Thread: 5.56 vs. 7.62

Thanks

5.56 vs. 7.62

In conventional warfare which would you prefer for a fighting force?

I guess you could add another round like the .308 or the .233 if you want but what would you guys prefer for warfare?

On another note what would you guys keep around in your house to stockpile?

Please do your homework, this is Debate and not General.
    Last edited by Commander X; 08-05-2012 at 01:05 AM.
    [IMG]https://i1213.photobucke*****m/albums/cc463/masks1/my_loving_flame_by_mj_magic-d5gkrqk.jpg[/IMG]

"Christian Bible, the Gospel of Mark, chapter five, verse nine. We acknowledge this as an appropriate metaphor. We are Legion, a terminal of the Geth. We will integrate into Normandy."
    -Legion

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    5.56 hands down. It is lighter then its 7.62 counterpart and is the same if not more deadly on impact. Shit it even has a higher velocity.

For a stockpile? m16's, no better rifle in history.
    "If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."

-Benjamin Franklin
    ^One of our (our as in American no offence to non Americans) Founding Fathers and one of my personal heroes.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    7.62 all day of the weak.

I've heard too many stories about the 5.56 not having enough stopping power in combat situations,
    especially if the enemy is doped up on something like adrenaline, or a shitload of coke.
    You shouldn't have to go full auto with a rifle in combat situations, that's what a SAW/LMG is for,
    to provide suppressive fire. Any trained infantrymen wants to use single or burst shots concentrated towards an enemies vital areas.
    With the 7.62 there is no need to double tap man. You put one through someones chest, and that shits leaving a hole you can see through.
    You can also put them through walls, and fire into engine blocks with them.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    7.62 all day of the weak.

I've heard too many stories about the 5.56 not having enough stopping power in combat situations,
    especially if the enemy is doped up on something like adrenaline, or a shitload of coke.
    You shouldn't have to go full auto with a rifle in combat situations, that's what a SAW/LMG is for,
    to provide suppressive fire. Any trained infantrymen wants to use single or burst shots concentrated towards an enemies vital areas.
    With the 7.62 there is no need to double tap man. You put one through someones chest, and that shits leaving a hole you can see through.
    You can also put them through walls, and fire into engine blocks with them.
    Yes I heard that happened during the Vietnam war and I wouldn't have been surprised if that happened during Operation Gothic Serpent. I would also go with the 7.62 but I would still double tap just to be sure. I also think the 7.62 is slightly bulkier compared to the NATO round but its a trade I'm willing to make becasue of the immense stopping capabilities and the intense penetration.
    [IMG]https://i1213.photobucke*****m/albums/cc463/masks1/my_loving_flame_by_mj_magic-d5gkrqk.jpg[/IMG]

"Christian Bible, the Gospel of Mark, chapter five, verse nine. We acknowledge this as an appropriate metaphor. We are Legion, a terminal of the Geth. We will integrate into Normandy."
    -Legion

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    NATO 7.62mm x 51 Guaranteed to fuck shit up.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    My Karabiner 98k(1944) is rechambered for 7.62! Awesome round!
    “Those who control the past, control the future: who controls the present controls the past” ~ George Orwell

Its me, Dreamgun

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    I'd prefer the 5.56

VIP Support // May 2011
    CF Minion // January 2012
    Newsforce // August 2012
    Minion+ // March 2013
    Moderator // August 2014
    Former Staff // January 2015
    General Minion // July 2015