Thread: vista help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Thanks

vista help

k for me to download combat arms i need to make space so i need some one help so i can take everything off my vista computer and restart so my computer is like i just bought it new so what do i do

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    1. do you have a Vista CD and a legit CD key?

if so...restart your computer, setting boot priority with CD-ROM set to boot first, if you already dont have it that way...

if so...restart copmuter with OS Disc in your drive, boot from disc when it asks you to...then when you get to the installation window, press install...format your hardrive from any partitions you may have, create a new partition, and click fresh install...and you should be good to go afterwards.
    ..: Newest :..

[IMG]https://i560.photobucke*****m/albums/ss44/Nookuios/Star-lightsig.png[/IMG]

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMiclan View Post
    1. do you have a Vista CD and a legit CD key?

if so...restart your computer, setting boot priority with CD-ROM set to boot first, if you already dont have it that way...

if so...restart copmuter with OS Disc in your drive, boot from disc when it asks you to...then when you get to the installation window, press install...format your hardrive from any partitions you may have, create a new partition, and click fresh install...and you should be good to go afterwards.
    You are pro

Thanks
    my cousing use to do it without a disk how would i do that

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    no not really, installing an OS is extremely simple, but i dont mind helping people out with comp issues, is the reason i plan on becoming a computer technician.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    well if you are just wanting to free up space, go into your control panel, go into add/remove programs, remove any apps/ etc. that you rarely use, besides your drivers and other windows updates, etc. and then afterwards, go to my computer, or computer, as it says on Vista OS's, and right click it and go down to properties in the drop menu, it will have an option to compress files, check that and click apply, may take several minutes or so, after that, use disk cleanup...also found on the same window..check all the boxes when it pops up what you want windows to cleanup...will also take sevral minutes or so, depending on how long its been since you've done this, then afterwards, click tools and go to defragmentation, do this also, as it will compact fragmented files and create more and also make more programs and such on your hardrive easily accessible....but i still recommend doing my first method, is a lot better.

Thanks
    no no no i want to compltey wipe my computer and start from scratch

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    then you need a OS CD...that is completely starting from scratch....first method is the way to go if you want your comp to be pretty much "brand new" just dont forget to backup hardware drivers and any apps and photos, etc.

i guess technically you could do a system restore as well....to a way, way earlier point, like when you first got the comp or something, but i still recommend my first method...

Thanks
    were do i get the os cd

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    shouldve came with your comp.

Thanks
    but my cousin does something without the disk and and make it so when you power back on you have to create a new account and everything gone

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    only thing i know of, from my personal experience, is just reinstalling windows completely...system restore is good as well, but doesn't make you have to create a new account and such, maybe he has a program or something...

Thanks
    is there a way to burn it

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    im sure, if your cousin has a windows xp disc or vista disc just use that, i recommend xp, for many reasons, vista sucks imo...

Thanks
    i still dont get it he doesnt put anything in the drive and it practilly wipes it clean

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast