Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad

NZ studied more than a thousand individuals for 40 years - discovered pot smokers...

NZ studied more than a thousand individuals for 40 years - discovered pot smokers experience a permanent drop in IQ, especially during stages of brain-development(to about 19 years old.) as well as through mid-life.

Teenage pot smoking may lower IQ
    Persistent cannabis users show neuropsychological decline from childhood to midlife
    Adolescent pot use leaves lasting mental deficits

Over a thousand people, for 40 years, seems like a pretty legit experiment to me. It was performed in NZ (and afaik broadcasted on some of their news stations) so if someone in NZ can find a better source...

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

Thanks
    Brace yourselves, pot smokers who will deny this and say weed is good for you no matter what are coming

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by InCognito View Post
    Brace yourselves, pot smokers who will deny this and say weed is good for you no matter what are coming
    QFT .

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

Thanks
    That's all they'll ever say.

Thanks
    Aren't you a pot smoker as well?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by noob555 View Post
    Aren't you a pot smoker as well?
    Doesn't mean I'm oblivious to the fact that shit like this does occur. I've settled down a bit when I started to get really bad anxiety when smoking pot. Don't smoke as much.

Thanks

Doesn't mean I'm oblivious to the fact that shit like this does occur. I've settled down a bit when I started to get really bad anxiety when smoking pot. Don't smoke as much.
    I've never smoked in my life. I've been thinking about it but after seeing all these study's being published recently, I'm not sure if I should.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Wasted 40 years of their lives to figure out that, LOL.
    I like to smoke weed on occasions and I know heavy pot smokers, and they aren't the brightest.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Been smoking for awhile now. Pot benefited me in some ways. I think I realize who I really was when I started to smoke. I think it makes you think alot about your life when your high. Well at least me.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Of course it's true, pot (like all drugs from aspirin to zolpidem) has negative side effects.

The study has shown that CHRONIC use of pot while the brain is developing is bad, and I wouldn't dispute that at all. IMO people (especially teens) need to learn that pot isn't totally harmless and needs to be treated with some respect. That being said, I'm a teenager and do enjoy smoking pot -- but that doesn't mean I do it every other day.

Why can't people learn to do things in moderation

R.I.P a great GM

Quote Originally Posted by Assalamu alaikum View Post
    what? maybe stop talk with riddles and with words i am not even know.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Physcadelic View Post
    Of course it's true, pot (like all drugs from aspirin to zolpidem) has negative side effects.

The study has shown that CHRONIC use of pot while the brain is developing is bad, and I wouldn't dispute that at all. IMO people (especially teens) need to learn that pot isn't totally harmless and needs to be treated with some respect. That being said, I'm a teenager and do enjoy smoking pot -- but that doesn't mean I do it every other day.

This ^

Everything that is ingested, injected, inhaled should all be done so in moderation according to the severity of the side effects. Just about anything and everything will have some sort of negative side effect if taken too much. This study is just flogging a dead horse.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by Physcadelic View Post

True, but where an IQ of 100 is average, thats roughly 8% drop in intellegence (which is a lot.) a drop of approximately 14 (to 86 IQ) would make you mentally retarded. A drop in 8 IQ would get you more than half-way there.

Neither of the other products caused this sort of damage. Other 'harmful' common frequent encounters decrease one's life span by virtually a matter of seconds (really, from like the age of 92 to like 86. At that age, gravity cripples you); along with that they are more or less unavoidable.
    Last edited by radnomguywfq3; 08-30-2012 at 06:50 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    "from childhood to midlife"

The brain stops developing around the age of 23, so if you smoke a high volume of cannabis regularly before your brain stops developing it's obvious that one will have some sort of neurological disorder. There is no proof that smoking a high volume of cannabis regularly after your brain stops developing causes any sort of problem. A lot of activists agree that the regulation/legalization of medical/recreational cannabis should only be available for those who are past the age of brain development.

VIP Support // May 2011
    CF Minion // January 2012
    Newsforce // August 2012
    Minion+ // March 2013
    Moderator // August 2014
    Former Staff // January 2015
    General Minion // July 2015
    Publicist // December 2015