Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraN00b View Post
    @ @RealmAnna Why did you necrobump the old thread? Anyways the method that nilly developed is that the Client would AutoNexus as soon as the Killing blow is received, instead of sending the DEAD packet.
    I'm sorry, I have no idea you guys would make such a fuss about it =(

I just read, and comment on what I see fit, I don't understand much about that hardcore forum etiquette, that gets me criticized even across sections. Apparently I have to check the dates.

Anyway, that seems interesting, but, I had no idea player death was handled client side.

Could you please explain it a bit better for me, that don't know much about how the server handles this thing, or even about programming much =P

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    @ @ RealmAnna Well, for the most part, Ignore threads which have gone down to the 2nd half of the first page... most are outdated.

The server guesses that a death has occurred, but needs a way of confirming it. Here comes the role of the DEATH packet.
    Server -> Client (I'm guessing a death has occurred, confirm)
    Client -> Server (Yes, I can confirm it, DUN DUN DUNNNN)

With nilly's mod:

Client -> Server (*AutoNexuses* Nope!)
    Liked my Post? Say Thanks!
    Before saying that a developer is wrong, think harder. Maybe, YOU are wrong since the dev knows more about his own programs than you do and has more knowledge about what he is doing.
    -- Direct Quote from the XDA-Developers Forums.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraN00b View Post
    @ @ RealmAnna Well, for the most part, Ignore threads which have gone down to the 2nd half of the first page... most are outdated.

The server guesses that a death has occurred, but needs a way of confirming it. Here comes the role of the DEATH packet.
    Client -> Server (Yes, I can confirm it, DUN DUN DUNNNN)

With nilly's mod:

Client -> Server (*AutoNexuses* Nope!)
    Actually, the process is more like this:

Client: I'm guessing a death has occurred, NEXUS!
    Server: Wait! Wait! I need to kill your player!

The reason my avoid death hack is effective at avoiding deaths is because it detects death before the server does and sends a nexus packet before the server has time to issue the death. I confirmed this by way of a multiboxing client that I made. It would load 6 clients in one projector (turned out to be a bad idea because all the clients were operating in one thread). Well I had my avoid death hack enabled for the multiboxing client and I ran into issues with my characters dying when one of my players client hogged execution time (like loading a map due to autonexus). When this happened if any of my other characters were about to die, they usually would because it couldn't send the nexus packet before the server issued the death certificate.
    Be careful, stray too far from the pack and you'll get lost.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    I don't mean to derail an old thread, but I was wondering if there was any way that this death-avoider could be given to members that have been on the site for a certain amount of time and also ask for a PM. Personally, we need to stick it to Kabam that they either need to stop RotMG or improve it.

Thanks
    droppy

• Skyflashh: trusted guy. we did a trade and everything went smooth. +1
    • akamushupork: Very smooth trade! Will do again. +1
    • CptLeon: +red. 2 Multiwindow trades, fast and courteous
    • hokko: vouch for droppy! smooth trade
    • 1086339: Sold him a couple of pots, everything went quick and great - Vouched!
    • SkyCamre: Vouch! Very smooth trade +1
    • maat7043: +1 Great Buyer! Went very fast
    • hokko: sold him some potions. fast trading. vouch for droppy!
    • SkyCamre: Vouch! Smooth and fast trader

Chat?

Droppiest Mudda Trucka Around since October 5th, 2012
    Donator/Premium since March 30th, 2013

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nilly View Post
    Actually, the process is more like this:

Client: I'm guessing a death has occurred, NEXUS!
    Server: Wait! Wait! I need to kill your player!

The reason my avoid death hack is effective at avoiding deaths is because it detects death before the server does and sends a nexus packet before the server has time to issue the death. I confirmed this by way of a multiboxing client that I made. It would load 6 clients in one projector (turned out to be a bad idea because all the clients were operating in one thread). Well I had my avoid death hack enabled for the multiboxing client and I ran into issues with my characters dying when one of my players client hogged execution time (like loading a map due to autonexus). When this happened if any of my other characters were about to die, they usually would because it couldn't send the nexus packet before the server issued the death certificate.
    But what I don't understand is, if the death has already occurred, how does it avoid it? How do you avoid the past?

Plus, I don't understand how the server needss the client to confirm your death, what if it doesn't confirm, does it mean you control the death certificate client side?

Sorry, just a bit confused.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by RealmAnna View Post
    But what I don't understand is, if the death has already occurred, how does it avoid it? How do you avoid the past?

Plus, I don't understand how the server needss the client to confirm your death, what if it doesn't confirm, does it mean you control the death certificate client side?

Sorry, just a bit confused.
    You're making it more complicated than it is. Health is handled by the server. If your player gets hit your health will not show it till the server sends an update to your health. So basically, if you calculate ahead of time what your health should be you can nexus before the server calculates your less than zero health (this is possible because the client knows the damage amount). BTW the death packet really doesn't serve any function anymore. Your character will die even if blocked.

Thanks
    You're making it more complicated than it is. Health is handled by the server. If your player gets hit your health will not show it till the server sends an update to your health. So basically, if you calculate ahead of time what your health should be you can nexus before the server calculates your less than zero health (this is possible because the client knows the damage amount). BTW the death packet really doesn't serve any function anymore. Your character will die even if blocked.
    I thought the server would calculate it simultaneously, or before your client acknowledges the hit.

Anyway, another question then, with a simple auto nexus function, aren't you trying to escape to nexus even before your health is 0?

So what would be the point of that?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by RealmAnna View Post
    I thought the server would calculate it simultaneously, or before your client acknowledges the hit.

Anyway, another question then, with a simple auto nexus function, aren't you trying to escape to nexus even before your health is 0?

So what would be the point of that?
    Simple auto nexus works purely off of what your health says it's at. Since the client doesn't subtract damage from your health as you receive it (rather it waits for the server to update it) the simple auto nexus will not catch when the user dies before the server does. The only time autonexus does it's job right is when the server updates your health to less than the nexus percentage * max health and greater than or equal to 0. If you get shotgunned (your health never updates in the range of 0 to nexus percentage * max health) then you are pretty much shit outta luck with the simple auto nexus.

Thanks
    Simple auto nexus works purely off of what your health says it's at. Since the client doesn't subtract damage from your health as you receive it (rather it waits for the server to update it) the simple auto nexus will not catch when the user dies before the server does. The only time autonexus does it's job right is when the server updates your health to less than the nexus percentage * max health and greater than or equal to 0. If you get shotgunned (your health never updates in the range of 0 to nexus percentage * max health) then you are pretty much shit outta luck with the simple auto nexus.
    OH, I see, that actually looks awesome.

So basically, it is a better auto nexus that triggers at 0 health?

But I wonder, why not substitute a classic auto nexus with that one, and keep at higher than 0%?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    sorry to bump in guys, is it ok for me to ask for some help here or make my own. well i just go on for my 1st post right now. anyway I wanted ask what/how/where to edit out the scripts you just made, for me to auto pot my suicidal archer and to auto heal-pot priest? i've started playing last week. its been getting a bit competitive lately on the items and such can't even compete with them with their looting ability but its worth it for a newb like me. i prefered it solo-ing from what ive achieved right now. This game feels like back in the day when we use ta grind our asses for us to become richly infamous before that god dam WoW was released *hhhh that irritates me a lil bit there*. err well thats all for now, hope to get in touch with you guys real soon. thanks in advz.
    -undead

Thanks
    can this still work?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234