Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

NtCall - A stable workaround for hooked APIs

This can easily be adapted by looking up the Indexes of other functions.
    If you see something that can be improved let me know.

Code:
    #include <Windows.h>
    #include <stdio.h>

LONG __declspec(naked) NtCall(DWORD FunctionIndex,DWORD ClassIndex,...)
    {
    	__asm
    	{
    		push ebp
    		mov ebp,esp
    		mov eax,FunctionIndex
    		mov ecx,ClassIndex
    		lea edx,[ebp+0x10]
    		call fs:[0xC0]
    		add esp,0x4
    		leave
    		retn
    	}
    }

#define NtTerminateProcess(ProcessHandle,ExitStatus) NtCall(0x29,0x0,ProcessHandle,ExitStatus)
    #define NtUserSendInput(nInputs,pInput,cbSize) NtCall(0x1082,0x0,nInputs,pInput,cbSize)
    #define NtDeleteFile(ObjectAttributes) NtCall(0x0B2,0x0,ObjectAttributes)
    #define NtReadVirtualMemory(ProcessHandle,BaseAddress,Buffer,NumberOfBytesToRead,NumberOfBytesRead) NtCall(0x3C,0x0,ProcessHandle,BaseAddress,Buffer,NumberOfBytesToRead,NumberOfBytesRead)
    #define NtWriteVirtualMemory(ProcessHandle,BaseAddress,Buffer,NumberOfBytesToWrite,NumberOfBytesWritten) NtCall(0x37,0x0,ProcessHandle,BaseAddress,Buffer,NumberOfBytesToWrite,NumberOfBytesWritten)
    #define NtOpenProcess(ProcessHandle,DesiredAccess,ObjectAttributes,ClientId) NtCall(0x23,0x0,ProcessHandle,DesiredAccess,ObjectAttributes,ClientId)
    #define NtClose(Handle) NtCall(0x0C,0x0,Handle)
    #define NtWaitForSingleObject(ObjectHandle,Alertable,TimeOut) NtCall(0x1,0x0D,ObjectHandle,Alertable,TimeOut)
    #define NtDelayExecution(Alertable,DelayInterval) NtCall(0x31,0x6,Alertable,DelayInterval)
    #define NtProtectVirtualMemory(ProcessHandle,BaseAddress,NumberOfBytesToProtect,NewAccessProtection,OldAccessProtection) NtCall(0x4D,0x0,ProcessHandle,BaseAddress,NumberOfBytesToProtect,NewAccessProtection,OldAccessProtection)
    #define NtAllocateVirtualMemory(ProcessHandle,BaseAddress,ZeroBits,RegionSize,AllocationType,ProtectionType) NtCall(0x15,0x0,ProcessHandle,BaseAddress,ZeroBits,RegionSize,AllocationType,ProtectionType)
    #define NtFreeVirtualMemory(ProcessHandle,BaseAddress,RegionSize,FreeType) NtCall(0x1B,0x0,ProcessHandle,BaseAddress,RegionSize,FreeType)

// Using NtTerminateProcess for an example
    int main()
    {
    	printf("Terminating self in one second\n");
    	Sleep(1000);
    	NtTerminateProcess(GetCurrentProcess(),-1);
    	printf("You should never see this message\n");
    	getchar();
    }
    Last edited by CyanideC00kies; 12-28-2012 at 02:22 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CyanideC00kies For This Useful Post:

SzaQal (12-28-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Seems nice. I might be using them.
    Even familiar landscapes will
    reveal a different kind of beauty
    if you change your viewpoint.
    Where these new encounters
    and new bonds will lead you...
    Such dazzling golden days.
    I, too, look forward to
    what I might behold.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    If they have the function checked, this won't make a difference & it would be slower than calling the ring3 function because of the indirection... & tbh this looks copy and pasted, you're not subtracting 4 from the stack but you're adding 4, you have a leave command in there but there is no enter, you have a return near command but not the size of the parameters... this just is not a viable option to be honest.
    Last edited by ~FALLEN~; 12-28-2012 at 05:42 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ~FALLEN~ View Post
    If they have the function checked, this won't make a difference & it would be slower than calling the ring3 function because of the indirection... & tbh this looks copy and pasted, you're not subtracting 4 from the stack but you're adding 4, you have a leave command in there but there is no enter, you have a return near command but not the size of the parameters... this just is not a viable option to be honest.
    Do you even know assembly? Not trying to hate, but it seems like you have no idea what you're talking about.
    Last edited by CyanideC00kies; 12-28-2012 at 10:04 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by CyanideC00kies View Post
    Do you even know assembly? Not trying to hate, but seems like you have no idea what you're talking about.
    Yes I do, I can write in x86 asm, read it, read binary, write binary, write code in binary, speak in binary, etc, can you? if there is a local variable you subtract from the stack, add at cleanup, if you're talking about the FS register call the nt functions should be standard calls ( __stdcall ) which means that the function itself should do the stack cleanup, not you. You have function parameters, the ret at the bottom should be ret ( 4 times number of parameters here ) as it is the size of params, seeing as a param is a pointer, that's why its 4 * number of params.. Like I said I've been coding for over 6 years, if you want to get into a pissing match then so be it, just know you will lose.

Thanks
    this will work only on 64 bit.. since "fs:[C0]" is a pointer to a wow64 function that will convert 32bit system calls to 64 bits system calls.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    ^this /too short

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by akinator View Post
    this will work only on 64 bit.. since "fs:[C0]" is a pointer to a wow64 function that will convert 32bit system calls to 64 bits system calls.
    Thanks for pointing that out.

^this /too short
    LOL FALLEN, stop acting like you actually knew that. Your explanation was completely wrong.
    Last edited by CyanideC00kies; 12-28-2012 at 10:07 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by CyanideC00kies View Post
    Thanks for pointing that out.

LOL FALLEN, stop acting like you actually knew that. Your explanation was completely wrong.
    No it wasn't, 0xC0 is reserved for wow32 if you were to look into the thread information block, process environment block, heap, etc, you would know that.
    Better way to do this:

make a class filled with pointers to typedefed nt functions. ex
    get module from peb -> search module exports from nt header -> fill class with exports.
    It's stealthy and it's a faster, and much more reliable option than this. If you're talking about syscalls then there is much better alternatives than this...
    come at me?

Thanks
    Stop bickering and work together. Instead of acting like douches, you should help each other.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    im kinda enjoying it it seems to be "there way of working it out" the way they know how the old fashioned pissing contest and dang i sure do enjoy the read!!!
    Last edited by HOOSIER; 12-29-2012 at 01:31 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by HOOSIER View Post
    im kinda enjoying it it seems to be "there way of working it out" the way they know how the old fashioned pissing contest and dang i sure do enjoy the read!!!
    lol yeah, that's actually how most coders get to know each other believe it or not. Someone says something, someone else gives input, person a cant take criticism and yells at person b, person b goes off like yo i gotz a bigger e-penor than youz. Then eventually they contact outside of the place of the argument and get to know one another. That's how i met raiders LOL

Thanks
    No it wasn't, 0xC0 is reserved for wow32 if you were to look into the thread information block, process environment block, heap, etc, you would know that.
    Better way to do this:

make a class filled with pointers to typedefed nt functions. ex
    get module from peb -> search module exports from nt header -> fill class with exports.
    It's stealthy and it's a faster, and much more reliable option than this. If you're talking about syscalls then there is much better alternatives than this...
    come at me?
    this way would work only if the exports are getting patched.
    if they use a normal hook this would be pointless.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by akinator View Post

this way would work only if the exports are getting patched.
    if they use a normal hook this would be pointless.
    No you're wrong, you're not understanding the point of the post. Let me explain, assuming this is a syscall wrapper ( which is what it looks like ) a much better alternative would be to fill out a list of syscall numbers and get the os version out of the PEB check the service pack, etc & then use the syscalls based off that. If it wasn't such, he could get module from peb, search exports then wrap them. But to be completely honest it would be more viable to use a driver and just unhook their hooks as anticheat drivers start alongside the anticheat which starts alongside the game. ( If this is the route you want to go that is, like I said there is really no true need for this )
    Last edited by ~FALLEN~; 12-30-2012 at 08:44 AM.

Thanks
    Not trying to be mean, but if you guys don't understand what this is doing then you should take a break from MPGH for a bit, and learn some assembly before looking into this hook. Or ask CyanideC00kies, to kindly mark up the source.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast