Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    سبحان الله وبحمدة سبحان الله العظيم
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

Quran and modern Science

Please take your time and read everything below or some if you don't want ... I will be providing some facts about the outer space and so...
    every statement will be supported with a verse from the Quran : (I will be posting more of these but I need some time to translate)

"God is the one who created the night, the day, the sun, and the moon. Each one is
    traveling in an orbit with its own motion." (21:33)

Modern scientific knowledge has shown that our galaxy revolves on its own axis. The sun is
    located eccentrically and thus revolves in an orbit around the center of the galaxy. This was not
    known to man 1400 years ago. The concept of motion of the heavenly bodies with an orbit of
    their own belongs to modern science. Earlier scientists regarded the sun as a stationary object.

"Has thou not seen how God merges the night into the day and merges the day into the
    night?" (31:29)

"He coils the day upon the night and coils the night upon the day." (39:5)

Astronauts have described the appearance of the Earth from space. The sun lights up half of
    the earth facing it and the other half is dark. As the earth rotates on its axis, the darker areas
    come to light, and the light areas merge into darkness. This is easy to understand at the present
    time. However, 1400 years ago this knowledge did not exist. In those days the earth was
    mistakenly thought to be flat and at the center of the universe. Modern scientific data are in full
    agreement with the Qur’anic description.

"God subjected the sun and the moon, each one runs its course to an appointed term."
    (33:2)

Modern science has estimated the age of the sun and has also estimated when it will run out
    of hydrogen and will cool off. Modern astronomy has discovered that the solar system is moving
    towards a point in the constellation of Hercules, named the Solar Apex.

"The heaven, we have built it with power. Verily, we are expanding it." (51:47)
    The gradual expansion of the universe is one of the most important discoveries of modern
    times.

"O Assembly of Jinn (spirits) and men, if you can penetrate regions of the heavens and
    the earth, then penetrate them! You will not penetrate them save with a power." (55:33)

This refers to man's entry into space and the exploration of the depths of the Earth.

"We sent down water from the sky in measure, and lodged it in the ground. And we
    certainly are able to withdraw it. Therewith for you, we gave rise to gardens of palm
    trees and vineyards." (23:18-19)

@Ethereal - heres some verses that show facts and the modern science just discovered it recently :

"No! If he does not desist, We will surely drag him by the forelock" & "A lying, sinning forelock" . (96:15-16)

Scientists have recently discovered that a significant activity occurs in the upper front part of the brain (forelock) when the man lies or make specific errors. Therefore scientists have decided that the center of lying and error in humans is in the upper front part of the brain which is called the frontal lobe.

The Quran described the upper front part of the humans' brain (forelock) with two properties lying and error. It was proved for doctors recently the relation between this region and lying and error in humans, they had no knowledge of that at the time of the descent of this verse. Therefore this verse is considered to be one of the signs of the miraculous nature of the holy Quran and that it is a book that doesn't contradict with the definite science.

"We have already sent Our messengers with clear evidences and sent down with them the Scripture and the balance that the people may maintain [their affairs] in justice. And We sent down iron, wherein is great military might and benefits for the people, and so that Allah may make evident those who support Him and His messengers unseen. Indeed, Allah is Powerful and Exalted in Might." (57:25)

The word "anzalna," translated as "sent down" and used for iron in the verse, could be thought of having a metaphorical meaning to explain that iron has been given to benefit people. But, when we take into consideration the literal meaning of the word, which is, "being physically sent down from the sky," as in the case of rain and Sun rays, we realize that this verse implies a very significant scientific miracle. Because, modern astronomical findings have disclosed that the iron found in our world has come from giant stars in outer space.

"Until, when they came upon the valley of the ants, an ant said, "O ants, enter your dwellings that you not be crushed by Solomon and his soldiers while they perceive not." (27:18)

-First, Quran discovered that ants does really talk 1400 years ago .

The word "Yahtemannakom" in Arabic means crush, And this words are used when you smash a material like glass or similar to glass... I know that maybe an Australian scientist found at the 90s or 80s that Ants are made from a layer of glass, and there you go.

*and Trust me there are many others, if your not convinced i will be posting others, being a Muslim doesn't mean your a terrorist.*
    Last edited by RedSpot; 09-19-2012 at 08:31 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Business as usual for you guys eh? I can probably count on both hands how many times I've refuted some of these claims here.

Lets's start with this one:

Your copy pasta:
    "God is the one who created the night, the day, the sun, and the moon. Each one is
    traveling in an orbit with its own motion." (21:33)

Modern scientific knowledge has shown that our galaxy revolves on its own axis. The sun is
    located eccentrically and thus revolves in an orbit around the center of the galaxy. This was not
    known to man 1400 years ago. The concept of motion of the heavenly bodies with an orbit of
    their own belongs to modern science. Earlier scientists regarded the sun as a stationary object.

My reply:
    The Greeks had "Allah" beat by a long shot. Namely by Ptolemy in 140 AD.
    Ptolemy and Plato theorized the ideas of the sun, moon, planets and stars all revolving around the earth in circular orbits.
    They also didn't regard the sun as a stationary object. That is 100% false.
    The only thing the above fellows were unsure of was that if the Earth itself rotated on an axis.
    A little known Greek philosopher, Aristarchus, had advanced the idea that the earth and the other planets moved around the sun in 270 BC.
    But at that time this kind of crazy talk was heresy, so it wasn't until Copernicus came along that this theory became widely accepted,
    and eventually proven to be fact.

Any way lets move on.

Your copy pasta:
    "Has thou not seen how God merges the night into the day and merges the day into the
    night?" (31:29)

"He coils the day upon the night and coils the night upon the day." (39:5)

Astronauts have described the appearance of the Earth from space. The sun lights up half of
    the earth facing it and the other half is dark. As the earth rotates on its axis, the darker areas
    come to light, and the light areas merge into darkness. This is easy to understand at the present
    time. However, 1400 years ago this knowledge did not exist. In those days the earth was
    mistakenly thought to be flat and at the center of the universe. Modern scientific data are in full
    agreement with the Qur’anic description.

My reply:

Again this was general knowledge pretty much snatched from prominent Greek Astrology.
    Whoever claimed this knowledge didn't exist 1400 years ago is obviously quite ignorant.

Moving along.

Your copy pasta:
    "God subjected the sun and the moon, each one runs its course to an appointed term."
    (33:2)

Modern science has estimated the age of the sun and has also estimated when it will run out
    of hydrogen and will cool off. Modern astronomy has discovered that the solar system is moving
    towards a point in the constellation of Hercules, named the Solar Apex.

My reply:

So the moon is going to "run it's term"?
    How? Is it's gravitational pull just gonna switch off or something?
    It doesn't emit any of it's own light..that's already proven. So what exactly in this passage isn't bull shit again?
    The whole sun burning out has been theorized forever...Any ancient religion has made these doomsday claims,
    as a matter of fact here is one from the Bible..you know..that book that predates Islam?

Joel 2:31
    "The sun will become dark, and the moon will become as red as blood before the terrifying day of the LORD comes."

And before that there were the same scenarios in Zoroastrian eschatology.It's been played out over and over in the past.

As far as modern theories some of the most respected in the field say something like 5 billion years the sun still has.

Moving along.

Your copy pasta:
    "The heaven, we have built it with power. Verily, we are expanding it." (51:47)

My reply:

There is no proof heaven exists. Sorry, way to vague to come to the conclusion that this has anything relevant to expanding galaxies.

Moving on...

Your copy pasta:

"We sent down water from the sky in measure, and lodged it in the ground. And we
    certainly are able to withdraw it. Therewith for you, we gave rise to gardens of palm
    trees and vineyards." (23:18-19)

My reply:
    Here have a couple of Bible quotes..hurr durr see what I did thurr?
    “The pouring rain descends, and the snow, from the heavens and does not return to that place, unless it actually saturates the earth and makes it produce and sprout, and seed is actually given to the sower and bread to the eater.”
    (Isa. 55:10)

Job 36:27-29
    For He draws up drops of water,
    Which distill as rain from the mist,
    Which the clouds drop down
    And pour abundantly on man.
    Indeed, can anyone understand the spreading of clouds,
    The thunder from His canopy?

TL;DR: Sorry Muslims. Nope.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Another one? Man, i feel sorry for these fools.

Threadstarter
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    There is no proof heaven exists. Sorry, way to vague to come to the conclusion that this has anything relevant to expanding galaxies.
    Isn't the Space expanding?
    I can get you some pictures and proofs.

---------- Post added at 12:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 AM ----------

Alright then, I will get you something about Ants and Iron, and I am pretty sure! that the modern science found that after Quran mentioned it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSpot View Post
    Isn't the Space expanding?
    I can get you some pictures and proofs.

---------- Post added at 12:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 AM ----------

Alright then, I will get you something about Ants and Iron, and I am pretty sure! that the modern science found that after Quran mentioned it.
    Read what you originally posted then my reply. Read it nice and slow.

Threadstarter
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

Read what you originally posted then my reply. Read it nice and slow.
    "The Heaven" is translated in arabic as : the skys ... which means the space... thats why its hard for you to understand, in Arabic its clear as the sun!
    And give me few mins and I will post some more facts. just be patient.

---------- Post added at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 AM ----------

@Ethereal - heres some verses that show facts and the modern science just discovered it recently :

"No! If he does not desist, We will surely drag him by the forelock" & "A lying, sinning forelock" . (96:15-16)

Scientists have recently discovered that a significant activity occurs in the upper front part of the brain (forelock) when the man lies or make specific errors. Therefore scientists have decided that the center of lying and error in humans is in the upper front part of the brain which is called the frontal lobe.

The Quran described the upper front part of the humans' brain (forelock) with two properties lying and error. It was proved for doctors recently the relation between this region and lying and error in humans, they had no knowledge of that at the time of the descent of this verse. Therefore this verse is considered to be one of the signs of the miraculous nature of the holy Quran and that it is a book that doesn't contradict with the definite science.

"We have already sent Our messengers with clear evidences and sent down with them the Scripture and the balance that the people may maintain [their affairs] in justice. And We sent down iron, wherein is great military might and benefits for the people, and so that Allah may make evident those who support Him and His messengers unseen. Indeed, Allah is Powerful and Exalted in Might." (57:25)

The word "anzalna," translated as "sent down" and used for iron in the verse, could be thought of having a metaphorical meaning to explain that iron has been given to benefit people. But, when we take into consideration the literal meaning of the word, which is, "being physically sent down from the sky," as in the case of rain and Sun rays, we realize that this verse implies a very significant scientific miracle. Because, modern astronomical findings have disclosed that the iron found in our world has come from giant stars in outer space.

"Until, when they came upon the valley of the ants, an ant said, "O ants, enter your dwellings that you not be crushed by Solomon and his soldiers while they perceive not." (27:18)

The word "Yahtemannakom" in Arabic means crush, And this words are used when you smash a material like glass or similar to glass... I know that maybe an Australian scientist found at the 90s or 80s that Ants are made from a layer of glass, and there you go.

*and Trust me there are many others, if your not convinced i will be posting others, being a Muslim doesn't mean your a terrorist.*

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    "The Heaven" is translated in arabic as : the skys ... which means the space... thats why its hard for you to understand, in Arabic its clear as the sun!
    And give me few mins and I will post some more facts. just be patient.

---------- Post added at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 AM ----------

Mother of God...the amount of sheer stupidity here..wow.

"Forelock" = hair. Seriously..the fact that you're sitting here trying to say it means the frontal lobe is hilarious.
    I'd love to see what source you copied this from so I could get some more lulz.
    Fore=front lock=hair. Have you ever heard of anyone getting dragged by the frontal lobe of their fucking brain?
    Getting dragged by the hair though, now that seems to actually make sense now doesn't it?

Lol..oh boy.

Dude Iron was discovered in Southeast Asia like 4,000 years ago.
    So because the Qur'ran says God sent it down this is scientific proof?
    No man, sorry that isn't proof of jack shit. Many religious texts claim God is the reason for all kinds of stuff.
    Problem is where is the proof?

"Until, when they came upon the valley of the ants, an ant said, "O ants, enter your dwellings that you not be crushed by Solomon and his soldiers while they perceive not."

What the fuck? Where does this passage explain the biological make-up of ants?
    This isn't proof of anything, never mind anything relevant to science.

Threadstarter
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

Mother of God...the amount of sheer stupidity here..wow.

"Forelock" = hair. Seriously..the fact that you're sitting here trying to say it means the frontal lobe is hilarious.
    I'd love to see what source you copied this from so I could get some more lulz.
    Fore=front lock=hair. Have you ever heard of anyone getting dragged by the frontal lobe of their fucking brain?
    Getting dragged by the hair though, now that seems to actually make sense now doesn't it?

Lol..oh boy.

Dude Iron was discovered in Southeast Asia like 4,000 years ago.
    So because the Qur'ran says God sent it down this is scientific proof?
    No man, sorry that isn't proof of jack shit. Many religious texts claim God is the reason for all kinds of stuff.
    Problem is where is the proof?

"Until, when they came upon the valley of the ants, an ant said, "O ants, enter your dwellings that you not be crushed by Solomon and his soldiers while they perceive not."

What the fuck? Where does this passage explain the biological make-up of ants?
    This isn't proof of anything, never mind anything relevant to science.
    Can't believe your denying all of this although its clear!
    "The Forelock" refers to the front side of the BRAIN! you will never get it.. the word "Nasia (ناصية)" in Arabic means the Top and tip of an object.

Where that Iron came from? Your stupid!! it means that meteors hit before human was on existed. it impact the ground and the dust and ground covers it so it turns into a mine ! thats scientific facts! "IRON METEORITE" google that !!

"ant said" which means ant spoke and talked! o,O
    that means ants really does talk!!!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Can't believe your denying all of this although its clear!
    "The Forelock" refers to the front side of the BRAIN! you will never get it.. the word "Nasia (ناصية)" in Arabic means the Top and tip of an object.

Where that Iron came from? Your stupid!! it means that meteors hit before human was on existed. it impact the ground and the dust and ground covers it so it turns into a mine ! thats scientific facts! "IRON METEORITE" google that !!

"ant said" which means ant spoke and talked! o,O
    that means ants really does talk!!!
    *Facepalm*

I already explained this to you, but you obviously can't think on your own, never mind contemplate simplicity.

Fore=front Lock=hair So it would mean, dragging someone by the HAIR on the front of their head.
    There is not a single indication in the passage you presented that states this would mean anything to do with the brain or frontal lobe.
    There is nothing to argue about. You made a dumb ass fucking claim and I clearly refuted this claim with basic knowledge.

Yes pure Iron comes from meteors. But I guess Allah forgot to mention that Stony meteors aren't only made of Iron.
    They are made up of a combination of stone, iron, and other metals.Come to think of it, Allah mentioned nothing about meteors.
    Now like I said earlier, Iron was discovered about 4,000 years ago. Obviously people came to the realization that pure iron was rare,
    so it had to be refined to duplicate it.I'm more than positive earlier civilizations theorized where pure Iron came from before the Quran.If it's not a natural element of Earth, where else would it come from?

Hahaha Ants talk. wow. There is a difference between talking and communicating moron.
    If you really think ants can physically talk like A Bugs Life, you are a genuine full blown retard.
    Last edited by Ethereal; 09-19-2012 at 03:00 PM.

Threadstarter
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

*Facepalm*

I already explained this to you, but you obviously can't think on your own, never mind contemplate simplicity.

Fore=front Lock=hair So it would mean, dragging someone by the HAIR on the front of their head.
    There is not a single indication in the passage you presented that states this would mean anything to do with the brain or frontal lobe.
    There is nothing to argue about. You made a dumb ass fucking claim and I clearly refuted this claim with basic knowledge.

Yes pure Iron comes from meteors. But I guess Allah forgot to mention that Stony meteors aren't only made of Iron.
    They are made up of a combination of stone, iron, and other metals.
    Now like I said earlier, Iron was discovered about 4,000 years ago. Obviously people came to the realization that pure iron was rare,
    so it had to be refined to duplicate it.I'm more than positive earlier civilizations theorized where pure Iron came from before the Quran.If it's not a natural element of Earth, where else would it come from?

Hahaha Ants talk. wow. There is a difference between talking and communicating moron.
    If you really think ants can physically talk like A Bugs Life, you are a genuine full blown retard.
    Seriously Your are hopeless, I provided evidences and still you deny it . I'm not going to reply anymore to you...

"And whoever turns away from My remembrance - indeed, he will have a depressed life, and We will gather him on the Day of Resurrection blind."
    "He will say, "My Lord, why have you raised me blind while I was [once] seeing?"
    "[ Allah ] will say, "Thus did Our signs come to you, and you forgot them; and thus will you this Day be forgotten."
    (20:124-126)

"And for those who disbelieve will be the fire of Hell. [Death] is not decreed for them so they may die, nor will its torment be lightened for them. Thus do we recompense every ungrateful one." (35:36)

You will be one of those at Judgment day, Good luck.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Seriously Your are hopeless, I provided evidences and still you deny it . I'm not going to reply anymore to you...

"And whoever turns away from My remembrance - indeed, he will have a depressed life, and We will gather him on the Day of Resurrection blind."
    "He will say, "My Lord, why have you raised me blind while I was [once] seeing?"
    "[ Allah ] will say, "Thus did Our signs come to you, and you forgot them; and thus will you this Day be forgotten."
    (20:124-126)

"And for those who disbelieve will be the fire of Hell. [Death] is not decreed for them so they may die, nor will its torment be lightened for them. Thus do we recompense every ungrateful one." (35:36)

You will be one of those at Judgment day, Good luck.
    You provided not a single shred of evidence. You basically took a bunch of shit out of context then went: PROOF DIS BE SCIENCE
    Trust me, I've dealt with other Muslims on this site for almost 3 years. So far you're taking the cake for most idiotic.

Threadstarter
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    I'm more than positive earlier civilizations theorized where pure Iron came from before the Quran.If it's not a natural element of Earth
    Fucking find them then, when I mentioned the stars and the planets thing you said greece found that already, I didn't check if its correct or not.
    But I am 100% no one mentioned that before the Quran.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Fucking find them then, when I mentioned the stars and the planets thing you said greece found that already, I didn't check if its correct or not.
    But I am 100% no one mentioned that before the Quran.
    Hey ******, I thought you weren't replying to me anymore.

Anyway, the Qur'ran never said anything about meteors bringing iron.
    It simply states Allah sent Iron. Ok well it also states he made humans and pretty much everything on the fucking planet,
    as well as the universe. Where exactly is the scientific proof in this passage? It's just one of many claims the Qur'ran has made.
    Mind you, not backed by any kind of evidence.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    You did you go out of the context of the modern
    Obscene verbal
    Respect is self-respect before anything
    It seems that it does not exist
    Each explains his opinion
    But this way
    Means that you do not have any dignity
    Before anything self-respect is respect

Threadstarter
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

Hey ******, I thought you weren't replying to me anymore.

Anyway, the Qur'ran never said anything about meteors bringing iron.
    It simply states Allah sent Iron. Ok well it also states he made humans and pretty much everything on the fucking planet,
    as well as the universe. Where exactly is the scientific proof in this passage? It's just one of many claims the Qur'ran has made.
    Mind you, not backed by any kind of evidence.
    Ok dude, just forget everything I said!
    Go the hell and be immortal in it, who gives a shit about you?
    "Sent down" means came from the sky, at least thats what I and other 2billion muslims think it means.
    if you understand Arabic you would get it and understand it instantly but too bad your not.
    Last edited by RedSpot; 09-19-2012 at 04:31 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast