Thread: My first sig.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

My first sig.

Do feel free to give comments on my first sig done,under the guidance of standoff.

[IMG]https://i175.photobucke*****m/albums/w129/Hitsugaya10/xIaoFire-.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks
    For a first sig, that's pretty sweet. Keep it up, man. Standoff knows his shit. Listen to him and keep practicing, and you should be fine.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Damn that's pretty good. =)

BRING BACK BT, BRING BACK SAGA, BRING BACK VF, BRING BACK MPGHCRAFT, BRING BACK HABAMON

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Yeah.Although he was kinda in a hurry to go play rakion,he still did a good job before he left.

Thanks
    Well, Welcome to MPGH! ^_^

Anywho... it might be a good idea for you to start living in our Gfx tutorial section for a while. There's some pretty sweet stuff in there.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    I've been doing so there's many amazing tutorials up here.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Welcome mate

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Yeah thanks all for the warm welcome.Standoff was so busy he hasn't seen this yet.I wonder what would he say if he saw this sig?

under chuck norrises bed. yea, even hes scared of me
    Thanks
    what i would say-

YOU FUCKING NAILED IT SO AWESOMELY!!!!!!

i am so proud of that sig, even though i had a little effec ton you, like starting out the basic technique, you really pulled thatone off on your own.

dont be shy to say you made that signature on the screen. its all you, all yours and yours forever. make what you like, love and beleive in. (im friggen miss america now or some shit)

i would say this to you if you are continuing to improve-

this isnt really something bad, its more a pointer to guide you on a better track of design. even though thats the first sig, keep your options wide open. downloade heaps of renders, absolute TONNES of fonts, and a bajillion brushes and keep the ones you like. the rest go to the bin. dont settle with what you find, look for more and you will see yourself with a wider range of signature finesse

and as every single beggining designer, text is a hard thing to learn. you get the feeling you click taht giant T button, you have that blinking cursor on your beatifull signature, now what

well heres a little tip my friend. tutorials. they teach so much in so little time its a wonder they dont get talked about more often

the basic idea of text is- to keep it a low focal point, without sucking al lthe attention from the sig

there are many text styles you could do in that signature, say colouring it red then fading it a little so it kind of looks like its part of the background, you could have made text your own way with custom blending and then try to match the colours, there are endless possibilities.

basic text is about keeping jit simple and subtle, smoothly inserted into the signature just to cover some empty space

one thing i absolutely have to say, you have so many advanced features that people strive to learn for by spending hours infront of a screen

1- render choice

it matches the background quite well, not the best but you didnt predict the backgruond before you had the render so you did very well

2- layering-
    its pretty awesome, on par with the best of the best. no blotchy spots. very smooth, kind of sucks you in to the main area of it. nailed it man!

3- positin / direction- the render being in the right spot compared to the sharp parts of the brushing, avoiding text colliding with other parts, facing the text,brushing AND render the same way all takes precision tuning to get normally. you just breezed through it and ill tell you why-

you have a natural talent. you can see what looks good and what looks plain. you have like a flow in your mind that comes onto the canvas when you are moving the mouse to do something and you sub-consciously think, i want it to do this so it will. then you do it, and the next step gets influenced by that last choice

i really hope you continue desigining, im here to help but so are the rest of these guys, dont be shy to ask anything at all. make a complete truck load of pieces, get your style that you like. you seem to be leaning towards abstract, thats great. practice gives experience, and eventually you will find yourself firing off amazing design pieces that you looked at a few weeks before and though, wow thats fucking cool!

so keep your mind to it. do well, my young grasshopper =D

Thanks
    wow... That was WAY too philosophical and i am WAAAY too lazy to read all that.

Congratulations, Standoff. That's a first.

Thanks
    it just was a guide on how to continue his growth in the world of PS signatures

Thanks
    really nice brushing in the background.

Thanks
    the funny thing is, when he propsed using his most liked brushes, ice crack brushes, i was thinking hmmmmm but then i realised, its about personal not public opinion

so he went for it and it payed off =D

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thanks everyone for the positive comments!Even if there's anything I can improve on please do say so.I just want to keep learning more.

By the way,what do I do to make the background have like two colors?(as in standoff's sig?

Thanks
    well ill let you in on that secret =P

tut. ther is a section where you do, COLOUR BALANCE then filter>render>clouds, that moves the colour around and leaves uncoloured spots.

keep going till u get nice colours

also, try to make a sig following this tut if you can , its basically what i was teaching you on msn

original thread by me- https://mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3336

image files cant hold it, so ill ********** it brb

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast