Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

character duplication save (image bug)

I don't know if anyone has tried duplicating their saves before, like if they wanted to use their character but as a different class, but I noticed that when you duplicate the save, the character model doesn't change in the main menu when you're switching characters. Say I select my lvl 50 assassin and then switch to my duplicated save, a level 50 commando. the character on the screen stays as an assassin. Does anyone know how to fix that? perhaps you have to change some raw data in the gibbed save editor? It's a minor annoyance, but if anyone knows that'd be great! Thanks!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    I had a weird experience doing that too. Started as a commando and converted into a gunzerker. The skill tree's reset, but when I started putting points into them they acted weird. Instead of counting up 1/5 2/5 3/5 4/5 5/5 They counted 6/5 7/5 8/5 9/5 10/5. Wasn't that big a deal, but every time I would play hyperion with a friend, the game would freeze as soon as hyperion was killed. I agree with you, there has to be 1 or 2 little things that we are neglecting to do. Happy Gaming :-)

Thanks
    It happens as all the parameters aren't correctly set when changing classes. Under the 'raw tab' you'll find;

PlayerClass: GD_Assassin.Character.CharClass_Assassin

or similar, you can use this to change the class, however it automatically recorrects the class once you login to the game world with them. If you login with the toon, save and quit it, it should be corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by sdcode3driver View Post
    They counted 6/5 7/5 8/5 9/5 10/5
    Try either manually setting the skills to 0 before changing class under the 'raw tab' and SkillData, or the easiest way is to clear the skills beforehand via. in-game reset, this will correct the stacking of skills as they may be allocated to other classes.
    Last edited by Ashley James; 10-26-2012 at 04:50 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley James View Post
    or the easiest way is to clear the skills beforehand via. in-game reset, this will correct the stacking of skills as they may be allocated to other classes.
    ^^^This

I spent a painful amount of time trying to mod those arrays to allow skills from outside classes. But they seem to hook to your GD_Class.Character regardless of where you're modifying the skill or said skills definition.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    @ashley, Thank you so much for your reply!!!! LOVE this gaming community!!!!!
    mike

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley James View Post
    It happens as all the parameters aren't correctly set when changing classes. Under the 'raw tab' you'll find;

PlayerClass: GD_Assassin.Character.CharClass_Assassin

or similar, you can use this to change the class, however it automatically recorrects the class once you login to the game world with them. If you login with the toon, save and quit it, it should be corrected.

I tried doing this, but for some reason the character model still doesn't change when i duplicate the save. any ideas? im using the gibbed save editor btw

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    anyone figure out how to fix this yet?