Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Jailbreak Question

I have dead island and I want to hack it, so I was wondering if I jailbreak my ps3 and play OFFLINE and hack it to whatever I want and save (plan on lvling up and getting some weapons), then if I unjailbreak it would I be able to keep all the weapons I got through hacks and play online again?

My guess is that it will work, but I don't want to screw anything up which is why I plan on doing this for just one game... Also should I stay logged out of the Playstation Network when I do this?

Thanks in advance =)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Your making it sound as if you are ultimately experienced in jailbreaking and jailbreaking is extremely easy.

Let me pop some of your bubbles.

Jailbreaking is EXTREMELY complicated. Especially since there has just been a new firmware released for the PS3. Jailbreaks that are out for the PS3 are only compatible with 3.55 or below firmware, and I'm pretty sure you've updated to 4.25 already, no? So, in order to get to 3.55, you'd have to 'downgrade'. In order to downgrade, you'd need a E3 flasher which can be bought for a certain price online. This E3 flasher requires a lot of knowledge in order to install + function it. I personally do not know how to work an E3 flasher, but it can be easily found on the E3 website itself (Google it). After downgrading, you'd need 2 HDDs, or if you can afford two PS3s, have one at 3.55 CFW and the other at 4.25 OFW in order to sign in on PSN. If you want to stick with one PS3 and not waste another 300 bucks on another PS3, get another HDD with the amount of space that suits your needs. Once you are on 3.55, then you start the jailbreaking process in order to get a customized firmware. After jailbreaking successfully, you'd need to install PKGs to modify patches in games, accordingly.

There's a lot more that I did not mention, simply because my wrists are in pain from writing this "essay". If you are mildly interested in jailbreaking and need further assistance, feel free to VM me for help and I'll kindly help you IF I have spare time.