Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

MPGH News (8/3/12)

5th Edition
    8/3/12

MPGH Wiki / Editors!
    Well, Dave has officially opened applications for the Editor position! Along with that, he's added many wiki links that you can contribute to. Contributing to the wiki will give you a BETTER chance at becoming an Editor. If you haven't noticed, Dave has also added the wiki links to the forum descriptions! If you'd like to learn more about the wikis, and/or apply for the Editor position, visit these threads here and here.

Dave is a defibrillator
    Earlier this week, Thunder, a well known Global Moderator on MPGH had infact broken MPGH. MPGH was having many problems with the server, as well as many aspects of MPGH such as avatars not working, signature BB code, and much more. Shortly after, Dave had shut down MPGH for the day/night to fix the remaining problems. Thankfully, MPGH is back up and so far there are no more problems. Though, there have been reports of constant Cloudflare errors.

MPGH Pain Olympics
    With the Olympics going on, Dave has started MPGH's own Olympics. The MPGH Pain Olympics have started! Many Olympians have gone through much pain, and stress - do you have what it takes? MPGH Pain Olympics

Birthday Bans
    @Stevenom just turned 15 on August 1st. Happy Birthday to you.
    @FUKO birthday was on July 31st? Happy birthday!

Postbans
    @legend321 just got his first postban. Congratz to you
    @Damyiel got his first postban as well. Congratz.*
    @Shane hit 13,000 in 3 months. Congratulations!
    @FangedBeast had hit his first postban, 1337, this week! Congratulations to you!

Group Changes
    @Comet was demoted to Cocksucker earlier this week after making a thread apologizing for his past experiences and attitudes towards members on MPGH.
    @Ghost has finally lived up to his expectations and earned the title of "NIG BOI".

Also;

Editor applications have been opened! Read the MPGH Headlines for more information.
    Thunder broke MPGH earlier this week. Read the MPGH Headlines for more information.

That is all for this week's User News!
    People need to do more interestings things so I'll have more to tell

Welcome back, SOTW! The Signature of the Week contest is back! If you'd like to take a look at the requirements, and possibly input an entry, visit this thread here!

Sadly, there are no more contests this week. Keep looking out for more contests happening in MPGH! They will come.. soon... soon.

Interview - [MPGH]Sjoerd

Time: Hello There,Sjoerd!
    Sjoerd: Hi time

Time: So When did you first join MPGH?
    Sjoerd: errrr january 08

Time: Great, How did you stumble upon MPGH?
    Sjoerd: No idea, it's really a while ago actually I think for warrock hacks So probably through google

Time: I see, typical noob in those days eh.What was your first impression when you joined MPGH?
    Sjoerd: ur a noob, dunno, i leeched like fuck

Time: Such Innovation!, Did you get a staff position on the website?
    Sjoerd: Yes I have been moderator of the combat arms Europe section

Time: Do you think, you put a lot of hard work to have gotten that position?
    Sjoerd: no

Time: oh you lucker, On the time you stayed on MPGH , did you find anyone who might serve you as an InspiRation or role model?
    Sjoerd: I think I am an inspiration for all MPGHieans.

Time: You sure are, What's the weirdest thing that has happened to you on MPGH?
    Sjoerd: The dutchfag meet, that was pretty weird, but fun still.

Time: Ah sweet. Do you have any hobbies outside of MPGH?
    Sjoerd: As for now I don't do sports or something. I like going out with friends etc

Time: Thats nice, Do you have any favorite quotes/artist/songs that you would like to share with us?
    Sjoerd: Quotes are for ******s,as for song Eminem - Space Bound

Time: Ah nice taste you have there, Who has helped you out the most on MPGH?
    Sjoerd: Hmm, ofcourse the admins, without them mpgh wouldn't be I also remember, when hispiforce was GM, he unbanned me every time I was banned, I just had 2 ask him And with every time I mean each 1 or 2 days. So he helped me out pretty much haha

Time: ahaha, Well Before we wrap this up would you like to give a shout out to anyone?
    Sjoerd: I think Dead Bones Brook still needs to be unbanned.

Time: Well your opinion will be taken into consideration someday. Thank you for your time Sjoerd
    Sjoerd: no problem time

Interview - [MPGH]Polo

Time: Ohai there , Polo!
    Polo: Ohai there , Time!

Time: How are you today?
    Polo: I'm doing good. You?

Time: Great thanks. Polo, When did you first join MPGH?
    Polo: I joined on May 16th 2010. :3

Time: ;], How did you stumble upon MPGH?
    Polo: Well, like many other people back in the day, I was looking for CA hacks. Googled it, saw MPGH as my first result, went to it. Really joined because of Longevity's legendary hacks :3

Time: Hehe nice, Do you remember what your first thread on mpgh was about?
    Polo: Aha, well off the top of my head i'm pretty sure it was me asking for advice with choosing the right gun to buy for Combat Arms, D:

Time: I see , As you first joined MPGH What impression did it lay on you?
    Polo: Well I thought it was a great site and it had great hacks but I never thought that i'd one day become staff on the site lol. Plus the community was quite friendly, and I received a lot of help from other members so I thought it was dope as hell

Time: , What's the weirdest thing that has happened to you on MPGH?
    Polo: Weirdest thing that's happened to me ? Or weirdest thing that i've seen on MPGH? Cus I really dunno the weirdest thing that happened to me

Time: Well what about the weirdest thing you have seen on MPGH then mmz .
    Polo: Theres been a lot but If i had to choose one of the top of my head it was that dumbass Royce pretending to be a girl /fp

Time: haha, alright well Did you do any sort of contributions prior to getting minion? If so, what kind of contributions?
    Polo: Yup. Before I got minion I was apart of the Resource Team, so as Resource I had to contribute to the section I was assigned too. (Minecraft.) I released clients, mods, tutorials, and all kinds of stuff, & eventually the day came where Apps opened up and here I am now

Time: Very nice, On the time you stayed on MPGH , did you find anyone who might serve you as an inspiration or role model?
    Polo: Hmm. Dunno, maybe the closest one to an inspiration would probably be AVGN i guess? because he was one of the first minions that I saw on MPGH that I had spoken too in the past. and when i saw him get minion, I wanted to be one too

Time: Ah great, Do you have any hobbies outside of MPGH?
    Polo: Yup. I spend majority of my day playing Basketball, :3 (in Jordans, fuckyou @Psychotic)

Time: hehehe, well Do you have any favorite quotes/songs that you would like to share with us?
    Polo: , I rarely have a favorite song since I listen to almost everything and the variety is so large but lately i've been listening to Hammerdance by Slaughterhouse just cus it gets me so pumped. ;DD

Time: Cool ;] , Is there anyone particular on mpgh that pisses you off the most?
    Polo: ROYCEEEEEEEE, COSMIC, ALESSANDRO

Time: Hehe, Do you think you are perfect in your work?
    Polo: No of course not, i'm sometimes very late with attachments D: and I sometimes even struggle with approving stuff because sometimes I'm just not used to it.

Time: Ah well you will surely improve , Before we wrap this up would you like to give a shout out to anyone?
    Polo: Thanks. Hmm, shoutout to @Psychotic for being gay as hell and running a great news team . :3

Time: True that :3 , Well Thanks for your time Polo
    Polo: . No problem time , been a pleasure :3

Michael Phelps comes back and wins his Third Gold at London 2012
    Michael Phelps still shows remarkable signs of his swimming abundance after being the second American in the
    Summer Olympics to have three gold medals. On Friday he won the men's 100-metre butterfly, making another Gold
    medal for USA. During the peak of his withdrawl from career, Phelps demonstrated unbelievable talent and pride
    after he crossed over his opponents to win in a time of 51 seconds. By obtaining three gold medals, he and
    another Olympian of his country, Missy Fraklin, became the only olympians in USA to have 3 gold medals. Michael
    Phelps isn't done just yet, however, he still has one more event he has to compete in, the 4 by 100 medley relay.
    This event is something that the U.S. men have never lost at any Olympics they have attended. However, this time
    the competition looks to be harder than usual.

With all the food shortages and struggles, North Korea leader rides a rollercoaster
    Let the floods and the struggles out of your mind for a little while, let's take flight and enjoy the rollercoaster
    ride'- seems to be the influence the new dictator has on his mind. Kim Jong-un this week was seen riding a rollercoaster
    in a new theme park that he had just opened. He also was clapping to performing dolphins, and waving at a crowd of
    young people.

He's a lot different from his father, and his grandfather. He's more frisky and adamant about life. He doesn't hold
    the characteristics of them. His father wouldn't show himself to media with any of his wifes or family, the only
    time he'd be shown with media is when he was with his officials.

Certainly and most definetly, his style and attitude is much different from his father's.

Medal of Honor Warfighter - Campaign Video

The first reveal of Preacher's story in Medal of Honor Warfighter's Single Player campaign has been released. You see Preacher and his fellow teammates going to solve the problem; hunt down the global threat and take the fight to the enemy. (Reword if you wish; I dislike it, but ehh)

Hitman: Sniper Challenge Announced

An exclusive standalone pre-order sniper experience will be available to play the second you pre-order your copy of Hitman: Absolution.
    For the past few months, players have been competing for the top leader board spots to see who the best sniper assassin is on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Now it's time for the PC marksmen to scope, score, and come back for more.
    IO is fully committed to delivering a PC version of Hitman: Absolution that lives up to the high standards of our PC community. "Sniper Challenge" will give them a first taste of what's to come." - Jon Brooke
    Hitman: Absolution is scheduled for global release on November 20, 2012. More information can be found here.

Max Payne 3 - Free DLC + Details on Future Packs

The successful Max Payne 3 comes with a free DLC "Disorganized Crime Pack" later this month. On July 31st, Rockstar Games made an announcement that there would be five future packs, but today they consolidated the content from the remaining five packs into three larger packs.
    - Disorganized Crime Pack: August [Free]
    - Hostage Negotiation Map Pack: September [$10]
    - Painful Memories Map Pack: October [$10]
    - Deathmatch Made in Heaven Mode Pack: October [$10]
    The free Disorganized Crime Pack for Max Payne 3 lets you battle above t he streets surrounding Max's old apartment in the new Hoboken Rooftops multiplayer map. This pack also includes several new modifiers for Score Attack in Arcade Mode. including Explosive Rounds where all your bullets detonate on impact, Lone Wolf AI for much more aggressive enemies, and Headshots Only where the only way to kill your enemy is with a bullet to the head.
    Owners of the Max Payne 3 Rockstar Pass still gain access to all Max Payne 3 DLC at a 35% savings over the cost of purchasing individual packs.

Miner Wars 2081 Hits Public Alpha

Miner Wars, a 6DOF underground space shooter hits Alpha and is public for everyone. The demo lets you play the first mission "Russian Assault" as seen in the video below. In the game you play in a fully destructible environment and is a combination of single player story game and MMO. Miner Wars franchise branches into two products: Miner Wars 2081 (single-player, co-op, multi-player) and Miner Wars MMO.

The game also has a Playground sector designed to feature many of the game play elements Miner Wars 2081 will soon offer.

Wanna try yourself? Check out the new demo at Miner Wars Official Website

Far Cry 3 - Four Player Co-op

Sure, setting out to kill and awe your enemies is satisfying, but with three other people, well, it wouldn't be called Far Cry 3 for nothing; looks like it's raising the bar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syl0xdKvkzg&feature=player_embedded[/video]]
    If this video isn't available for your country, try this .

This cooperative storyline takes place six month prior the chaotic single player. You have the opportunity to take the role as one of four distinct characters, along with three classes: Deadeye, Rusher, or Warrior, with fully customisable load outs. This will ultimately allow you to play your own style.
    Far Cry 3 will be released on November 29, 2012, for the PC, PS3, and XBOX360.

The War Z website goes live

Arktos Entertainment Group and Hammerpoint Interactive have announced the launch of the official website for the upcoming zombie-apocalypse MMO, The War Z (TWZ). The game was first announced on July 19th and within 24 hours, it gathered more than 100,000 registrations for the closed beta. The War Z is slated for release in fall 2012 for the PC.
    The War Z is currently in Alpha phase, with a closed beta planned for the very near future. You can visit https://www.thewarz.com to be notified of updates and other information as well as to register for a chance to participate in the closed beta.

SW:TOR Goes F2P

Star Wars: The Old Republic is going free-to-play this fall, according to an announcement by developer BioWare. The F2P option will allow SW:TOR players to access each of the eight iconic Star Wars character class storylines, all the way up to level 50, with certain restrictions. Unlimited access will be made available through individual purchases or through a subscription option.
    As the first step towards adding the new free-to-play option this fall, Star Wars: The Old Republic will go on sale in August for $14.99, including one month free of subscription.
    My reaction to it:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Hackers Steal Dropbox Passwords

Dropbox says reused passwords are to blame for a wave of spam that's hitting subscribers to the service. The company found that usernames and passwords recently stolen from other websites were used to sign in to some Dropbox accounts. One of these accounts belonged to a Dropbox employee, and it contained a project document with some users' email addresses.
    This improper access led to the spamming of many users, Dropbox said. The company has taken various steps to improve security, including the coming introduction of two-factor authentication.
    Measures Dropbox is taking to improve security include two-factor authentication, new automated mechanisms to help identify suspicious activity, and a new page that lets users examine all active logins to their account.
    The company may require users to change their passwords in some cases, for example where the passwords are commonly used or haven't been changed in a long time.

DirecTV loses subscribers for first time in 2Q

DirecTV, the country's largest provider of satellite TV services, is losing subscribers for the first time, as the company tightened credit policies and consumer appetite for pay-TV services appears to have plateaued.
    DrecTV Inc. said Thursday that it lost 52,000 U.S. subscribers in the April-June period. Last year, it added 26,000 in the same period, which is seasonally the weakest of the year.
    Other pay-TV companies have reported worsening subscriber trends in the quarter, except for Comcast and Dish Network, which have reported reduced losses. Time Warner Cable, the second-largest cable company, said Thursday that it lost 169,000 subscribers in the second quarter, a record for the company.
    Many surveys point out that the cost of TV signal it as the chief reason of not getting one in the first place. In addition, many young adults are living with their parents in the wake of the recession. But evidence suggests some households are also substituting pay-TV for Internet video sites such as Hulu, Netflix, and iTunes.

Hotmail gets a new name

Microsoft's Hotmail service is still used by more than 325 million people, but the company has decided to Hotmail brand must die in favor of something without as many negative connotations. Herecomes: Outlook.
    "There was a perception gap with Hotmail from tech enthusiasts and youth," Windows Live general manager Brian Hall says. "Many of them wouldn't take a second look at Hotmail and they would say, 'I don't feel comfortable having this next to my name.' ... People understand Outlook is mail from Microsoft, so we thought this branding made sense."
    Hotmail users will have the option to either keep their "@hotmail.com" addresses or switch over to an "@outlook.com" address, but everyone will get the new design.
    A revamped consumer email product is one of many product changes in Microsoft's lineup this year, as it introduces Windows 8. It is also working on Office 2013, Windows Phone 8, improved SkyDrive cloud storage, updated XBOX 360 software, Windows Azure with newly added IaaS support, and more.

MPGH News Team

• Writers

• Katy
      • Contest News (Reporters)

• ryakhawk (Ryak is gone on vacation. We had our freelancer do it, but he has recently resigned.)
      • Global News

• Azathoth (Credits to Nitekillr's fat ass, because Azathoth was on leave of absence as he had to go to a wedding. Thanks, Nitekillr for doing his article this week.)
      • Technology News

• Freelance Writers [Backups]

• N/A - Recruiting
      • Global News

-----

• We are recruiting freelancers for the following positions:
    • Global News (Freelancer)
    • Tech News (Freelancer)
    • Gaming News (Freelancer)
    • User News (Freelancer)

If you'd be interested in any of the positions listed above, PM me. Remember, you are going to be a FREELANCER for the position. A back up writer.
    Last edited by Thunder; 08-05-2012 at 02:34 PM.

Super User since 02.02.2020
    Global Moderator since 09.23.2017
    Moderator since 09.01.2016
    Minion+ since 07.22.2016

Marketplace Minion since 06.09.2016
    Trove Minion since 06.06.2016
    Middleman since 04.21.2016
    Social Engineering Minion since 02.03.2016
    News FO Freelancer From 11.08.2015 to 07.23.2016
    News FO Head Editor From 08.23.2015 to 11.08.2015
    News FO Head Editor From 07.19.2012 to 08.11.2014
    MPGH News and News FO Founder
    Programming Minion From Unknown to 04.23.2013
    Minecraft Minion From 09.19.2012 to 04.23.2013
    Member since 05.13.2012

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Psychotic For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Austin (08-03-2012),Fox (08-04-2012),FreestyleABG (08-05-2012),FUKO (08-06-2012),[MPGH]Hennessy (08-03-2012),Katy (08-06-2012),RoLe (08-04-2012),[MPGH]Time (08-03-2012),twenge04 (08-04-2012),unicorn69 (08-06-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Nice release
    Resource Team: Feb/5/2012 - May/5/2012
    Middleman: April/25/2012 - September/16/12

Thanks
    I BLAME IT ON LANCE/HERO.

I ACCIDENTLY PRESSED SUBMIT THREAD, AND I HAD TO EDIT LANCE'S GLOBAL NEWS IN.

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    Nice release
    Thank you.

Glad you like it.

Minion+ since 07.22.2016

Member since 05.13.2012

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    This is great, good job!

do you get help with this?
    1/08/2011: MPGHian

1/27/2024: Global Mod
    6/08/2023: Moderator
    1/22/2021: Minion+
    9/29/2020: Minion
    7/26/2020: GFX Team
    8/07/2017: News Force
    12/03/2012: Combat Arms Wiki Editor
    10/03/2011: CA Public Hack Support Team
    7/11/2011: Donator/Premium
    6/25/2011 - 7/06/2013: Combat Arms Modder

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by aerowyn View Post
    This is great, good job!

You're either extremely stupid or just can't read.

VIP Support // May 2011
    CF Minion // January 2012
    Newsforce // August 2012
    Minion+ // March 2013
    Moderator // August 2014
    Former Staff // January 2015
    General Minion // July 2015
    Publicist // December 2015

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Austin For This Useful Post:

Delko DJ (08-04-2012),Fox (08-04-2012),Polo (08-03-2012),RoLe (08-04-2012)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aerowyn View Post
    This is great, good job!

Yeah, we're all a team. You'll see everyone who contributes at the bottom of the news. It gives credits to everyone, and stuff like that. Matter of fact, we're recruiting for some positions.

Minion+ since 07.22.2016

Member since 05.13.2012

Thanks
    Interviews are always lovely

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    cosmic aka gay egy sherif ,it pisses of everyone
    And gret job on this work

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Delko DJ View Post
    cosmic aka gay egy sherif ,it pisses of everyone
    And gret job on this work
    Thanks! Glad you like it, haha.
    @Complixity
    Oh, I know. The interviews are great.

Minion+ since 07.22.2016

Member since 05.13.2012

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Psychotic For This Useful Post:

Delko DJ (08-04-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    I'm surprised @Polo didn't pick me as the annoying one
    BALD ALLAH OF MPGH
    League of Legends God & Previous Minion

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Earlier this week, Thunder, a well known Global Moderator on MPGH had infact broken MPGH
    By doing what exactly?
    Donate:
    BTC: 1GEny3y5tsYfw8E8A45upK6PKVAEcUDNv9

Handy Tools/Hacks:
    Extreme Injector v3.7.3
    A powerful and advanced injector in a simple GUI.
    Can scramble DLLs on injection making them harder to detect and even make detected hacks work again!

Minion Since: 13th January 2011
    Moderator Since: 6th May 2011
    Global Moderator Since: 29th April 2012
    Super User/Unknown Since: 23rd July 2013
    'Game Hacking' Team Since: 30th July 2013

--My Art--
    [Roxas - Pixel Art, WIP]
    [Natsu - Drawn]
    [Natsu - Coloured]

All drawings are coloured using Photoshop.

--Gifts--
    [Kyle]

15. The Following User Says Thank You to master131 For This Useful Post:

M4j0rl4g (08-04-2012)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by master131 View Post

By doing what exactly?
    I honestly don't know haha. All I know is tundead brokeded MPGH.

Minion+ since 07.22.2016

Member since 05.13.2012

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Dammit @TUNDERAT, stop being a rat please.
    Donate:
    BTC: 1GEny3y5tsYfw8E8A45upK6PKVAEcUDNv9

Handy Tools/Hacks:
    Extreme Injector v3.7.3
    A powerful and advanced injector in a simple GUI.
    Can scramble DLLs on injection making them harder to detect and even make detected hacks work again!

Minion Since: 13th January 2011
    Moderator Since: 6th May 2011
    Global Moderator Since: 29th April 2012
    Super User/Unknown Since: 23rd July 2013
    'Game Hacking' Team Since: 30th July 2013

--My Art--
    [Roxas - Pixel Art, WIP]
    [Natsu - Drawn]
    [Natsu - Coloured]

All drawings are coloured using Photoshop.

--Gifts--
    [Kyle]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmadtaha26 View Post
    I'm surprised @Polo didn't pick me as the annoying one
    ??????????

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    "Many Olympians have gone through much pain, and stress"?

I'm the only one who did a legitimate entry

Nice release though

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast