Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Combat arms error Solutions

*This is a compilation of known common Technical Issues and solutions for Combat Arms.

I-Game does not Launch from Website

I'm trying to launch the game from the website, but I still can't start the game!
    The #1 solution to this problem is to clear your Temporary Internet Files as well as the Browser Cache and then refresh the page.
    u can do it by using CCleaner or by going to properties of : internet and Clearing Cookies & Temporary Internet , Browser Cache for all Common Browsers.
    Also make sure your "Nexon Game Controller" plug-in for your browser is enabled, otherwise it won't work.

Note:
    If this does not solve the problem run Combat Arms the old way as suggested here:

1. Double-click on your Combat Arms folder (the default location is C:\Nexon\Combat Arms)
    2. Double-click on the icon labeled CombatArms_Direct.exe
    3. This should launch Combat Arms the old way, and will bring up the login screen. You can then login with your Nexon Passport ID to play Combat Arms.

If the solutions above do not work it may be an indication that there is something wrong with your client or PC and not the website itself.
    However, please post Here in the Mpgh CA Help Section with details and we hope we can find the solution for you're probleme.

• Category: Tech Support / Bug Report
    • Subcategory: Website
    • Subject: Problems launching Combat Arms from Website
    • Body: Begin with the phrase “Problems launching Combat Arms from Website”, and include:

1. Details of your operating system,
    2. Which browser you were attempting to launch Combat Arms from
    3. A brief description of what happened

II-Buying NX online or doing NX ******s gives me "Error Code: 0"
    I receive Error Code= 0 when buying NX online or try to complete NX ******s.
    This means you have been banned from using this feature.
    There is absolutely nothing you can do to get help with this.
    However, you may contact the Costumer Support through the ticket system to help clarify or remove the ban.

I-Totally Black screen after launching

I get a black screen when I launch Combat Arms. All I see is my mouse cursor. Why is this happening?
    Alt+Tab out and make sure that your firewall and anti-virus software are not blocking the game and are set to allow Combat Arms.
    This usually happens with ZoneAlarm Firewall.

I-Messenger is blank/Clan Chat not working
    Messenger is blank/Clan Chat not working
    This may happen randomly if your connection was disrupted or inconsistent while logging in. Close Combat Arms and relogin to fix the issue.

Random: I encounter this issue far more frequently when I use CombatArms_Direct.exe as opposed to using the website to login.
    If it happens every time your start Combat Arms, your firewall, anti-virus, or router are blocking the services necessary to run it.
    Check to make sure they aren't being blocked, specifically "NMMessenger.exe".

(possible myth) - Sometimes after a patch, the server that manages these services may be down for a day or so, or may have difficulties re-establishing their connection to their clients. - (possible myth)

III-Black screen when in smoke or fire
    I get a black screen whenever I run into Gas or Fire or out of bounds in Cabin Fever and Black Lung.
    This is an issue caused by having a graphics card that does not fully support TnL Rendering (Transform and Lighting), or a Graphics Card that has outdated drivers.
    A very large percentage of Integrated Graphics Chipset users will experience this problem.
    All I can say to that is: Buy an actual, real graphics card.
    Very rarely is this caused by outdated drivers, you can try to update your drivers to see if this resolves the issue. Most likely it won't.
    You can only see how to update you're graphic card on this probleme.

IV-"Artifacts" or Graphical glitches appear on screen
    I see weird triangle shapes (Artifacts) or colors on my screen.
    This can have many causes ranging from unstable or overheated hardware to corrupted or outdated graphics drivers.

I suggest you update your drivers and obtain some form of hardware temp monitor that your motherboard or graphics card supports and check to make sure they don't go over.
    Also, if you are overclocking, this is a clear sign that you have done something wrong.
    See Updating you're Graphic Card for more details on checking and updating your graphics drivers.

If you have an Integrated Graphics Chipset and you experience this problem:
    All I can say to that is--buy an actual, real graphics card.

V-Black Screen at Character Creation screen and in Shop
    I get a black screen when I go to create my character or enter the shop
    This can have many causes ranging from poor performance and sub-par hardware to corrupted or outdated graphics drivers.
    Very rarely is this caused by outdated drivers, you can try to update your drivers to see if this resolves the issue. Most likely it won't.
    See Updating Graphic Card for more details on checking and updating your graphics drivers.

If you have an Integrated Graphics Chipset and you experience this problem, all I can say to that is:
    I'm sorry, but buy an actual, real graphics card to play games. =/

VI-Clan search/settings page is entirely white/blank
    When I click "Manage clan" or "Clan Search" the screen is white?!
    So far it seems that installing Internet Explorer 9 Beta will cause issues with the Game client.
    If you have installed the IE9 Beta, it is recommended that you uninstall it to resolve this issue.

How to uninstall:

1. Click "Start/Windows Orb"
    2. Select "Control Panel"
    3. Choose "Add or Remove Programs"
    4. Check the box "Show Updates"

Look for the IE9 Beta update and remove it, your system should revert to IE8

Other

I-In-Game recorder video fails to play correctly

I can't play back the videos I recorded in-game or they play back too fast to see anything
    You need the proper codecs installed in order to play those video files correctly. Get the K-Lite codec pack.

"Basic" should be sufficient.
    or Codes

This is a compilation of known common Error Codes and solutions.

If the solution does not work or the Error Code you have is not listed here please post it in this thread or u may Contact me via VM/PM so I can correct or add it.

ErrorCode= -22 / ErrorCode= 30022 / Error Code= PI, 300022
    Combat Arms is for North America and Australia, if you are outside of Nexon America's service area you will receive this error.

ErrorCode= -21/30021
    This means that your Nexon account has not yet been verified. Check your email and follow the instructions to verify your account.

ErrorCode= PI, 30004
    This means that your account had been blocked by the administration due to an infringement of the Terms of Use.

ErrorCode= -40

The installation files are corrupted. There are several reasons why this may happen.

1. Your system might be instable or an application might be interfering with the installation process. Reboot your computer and try installing the game again.
    2. Your Temporary Internet files might need to be cleared.
    3. For Internet Explorer users: Click on Tools, select Internet Options and click on Temporary Internet files (or "Delete…") from the General tab. Select "Delete Files". This may take several minutes. Once it's done, download Combat Arms again.
    4. For Firefox users: Click on Tools, select "Clear Private Data" and then click on "Clear Private Data Now". Once it's done, download Combat Arms again.
    5. Your download manager could be corrupting the downloaded files. If you have a software that you use to manage or accelerate your downloads, we suggest that you turn it off and download Combat Arms without it.

ErrorCode= -60 / ErrorCode= 10060 / Error Code= -2,10060
    This error may result from a temporary traffic overload or routing failure.

1. The servers might be congested. Wait a little bit and try again.
    2. The servers might be going under maintenance. Click here to find out.
    3. Your firewall or anti-virus software might be blocking Combat Arms. Make sure that they are set to allow Combat Arms.

ErrorCode= -30 / ErrorCode= -31
    These errors mean that Combat Arms is damaged and will not be able to run. Your system might be unstable. Reboot your computer and try again.
    If you are still receiving these errors then some game files might be corrupted.

1. Uninstall Combat Arms from the Add/Remove programs option from the control panel
    2. Download Combat Arms
    3. Reinstall Combat Arms

ErrorCode= -50
    This error means that the game was unable to patch properly. The downloaded data might be corrupted.

• Reboot your computer and try again.
    • Your Temporary Internet files might need to be cleared first.
    • Your download manager could be corrupting the downloaded files. If you have a software that you use to manage or accelerate your downloads, we suggest that you turn it off and download Combat Arms without it.

Failed to verify user. Please retry. [8 ]
    Try running CombatArms_Direct.exe located in "C:/Nexon/Combat Arms"
    Another solution is to change your account password on the Nexon CA Website.

ErrorCode= -10
    This error is rare. Rebooting the computer should resolve this issue.

ErrorCode= -11
    The system is running an outdated or unsupported version of DirectX.
    Download and install the most up to date version of DirectX.

ErrorCode= -12
    This error occurs when the executable file cannot be found.
    Rebooting the system should resolve this issue. If that doesn't work, download Combat Arms and reinstall the game.

ErrorCode= -13
    This error can occur due to network instability or a temporary overload in traffic which results in a failure to download the program.
    Try rebooting the system to fix this error. If that doesn't fix the problem, delete the Temporary Internet Files from the system.

1. For Internet Explorer users: Click on Tools, select Internet Options and click on Temporary Internet files (or "Delete…") from the General tab. Select "Delete Files". This may take several minutes. Once it's done, download Combat Arms again.
    2. For Firefox users: Click on Tools, select "Clear Private Data" and then click on "Clear Private Data Now". Once it's done, download Combat Arms again.

ErrorCode= -14

This error can occur due to network instability or a temporary overload in user traffic which results in a failure to download the program.
    Try rebooting the system to fix this error.
    If that doesn't fix the problem, the game may be blocked by an anti-virus program or a firewall, so contact your network provider to remove the block and try again.
    Another option is to download Combat Arms and reinstall the game.

Cannot Locate NGM Module

There are numerous reasons why this could be happening. A first step would be to reboot your computer.
    If that did not solve the issue, make sure to add NGM.exe to the safe list of your anti-virus.
    NGM is the Nexon Game Manager and might be blocked or getting deleted by your anti-virus every time you install or run Combat Arms.

ErrorCode= -20
    The game information file is corrupt and the system cannot read it. download Combat Arms and reinstall the game.

GetDeviceCaps () failed!
    There are a number of causes for this error, all of which are related to your graphics card.
    Usually this means Combat Arms could not determine what kind of graphics card you have and what it is capable of rendering.

• The most common reason is not having the proper drivers installed for your graphics card or having an outdated driver.
      • See Updating you're Graphic Cards for more details on checking and updating your graphics drivers.

• The second most common cause is having graphics card that does not support Combat Arms. At this point you will have to obtain a better graphics card in order to play.

IDS_APP_SHUTDOWN_1
    So far this error has been confirmed to occur when your PC is incapable of rendering Combat Arms due to a Graphics Hardware or Software limitation.
    You may also see this error right after a "GetDeviceCaps () failed!" message.

• Check to see if your graphics drivers are properly installed and if your card supports TnL rendering.
    • See Updating you're Graphic Cards for more details on checking and updating your graphics drivers.
    • It is also possible to receive this error if you hack or have malware/viruses on your PC as you have been denied a connection to the server for security reasons.

Failed to update protection modules! - Error Code [0x30000030]
    You may encounter this error if Internet Explorer is in "Work Offline" mode. To correct this issue:

• Open Internet Explorer
    • Under "File" on the top menu bar select "Work Offline" so that it is not checked

If this does not resolve your issue it may be because of a firewall and routing issue or your PC is infected with spyware/malware.

ErrorCode= 204
    You may need to manually update your Hacksheild, -Hime- Provided a how-to (Thank you -Hime-):

If you are getting frequent disconnections, there's a good chance that your Hackshield folder is not updating properly when you start Combat Arms.
    Please follow these steps in an attempt to resolve the issue:

1. Reboot your computer
    2. Launch Combat Arms and see if you still get disconnected. If you are, proceed to Step 3. 3. Erase the HShield folder and all files within. This folder can be found in the Combat Arms installation folder (usually located in the C Drive - C:\Nexon\Combat Arms).
    3. Download the newest files
    4. Extract the contents of the ZIP (rar.) file you downloaded in the Combat Arms installation folder. A new HShield folder will be created.
    5. Run the game

If this does not resolve the issue, please uninstall the client and redownload the Full Client.
    -Combat Arms Command-

Server Error: 65
    You may receive this Error when you:

• Try to renew an item that is above your rank level.
    • Open the GIFT-N case

This is an Error caused by Nexon's Servers and cannot be resolved by the client or player.

To get help with the GIFT-N issue, submit a ticket under:

• Game: Combat Arms
    • Category: Game Related
    • Subcategory: Bug/Glitch - Other
    • Subject: opening GIFT-N gives me "Server error (Error: 65)"
    • Body: A brief descr1ption of what happened:
      • Why did you receive the case?
      • When did you receive it?
      • When did you try to open it?
      • Can you provide a screen shot of you receiving the error?

Remember: Be polite and concise while still providing as much detail as possible.

There is no other help that you can receive through the forums other than confirming that others have had the same issue.
    An official announcement may even be made regarding a possible fix for the issue if it proves to be problematic for many, that is up to Nexon to decide.

if u are getting FPS lag try to use GameBooster so it will increase you're FPS from 20~30 , but if you are getting Connection lag you can try to use better internet or using WTFast wich it help to decrease ur ping from 20~40.PS and what it means

FPS (Frames Per Second) represent the number of frames rendered by your PC and graphics card within that second.
    The human eye perceives an object to be in continuous motion at about 25-30 frames a second.
    If your PC can't maintain that speed, things will start to appear slow or "laggy".

The average PC monitor refreshes at about 60 times a second, the thing is, those 60 times might not be in sync with those... lets say, 35 frames a second.
    For completely "lag-free" gameplay, It would have to have higher fps than what your monitor could display, otherwise you might detect the subtle de-synce.

I "feel" heavier whenever my fps drops below 60 (way too many background programs at a time), I try to keep mine up at around 150-200 on average by ensuring there's nothing else running.

You can download Fraps that is a tool with a very small footprint that can tell you your in-game fps. (i dont know if the link for fraps website is considering an outside link anyways you can try to google it ).

(Note: You do not need to buy Fraps in order to use the FPS counter.)

Hardware Performance issues

There are 2 Major and 1 Minor Hardware factors that impacts your PC's FPS in regards to games.

1. Your CPU (Central Processing Unit)
    2. Your Graphics Card
    3. RAM - Random Access Memory

CPU (Central Processing Unit)

You could have the worlds best Graphics card, but if your CPU is too slow to keep up, those awesome graphical instructions and calculations from your GPU will be worthless. It would have to sit and wait for the CPU to catch up all the time.

I, personally, would recommend running Combat Arms with a Dual Core 2.4 GHz or above.

There is no noticeable advantage to running Combat Arms on a Quad core at 2.4Ghz as apposed to a Dual Core at 2.4GHz. In fact, a Quad core at 2.0GHz is actually worse than a Dual core at 2.4GHz for Combat Arms. It just doesn't take advantage of multi-cores in that way.
    Don't take this the wrong way though, a multicore is still better than a single core because it can run the background applications and OS on the other cores without eating into the Combat Arms' usage.

I've tried tests with a Pentium 4 clocked at 3 GHz and the absolute best ATI card you can buy for an AGP slot on a motherboard. (AGP is outdated but I believe it is still fully capable of running CA without lag if you have the right graphics card).

I installed and stripping the Operating System down to the bare bones so that all it could do is run Combat Arms and the very basics it needs to keep Windows XP stable. The game runs ok... but in a full 16 player game the fps is low enough that I start to get really frustrated.

A single core simply does not meet the optimum performance level for this game anymore. Enabling Hyper-Threading on the core did provide for a small boost, but it still was not at my personal "tolerance" zone.
    Basically, if you're running a single core, we can try to reduce "lag" for you, but not remove it entirely. This is a hardware limitation on your end.

Graphics card

If you have a desktop computer and you are using an integrated graphics chipset all I can say to that is:
    Buy an actual, real graphics card before you play games.

You're taxing your CPU to do what your GPU would normally do, cutting deeply into your processing power. If anyone want's to know why their pistols jam when they click fast, it's because your CPU is too slow, or you don't have a GPU and you're forcing your CPU to compensate. This draws away from the number of cycles it can put in to scan&process your "user input" of clicking the mouse and translate it over to firing the gun in the game.

All you need is a card that can support TnL rendering and have at least 256MB of on-board Ram, I'd recommend 512MB or greater for best results. I believe GenerolHavoc had prepared a list of supported graphics cards in the past...

If your graphics card slot is AGP, you're screwed.

Just kidding, you just need to buy one of the higher end AGP cards to play well, they aren't even that expensive anymore (since they're outdated). You still might not be able to play on high settings or record good fraps videos though, so I'd recommend getting a new motherboard or PC with PCI-E 16x or greater slots in the near future.

RAM (Random Access Memory)

Ram stores all of the information an data for the game in a quick, easy to access "cache".

If you go over your RAM limit your PC will start what is known as "thrashing", or constantly read/writing to the hard drive because it ran out of space in the active memory buffer.
    This is Extremely BAD, as it is incredibly slow compared to normal RAM standards and continuous operation like that can dramatically shorten the lifespan of your hard drive disks.

The average modern PC has about 4 Gigs of RAM. CA can use up to 1 Gig of RAM, but averages 500K-700k which is fairly normal, if not a bit below by today's game standards.
    Depending on what version of windows you have, your RAM requirements for CA may differ:

• Windows XP - 1.5 Gigs of RAM
    • Windows Vista - 2.5 Gigs of RAM or greater
    • Windows 7 - 2 Gigs of RAM

Differences in RAM types and speeds can have a small effect on in-game load times, but there is not other major impact on performance as long as you are not over your RAM limit.erformance Issues

I-Updating and checking Graphics Drivers

To see if your graphics card drivers are installed properly:

• Click "Start" and right click on "My Computer".
    • From the context menu, choose "Manage". (you may encounter an error if you are not an administrator)
    • Under the "System Tools" heading on the left side panel of the window that popped up there should be a section called "Device Manager", click it.
    • Under "Display Adapters" should be listed what your current graphics card is and if the drivers are running correctly. (if the card is not named, and there is only listed "Generic VGA Adapter" then your drivers are not installed correctly)

To obtain the latest drivers for your Graphics Card:

• Go to your PC's support site and look for Video Driver Downloads under your PC's model number.

II-Gamebooster

GameBooster is a fairly simple program that has the ability to defragment the game's files for better read/write times (Loading times) and reduce the number of known unessential Windows services giving you 50MB+ of RAM freed and 1-5% CPU or more back. It's only a handful of drops in the bucket, but when it comes to reducing Lag, every drop counts.
    Gamebooster II also offers a number of extra options
    One of them is to perform a small number of system performance tweaks that can also add a few more drops to your "lag reduction bucket".
    (Note: None of these performance tweaks are highly impacting in terms of performance, but may possibly user experience, functionality, and day-to-day usage. These Changes are reversible if a change is determined to be undesireable.
    The other option is to scan your system for outdated drivers, I have not determined yet how effective this scan is.

Credits :
    - ptran696
    - Nxtreme
    - Naifail
    -
    Tu®n][OnZzZzZ

If i made a Mistake or i forgot to add something try to contact me via :

VM or PM

Last edited by Intellectual; 08-28-2012 at 11:53 AM.

Thanks
    If this does not resolve your issue it may be because of a firewall and routing issue or your PC is infected with spyware/malware.

Thanks to ptran696 for pointing this out.
    Seems like C+P to me since I searched up this "ptran696" on mpgh and found no results

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Complixity View Post

Seems like C+P to me since I searched up this "ptran696" on mpgh and found no results
    yes i C+P from different websites

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tu®n][OnZzZzZ View Post

yes i C+P from different websites
    Be honest, did you or did you not C+P?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Be honest, did you or did you not C+P?
    what do you think , ye i did copied info from different websites ofc

Thanks

what do you think , ye i did copied info from different websites ofc
    If you did then give credits to the people but not the websites since that would be considered advertisement in a way.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Implify For This Useful Post:

Intellectual (08-28-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

If you did then give credits to the people but not the websites since that would be considered advertisement in a way.
    oops thx bro i will add them

Thanks

oops thx bro i will add them
    Now that's how you do it.

NOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOB
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    There is a thread on this made like 2 years ago.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by .REZJr View Post
    There is a thread on this made like 2 years ago.
    idk i wasnt hear before 2 years ago /

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Seems you put a lot of thought into this. Good Job

NOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOB
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Egghead1019 View Post
    Seems you put a lot of thought into this. Good Job
    He didn't write this, this is C+P. @.REZ does this belong in tutorial section?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by .REZJr View Post

He didn't write this, this is C+P. @.REZ does this belong in tutorial section?
    I've said that already though

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

I've said that already though
    I'm just explaining it to him, he probably didn't read your reply.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Credits are at the bottom.
    /moved to tutorials.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast