Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Car Classes – Events and Match-Making

By now we hope that everyone understands just how many features are going to be affected by Car Classes in Need for Speed World. We know that it will affect Cars, Handling/Acceleration/Top Speed, Performance Customization and the Safehouse but today we’re going to talk about the upcoming changes to Events and Match-Making.

With events, we’re introducing a new system called “Events-of-the-Day”. Each day there will be about 12 – 15 different events available in the world for all players to join. Every game mode (Sprint, Circuit, Team Escape, Pursuit Outrun & Meeting Place) will always be available every day, and the range of events will dynamically change at midnight GMT.

At the same time, events will no longer be locked by driver level. After Car Classes is released all players will be able to access any available event regardless of their level.

The next change to events is their restrictions; Tier-restricted events are no more. Instead, there will be two categories of events:

Open Event – Any car can be used in an open event
    Class Event – Can only be raced with a specific class of car as determined by the event restriction

With the new event restrictions players are going to have to dig into their garage and dust off some cars that they may not have driven in a while if they want to race in all the daily events!

Since events are going to change every day and have new restrictions the team also took some time to revamp the World Map and Race Gadget interface. Essentially we cleaned them up making it easy and simple to use.

One thing to note is that the ‘Race Now’ feature will still function as the fastest way to join any race. Essentially, whenever you hit Race Now (the “N” button in the top middle of the HUD), you will be automatically queued for all events that you are eligible to join, i.e all Open Events and any Class Events which match the class of your current car.

In regards to Match-making, we have updated the match-making system to take all the Car Classes changes into account so players should be matched up against opponents of similar skill and car class as much as possible. As part of this optimization, the maximum number of players for any multiplayer event has also been reduced from 8-players to 6-players.

The next Car Classes blog will be posted on Monday (August 20) and we’ll be discussing a very popular topic within the Need for Speed World community – Rewards & the Lucky Draw!
    TROLL
    add me on P4F: .:N00B:.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Quote Originally Posted by omar911 View Post
    With events, we’re introducing a new system called “Events-of-the-Day”. Each day there will be about 12 – 15 different events available in the world for all players to join. Every game mode (Sprint, Circuit, Team Escape, Pursuit Outrun & Meeting Place) will always be available every day, and the range of events will dynamically change at midnight GMT.
    And this is the part of the new update I would hate. I knew I'd eventually find one.
    No longer can I race certain track with friends. I have to just hope its open that day...

They are only doing this so people don't realize how dead this game is. Now people are forced to be in 12-15 different tracks each day... You'll see more people in each races.
    Instead of them being spread out over 50 different ones.

Sneeky EA, sneeky.

Thanks
    Go to the EA Forums and post to the thread. They should really listen to "all" community.