Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Quote Originally Posted by dwdude View Post
    Yep, no exterior clients needed. It connects 1 character per server, 1 character per thread. So it does it all at the same time. They connect for 10 seconds, and if the item isn't found, they disconnect, re-enabling the Start button, so you don't spam start and lag your internet connect by connecting 100 characters. That's also to make Kabam a bit happier, as it doesn't enable that whole multiboxing crisis.

It is nearly finished. I'm debating over releasing it though.

I have no real experience in actionscript 3, by the way. Flash is definitely something I've been avoiding. Pretty neat project you have going though!
    You should make it include the prices, if that's even in the statdata.
    Also, @nilly, can't help you either, sorry!

Anyhow, I've been busy with school, so had no real time to work on any projects, although I am now trying to make my proxy more efficient (performance-wise). I hate the fact that it is like a loop-ception. Too many loops within loops, I need to find a better java collection to store/get the world Objects.

I am looking into Map though, never seen that before, so it's new to me, can possibe store the Object ID as a key, and the ObjectStatus as the value which is supposedley O(log n) for lookups, unless I am reading the docs wrong.

EDIT: I finished switching over, seems like map.get/map.remove/map.add seem to be on average-case O(1) (according to this) which is a lot better. Haven't noticed anything different in-game, but i'll switch back and forth to see if anything is different.
    Last edited by flyrocket; 10-17-2012 at 01:40 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flyrocket View Post
    You should make it include the prices, if that's even in the statdata.
    It does, you must have missed that part

Anyhow, I've been busy with school, so had no real time to work on any projects, although I am now trying to make my proxy more efficient (performance-wise). I hate the fact that it is like a loop-ception. Too many loops within loops, I need to find a better java collection to store/get the world Objects.

I am looking into Map though, never seen that before, so it's new to me, can possibe store the Object ID as a key, and the ObjectStatus as the value which is supposedley O(log n) for lookups, unless I am reading the docs wrong.

EDIT: I finished switching over, seems like map.get/map.remove/map.add seem to be on average-case O(1) (according to this) which is a lot better. Haven't noticed anything different in-game, but i'll switch back and forth to see if anything is different.
    https://www.coderfriendly.com/2009/05...ns-cheatsheet/

Edit: Seems as if the link is down, at least for me at the time of this post. I saved the pictures though:
    https://i.imgur.com/01QCn.png
    https://i.imgur.com/FNGkr.png

You're not really going to notice too much of a difference switching to a different collection. Without seeing the source, I have no idea what could make it more efficient, as I'm also not sure where it could be improved.
    Last edited by dwdude; 10-17-2012 at 03:59 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

IT WORKS!

No more playing with byte code. Full on actionscript 3 editing.

I noticed that it has a couple of bugs that are graphical in nature. No big deal. The important thing is that it compiles and the game runs. I didn't really fix the embedded fonts issue. I just turned off embedding and it defaulted to what looks like times new roman.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to nilly For This Useful Post:

niuzr (10-18-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Quote Originally Posted by nilly View Post

I noticed that it has a couple of bugs that are graphical in nature. No big deal. The important thing is that it compiles and the game runs. I didn't really fix the embedded fonts issue. I just turned off embedding and it defaulted to what looks like times new roman.
    Good stuff nilly, can't wait to see what you can cook up now
    What happens when the client updates though?

Thanks

Hooooly shit at the amount of warnings LOL.

Good work! I'm curious about when the client updates as well.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Good stuff nilly, can't wait to see what you can cook up now
    What happens when the client updates though?
    New updates will be a hassle as always. I don't think it will be much worse than updating a hack. The changes that needed to be made to get it to compile isn't that much really (not counting the deobfuscation part, which I have a program that pretty much automates that process). It would probably take a half hour or so to get running to the point I have it at.

Hooooly shit at the amount of warnings LOL.
    Ya a lot of warnings. All the warnings are about not declaring a type for one of the parameters of a function. For some reason the decompiler I used for the code specified some but not others.

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

While working on this project, I thought of an idea that would be completely awesome for dealing with hack code that breaks on new updates. This has to do with the name changes that happen with a new release. Originally I was thinking about making a _-name finder as seen earlier in this thread. Seemed like a good idea that would speed up the process of updating hacks. But what if we just wrote a program that would change the names to something constant throughout releases? It should be possible to make a map of how all the variables are used throughout the code. Then by comparing the maps of two different clients, the program should be able to detect with a high degree of accuracy which variables represent the same variable and which ones are new. If such a thing were done, one could make code that would work with all updates to the client as long as major changes weren't made to the area of code the hack works on. The only thing that would need to be done is run the new client through the name fixer program and throw in the hack code.

I've been keeping that idea in the back of my head. The process of creating such a map that does what we want here is still hazy. I'm still not sure how to do it.

Thanks
    New updates will be a hassle as always. I don't think it will be much worse than updating a hack. The changes that needed to be made to get it to compile isn't that much really (not counting the deobfuscation part, which I have a program that pretty much automates that process). It would probably take a half hour or so to get running to the point I have it at.

Ya a lot of warnings. All the warnings are about not declaring a type for one of the parameters of a function. For some reason the decompiler I used for the code specified some but not others.
    Pretty neat work, nilly.

As for embedded fonts, I found this guide to look at: Flash Tutorial – Embed Fonts in ActionScript 3 « Video Training – Tutorials
    It may be of some service, it may not. From what I read though, it seems to be informative.

As for the warnings, that specific one can probably be disabled, to clean it up a bit. Going through it and adding the type when it runs fine definitely seems like a much lengthier process for code that will become obsolete when a new update comes out. That's my thoughts anyway.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    It does, you must have missed that part

https://www.coderfriendly.com/2009/05...ns-cheatsheet/

Edit: Seems as if the link is down, at least for me at the time of this post. I saved the pictures though:
    https://i.imgur.com/01QCn.png
    https://i.imgur.com/FNGkr.png

You're not really going to notice too much of a difference switching to a different collection. Without seeing the source, I have no idea what could make it more efficient, as I'm also not sure where it could be improved.

That was the site I was looking at to choose a new collection in the first place

The previous collection used was an arraylist. So for an UPDATE Packet sending my Object ID's to be dropped, I would have to loop through the arraylist matching the dropped object's ID to the arraylist's ID. The same thing had to be done for new_tick, loop though arraylist, match, update statdata.

I am trying to find out what causes tiles from sometimes not loading for a few seconds, or in a crowded castle, it would seem like I lost connection for a few second because mobs & players would just fly off the screen, then suddenly zip back to their original position.

Thanks
    I am trying to find out what causes tiles from sometimes not loading for a few seconds, or in a crowded castle, it would seem like I lost connection for a few second because mobs & players would just fly off the screen, then suddenly zip back to their original position.
    It is how they have their lag compensation programmed. When you're updated, you are sent their current position and the client remembers their previous position from last tick. The reason why they continue moving is because in between those last two ticks, it calculates their angle of movement and their speed. When you lose connection, or are waiting on another tick to come, the client assumes they are still moving on the path they were before. You'll notice that not everyone moves when this happens. That's because in the last two updates you received, they were stationary.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    It is how they have their lag compensation programmed. When you're updated, you are sent their current position and the client remembers their previous position from last tick. The reason why they continue moving is because in between those last two ticks, it calculates their angle of movement and their speed. When you lose connection, or are waiting on another tick to come, the client assumes they are still moving on the path they were before. You'll notice that not everyone moves when this happens. That's because in the last two updates you received, they were stationary.
    I understand that (happens when you stop getting packets during the earthquake to oryx), but I for some reason do not get this issue when playing without the proxy, so I am taking the assumption that it is proxy related. The proxy could be hanging before it sends out the next new_tick; but hey, with all these crappy updates kabam is throwing out, who knows where the problem resides.
    Last edited by flyrocket; 10-18-2012 at 05:45 PM. Reason: grammar

Thanks
    I understand that (happens when you stop getting packets during the earthquake to oryx), but I for some reason do not get this issue when playing without the proxy, so I am taking the assumption that it is proxy related. The proxy could be hanging before it sends out the next new_tick; but hey, with all these crappy updates kabam is throwing out, who knows where the problem resides.
    Interesting. I don't use a proxy when I play at all, so I can't really compare the differences between the two, but I know I experience it without a proxy.

Thanks
    according to this : dooooooomed - Pastebin.com incoming in next release..
    seems another server controlled param is incoming : management of the loot %, xp gain

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

I unlocked some dev hotkeys. A couple of keys are for turning on/off ui elements (probably for screenshots and what not). There is a key for cycling between 6 choices that determine how projectiles look. There is a hotkey for changing the blending of tiles. There is also a hotkey for turning on and off displaying of projectiles. It was an interesting find. Thought I would share.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    On the wildshadow forums, someone posted that the f6-f12 keys do some of the dev hotkeys you described on the testing server when the new nexus was released, seems like they removed it now.

Does turning off blend help with lag or fps in any way?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Naw I didn't really notice a change in fps when playing with the blend. All hotkey info is stored in com/company/assembleegameclient/game/_-Kv.class.asasm on the current production build. When I was looking through them I noticed that some key checks were contained within an if statement. I simply made the if statements evaluate to true to enable the extra keys (F1-F4, F6-F9, F12, and c).

It seems pretty easy to add hot-keys to the game through the use of the hotkey class described above and the parameters class.

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast