you combined it with a group of talanted programmers, you could use open source engines and then put it all together and make MPGH Games.

I suppose Its all just a dream tho, putting something like this together would take alot of talented and intrested people which were willing to spend their time helping out and contributing, and i doubt we'd find enough people like that in this section.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Quote Originally Posted by crone View Post
    Its too bad this project pretty much died out, had i noticed this thread when it was active id be able to participate alot, I can make very high quality models in AutoCAD (exportable as OBJ.s so they could be used in any program)

I can also make scenery such as whole areas to film in, I can also model characters, rig them with bones, muscle and skin and animate them in Maya.

Did noone ever take real intrest in this project? It would have been awesome if we could have gotten together a group of people to make animated movies and such things, and maybe cooperate with the programmers and make some small and fun games.

If you had 2 people making models and scenery/props, 1 animator, 1 VFX guy/gal 1(or 2) people making texture maps and basic photoshopping...
    You could pump out awesome short flicks/movies at an amazing rate, and then if you combined it with a group of talanted programmers, you could use open source engines and then put it all together and make MPGH Games.

I suppose Its all just a dream tho, putting something like this together would take alot of talented and intrested people which were willing to spend their time helping out and contributing, and i doubt we'd find enough people like that in this section.
    We came up with this idea when the section was young and uneventful. With no one putting real interest in it within the first few weeks, the founders of this section, me and Lonesome Cowboy, left. Now this section is used for spamming, and posting stupid shit that shouldn't even be here- due to the fact that there is no moderation here.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold
    necroposting!XD want to be a member. lol guys...lol guys.......... .