Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored

Lightbulb Advanced Snipping Tool

I'm trying to make a snipping tool (like the one that comes with windows), but I have a few problems.

First of all, you may ask, why would I want to make a program that does the same thing that already exists on windows?
    Well, I'm going to add an option for full screen and being able to select a certain window and taking a image of just that. I'm also going to add an Uploader (most likely for Imgur)

Anyways, I've googled this for awhile, and I did find one method. You have to use another form to choose the coordinates. But I was wondering if anyone knew of a method that could be like the same thing as the Snipping tool, where you just click and drag your mouse to crop your coordinates.

I also can't find a method where you can select a window and take a screen shot of that.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    One day I tried to play around with printscreening closed windows. (You really cant since its not being draw)

Found a way, making it invisible, opening it open, taking the screenshot, minimize it and make it visible again. (in a few ms)

Cant help you exactly with the rest tho, not sure how that could work, never really tried tbh. :\ But I guess WinAPI should have something more to help you with that, which I might have missed, usually happens.
    Light travels faster than sound. That's why most people seem bright until you hear them speak.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    I could give you my snippet for draging a custom area and location to take the SS in but idk if I wanna do that o:

Thanks
    Make a custom form, so make a transparent region in the middle, then make the form back colour (or just the sides) a different colour, and add code so upon clicking them, it changes the size.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by raow25 View Post
    Make a custom form, so make a transparent region in the middle, then make the form back colour (or just the sides) a different colour, and add code so upon clicking them, it changes the size.
    Yes, this is what I had mentioned. This is the method I don't want to use. I want to know how to use the method that the Snipping Tool uses.

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgy Dawg View Post
    I could give you my snippet for draging a custom area and location to take the SS in but idk if I wanna do that o:
    The same thing the Snipping Tool uses? If so, contact me if you change your mind.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Exact same .
    Quote Originally Posted by PepsiXHacker View Post

Yes, this is what I had mentioned. This is the method I don't want to use. I want to know how to use the method that the Snipping Tool uses.

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

The same thing the Snipping Tool uses? If so, contact me if you change your mind.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DawgiiStylz For This Useful Post:

Cryptonic (08-11-2012)