Thanks

BLOPS2 Dedicated server info!

PC Online Security, Matchmaking and Server Intel
    Posted by BlackOpsNews on Sep 28, 2012 4:07:02 PM

What anti-cheat will be used?

Anti-cheat is a top priority for Call of Duty®: Black Ops II. We have developed our own proprietary server-side anti-cheat technology which will work alongside VAC to deliver the most advanced detection and banning capabilities of any Call of Duty game to date. We have also improved our player reporting system to make it the most effective way that you can help us catch cheaters. And starting on launch day we will have a full-time dedicated pc anti-cheat team focused solely on detecting and banning cheaters. We have a zero tolerance policy on cheating. Cheaters bans are permanent.

Will Black Ops have Matchmaking or Dedicated Servers?

Both! Call of Duty®: Black Ops II PC combines matchmaking with secure ranked dedicated servers. This means that you get into Public Matches or League Play via matchmaking lobbies. It is easy to party up and play with your friends. You can adjust your classes or scorestreaks between matches. It also means that every Public or League match is hosted on a dedicated server running in one of our high bandwidth datacenters around the globe.

Will you release the server files?

No. We are keeping the server files secure to protect the game from hacking and cheating and ensure the ranking and progression system integrity.

Can I rent a server?

No. We are providing a huge number of servers around the world at no extra charge – plenty for everyone to enjoy. And we will administer the servers.

Will there be mod tools?

No. As we continually improve and advance our in-house tools for our own content teams we are unable to provide consumer tools due to increased technical requirements, licensing restrictions, and technology dependencies.

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

Fake"advanced anti cheat" No server files, no admin tools, no renting servers, no mod tools HACK ON MPGH BLACK OPS 2 IS COUNTING ON IT!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to chrisproblade For This Useful Post:

Larity2056 (09-29-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Great no mod tools... But who cares if you have zombies? Also we can now change classes between matches

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    Great no mod tools... But who cares if you have zombies? Also we can now change classes between matches
    That is was the reason I stopped playing on PC. It was killing me that I had to leave the server to change class...

The lines in my Steam are i's

Thanks
    So there will be no rank hacks :P

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by crob View Post
    So there will be no rank hacks :P
    Probably the same way as in Black Ops 1, status gets saved on Treyarch's server

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    I Love to cheat but H8 rank or level hacking, if you are raging and owning people it takes no time to get up there in level, rank hacking is for the wannabe "safe cheaters" strap yourself on an aimbot and go to gold...... don't be a pussy.