Poll: Thoughts?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Evolution

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

Evolution

We were discussing evolution and Darwin in Biology class, and was wondering who here believes in evolution and who here believes in the religious thing.
    Rep. Power: 126

Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

Thanks
    It's 2012 and religion still exists? What?

Thanks
    We didn't evolve from monkeys or existing apes, we evolved from a common ancestor of apes.
    Timeline of human evolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

4. The Following User Says Thank You to InCognito For This Useful Post:

Lehsyrus (10-03-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by InCognito View Post
    We didn't evolve from monkeys or existing apes, we evolved from a common ancestor of apes.
    Timeline of human evolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    yes, from primates was what I meant to say
    Rep. Power: 126

Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

Thanks
    The theory of evolution is wayyyy outdated
    punctuated equilibrium is more widely accepted by scientist at the moment

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    I thought we evolved like pokemon.

Thanks
    easily evolution religion has only the bible to back it up

Thanks
    Evolution is bullshit. But so is the "poof there are people" context. I only believe in adaptation, from where a persons DNA slightly alters itself to adapt to a situation under life/death circumstances. With evolution, it basically says "poof", single celled organisms magically learned to work together. No, not possible. They don't just "happen" to learn to work together to create a biological intelligent being. There has to be an outside influence of some sort that affects it in an extreme way. My theory more revolves around inter-dimensional theory. As you have each dimension so close to each other, they eventually touch. As one dimension leaks energy into another (such as a black hole, as everything from light, gravity, and even energy is sucked into it as such) it creates a surplus of new energies. These energies inter-combine with each other to create anomalies. These anomalies, once Core Entropies now so powerful it creates new energies on its own (defeating the laws of physics), create beings known as deities, or so "Gods". These "Gods" are just pure beings of energy, energy that can not be fathomed by humans as we are not said "Gods" and it goes beyond our possible knowledge at the moment with what our technology brings forth to us. Such "Gods" are, in short, are energies so powerful they have the ability to create any possible substance in the blink of an eye. In my perspective, such an anomaly as this has the ability to create beings from nothing, ergo multi-celled/single-celled organisms, or the ability to alter that of a beings initial intended construct to become something anew. From here, the beings themselves have nothing else but energies to feed upon, and by doing so "adapt" to their environment by feeding on said energies. As these beings fly throughout space, they collide with different constructs, such as other energies. Some become part of an environment in an unanimated situational circumstance, such as asteroids, suns, moons, dark matter, quarks, etc. And some end up adapting to said environment of separate areas to create single-celled/multi-celled organisms, that use energy (such as nerve synapses) to continue to survive. However, these beings that adapt in a situation by using other energies to create their own self in a "living" manner do eventually die out as they eventually consume all matter that was once originally used to power them, so they "adapt" to continue to survive.

That is my theory. I refuse to believe in Evolution just because some guy tripped on acid and said it was a good idea. Yeah, our DNA is similar to primates, but it still doesn't explain the massive leap from Germanic tribes to the Egyptian intelligence in such a short period of time. According to Evolution, such a gap can not exist as DNA alteration happens over a vast span of time, the only two explanations are outside influence by intelligent beings (which still does not prove Evolution), or mass energy equivocation.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lehsyrus For This Useful Post:

YellowFever (10-04-2012)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Evolution is bullshit. But so is the "poof there are people" context. I only believe in adaptation, from where a persons DNA slightly alters itself to adapt to a situation under life/death circumstances. With evolution, it basically says "poof", single celled organisms magically learned to work together. No, not possible. They don't just "happen" to learn to work together to create a biological intelligent being. There has to be an outside influence of some sort that affects it in an extreme way. My theory more revolves around inter-dimensional theory. As you have each dimension so close to each other, they eventually touch. As one dimension leaks energy into another (such as a black hole, as everything from light, gravity, and even energy is sucked into it as such) it creates a surplus of new energies. These energies inter-combine with each other to create anomalies. These anomalies, once Core Entropies now so powerful it creates new energies on its own (defeating the laws of physics), create beings known as deities, or so "Gods". These "Gods" are just pure beings of energy, energy that can not be fathomed by humans as we are not said "Gods" and it goes beyond our possible knowledge at the moment with what our technology brings forth to us. Such "Gods" are, in short, are energies so powerful they have the ability to create any possible substance in the blink of an eye. In my perspective, such an anomaly as this has the ability to create beings from nothing, ergo multi-celled/single-celled organisms, or the ability to alter that of a beings initial intended construct to become something anew. From here, the beings themselves have nothing else but energies to feed upon, and by doing so "adapt" to their environment by feeding on said energies. As these beings fly throughout space, they collide with different constructs, such as other energies. Some become part of an environment in an unanimated situational circumstance, such as asteroids, suns, moons, dark matter, quarks, etc. And some end up adapting to said environment of separate areas to create single-celled/multi-celled organisms, that use energy (such as nerve synapses) to continue to survive. However, these beings that adapt in a situation by using other energies to create their own self in a "living" manner do eventually die out as they eventually consume all matter that was once originally used to power them, so they "adapt" to continue to survive.

That is my theory. I refuse to believe in Evolution just because some guy tripped on acid and said it was a good idea. Yeah, our DNA is similar to primates, but it still doesn't explain the massive leap from Germanic tribes to the Egyptian intelligence in such a short period of time. According to Evolution, such a gap can not exist as DNA alteration happens over a vast span of time, the only two explanations are outside influence by intelligent beings (which still does not prove Evolution), or mass energy equivocation.
    when your old enough take biology

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Poison View Post

when your old enough take biology
    Coming from the kid who doesn't understand what a protein synthesis is, thanks for the laugh

Thanks

Coming from the kid who doesn't understand what a protein synthesis is, thanks for the laugh
    Creationism corrupts your mind kid

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Poison View Post

Creationism corrupts your mind kid
    Did I ever mention creationism? No. You're a fucking moron.

Thanks

WE KNOW evolution is real. What we don't know is how it all began. Cells contain organelles. Organelles each have functions, they fill their own niche to ensure their survival. Organelles can be broken down even further, and from there it can be broken down even FURTHER. We have no way of knowing the origins of anything as of now. And if you haven't realized, Germany is quite far from Egypt. There wasn't a massive increase in intelligence. What did happen though was a government being formed. Governments tend to figure more things out then tribes. We are constantly evolving.
    Your claim of inter dimensional theory is almost as ridiculous if not AS ridiculous as creationism. We see evolution happening right before our eyes, yet you refuse to admit it's existence. You know what's the difference between neanderthals and homo sapiens are? Their scents and testicles. A current example of Evolution is autism. Autistic people have hyper active brains. A connection made is that our need to process more information efficiently is causing us to evolve.
    Last edited by noob555; 10-03-2012 at 10:13 PM.

Thanks

So you don't believe in a few billion years we, humans, will most likely evolve into something new?
    I personally believe in the evolution theory. One, it's a pretty strong argument - ESPECIALLY compared to the bullshit of "God made us and Earth" shit. I don't have a religion, sorry if I offend anyone, but it's a bunch of bullshit. I personally believe it's science in which we were made. The Evolution from primates to humans. As you said, primates DNA is very similar to ours.

Super User since 02.02.2020
    Global Moderator since 09.23.2017
    Moderator since 09.01.2016
    Minion+ since 07.22.2016

Marketplace Minion since 06.09.2016
    Trove Minion since 06.06.2016
    Middleman since 04.21.2016
    Social Engineering Minion since 02.03.2016
    News FO Freelancer From 11.08.2015 to 07.23.2016
    News FO Head Editor From 08.23.2015 to 11.08.2015
    News FO Head Editor From 07.19.2012 to 08.11.2014
    MPGH News and News FO Founder
    Programming Minion From Unknown to 04.23.2013
    Minecraft Minion From 09.19.2012 to 04.23.2013
    Member since 05.13.2012

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by noob555 View Post
    WE KNOW evolution is real. What we don't know is how it all began. Cells contain organelles. Organelles each have functions, they fill their own niche to ensure their survival. Organelles can be broken down even further, and from there it can be broken down even FURTHER. We have no way of knowing the origins of anything as of now. And if you haven't realized, Germany is quite far from Egypt. There wasn't a massive increase in intelligence. What did happen though was a government being formed. Governments tend to figure more things out then tribes. We are constantly evolving.
    Your claim of inter dimensional theory is almost as ridiculous if not AS ridiculous as creationism. We see evolution happening right before our eyes, yet you refuse to admit it's existence. You know what's the difference between neanderthals and homo sapiens are? Their scents and testicles. A current example of Evolution is autism. Autistic people have hyper active brains. A connection made is that our need to process more information efficiently is causing us to evolve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post

So you don't believe in a few billion years we, humans, will most likely evolve into something new?
    I personally believe in the evolution theory. One, it's a pretty strong argument - ESPECIALLY compared to the bullshit of "God made us and Earth" shit. I don't have a religion, sorry if I offend anyone, but it's a bunch of bullshit. I personally believe it's science in which we were made. The Evolution from primates to humans. As you said, primates DNA is very similar to ours.
    He's not saying that the entire theory is false, he is merely disagreeing that people suddenly spawned from nothing; reality is not like CoD/Battlefield. His theory does make some sense although there is no way either theory can be proved.

NOTE: The religious "theory" doesn't even make sense to me so I don't even need to dispute that; until there is solid evidence that "God" exists, I refuse to believe that any almighty, metaphysical beings exist.
    Last edited by YellowFever; 10-04-2012 at 09:10 AM.

Donator Since: 12/08/2011
    Minion Since: 04/10/2012

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast